Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 21 to 40 of 1,768

RR529

Really tempted to pick up X/X-2 HD. X, along with the first Kingdom Hearts, were the first games to get me into JRPGs, but it's been years since I last played it, so it'll be great to play it again (also never played X-2, which I want to do as well).

May get XII as well. I played it on PS2 but dropped it after getting to a segment in a mine where you have to escape from some lizard(?) looking villain, but I always died before escaping.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

I honestly thought we were never getting mainline Final Fantasy on Nintendo outside of the original 6. VII came out 21 years ago. TWENTY ONE. Square Enix has been making games for Nintendo systems again for FIFTEEN years. So I just assumed it was never happening for...whatever reason.

But now we basically get all the good ones! Awesome! Now for various reasons (mostly my refusal to buy games I've already experienced), I personally would only get XII most likely, but this is still unbelievably awesome. I grew up in the N64/PS1 era, so this is so cool to me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

Mwahahahaha.....!!
Finally, FF XII The Zodiac Age, FF X/X-2 HD, FF IX HD, World of Final Fantasy Maxima on Nintendo Switch !

So, like i said before, time for Revenge against my PS4 version.
Soon, i will SOLD my PS4 version of FF XII, FF X/X-2 & World of Final Fantasy. Another Elimination, again. One step closer to get rid my PS4 entirely.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Is IX the best one of these for someone new to FF to start with? The closest thing I've played to any of these is Bravely Default.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
After i heard the announcement of FF XII The Zodiac Age, FF X/X-2 HD, World of Final Fantasy Maxima on Nintendo Switch, now it just ONLY 3 PS4 games that still i haven't Eliminated yet :
1. The Sims 4
2. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD
3. Portal Knights: Gold Throne Edition

Just matter of time. Once the two games announced on Switch (The Sims 4 & Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD), that means Sayonara PS4, SOLD them All.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

i wonder if VIII is getting a remaster....

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FaeKnight

Kingdom Hearts may never come to Switch, although I wouldn't object if it did. The series was always a Sony exclusive.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Dezzy

@Tyranexx

Yep 9 is the best to start with definitely. 10 is also a good starting point.

9 is like a much larger and better version of Bravely Default. The only thing Bravely Default does better is the battle system.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@FaeKnight
Remember when FF X/X-2 HD & World of Final Fantasy were still labelled "Only On Playstation" on the Top cover of PS4 ?
No More Playstation Exclusive right now.
SquareEnix will port their games on Nintendo Switch.
You know, backstabbing Sony was felt really great for me.
I believe SquareEnix will bring their games on Xbox1 as well.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

This is one of the most exciting days in recent memory for me.

I've been saying I wanted Final Fantasy on switch since the day the system launched. And I especially wanted to see X and XII. We just got both of those games and so much more.

Btw, the Final Fantasy XV Pocket HD is excellent! The game looks so much better than what I was expecting because of the goofy art style. But in motion for actual gameplay it looks really good. And all the original voice acting and sound effects are still there which really gives it a feeling of higher quality than the condensed aesthetics lend credence to.

Combat at 12:30

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

iKhan

It's very simple. Octopath Traveler sold a bajilion units on Switch on a relatively low development cost, and Square Enix came to Nintendo running.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Tyranexx

I'll probably try the majority of the main numbered entries that are being ported since my research seems to indicate that these entries are generally well-regarded? I'm gonna be swamped with RPGs again it seems.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter I am sorry but this is site for gamers that actually like games no matter the console. It is mainly for Nintendo but you have to at least tolerate the others.
This thread is for FF on Nintendo console and you just repeat your crap over and over how you hate some other console or company.

This is NOT ok.

Stop pushing your personal crap where it doea NOT belong.

Edited on by Zuljaras

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter you must backstab a lot of people in life. Such evil

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Cineologist

Sorta bummed VIII is not coming (at least for now). The summon cutscenes are epic.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4947-0280-9215 (Cinéphile)

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Actually, i DIDN'T even want to buy PS4 last year.
But FF XII The Zodiac Age PS4 has Silenced me to buy the PS4 version at that time.
But now, FF XII The Zodiac Age will be on Nintendo Switch, so i don't need the PS4 version anymore.
I can Sold my PS4 version to buy the Switch version.
The reason i backstabbing Sony because......
Since PS3 era, Sony has DISAPPOINTED me A Lot. That was my personal issue.
Time for changes, back to Nintendo side.

You can disagree with my decision, but i have to do it because the reason i bought PS4 is NOT because i like the machine, but i have NO Choice to play FF X/X-2 HD, FF XII The Zodiac Age, World of Final Fantasy on Nintendo machine on that time. Luckily, i haven't played so long for those games (PS4 version) so i don't mind to Restart again on Switch version.

Now, i have a chance, so i will always choose Nintendo Switch version whenever there are new games in the future. Please understand my motivation.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Franz
FF VIII has been ported to Steam with Better graphics but unfortunately the Music quality was worse than PS1 version (Steam version used MIDI format).
Hopefully SquareEnix Remake FF VIII once again with proper 3D Rendering and SAME Music version from PS1.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
Don't worry.
I only "backstab" Sony. (Betray)
But i still play their products just only PS1 & PS2.
I still display neatly my PS2 & PS1 games on my shelf.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter there is nothing to understand. If you want to push the Sony hate this is NOT the place for it.

Simple as that. This is thread for FF.

No one cares about some personal issues. State your opinions on the matter at the appropriate places. This is NOT one of them.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic