Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,768

Quarth

FFX:
OK, so I need some tips regarding how to beat Sin's head, the fight where he draws you nearer and you must beat him before that, but he has like 100.000+ health.

I have:
All characters at Overdrive, all five main Aeons at Overdrive, two characters that knows Holy (Yuna, Rikku), one character that knows Ultima (Auron, soon also Lulu), Trio of 9999 ready, Auron's Celestial Weapon

What's the best strategy?

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

RR529

@Quarth, I remember having trouble with that part when I first played it years ago, but I beat it on my first try this time.

Don't think I did anything particularly special. Just used Hastega to make everyone get extra turns, then used powerful magic to attack it for awhile, then finished it with Bahumut's Overdrive, which should be more than enough.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Quarth

@RR529 Will try, thanks! Got Yojimbo now as well.

Quarth

Beat the damn thing! Now onto hopefully the last battle with Seymour.

Quarth

There... Just finished FFX after 80+ hours of playtime. The ending with Tidus and Auron going away almost got me a little teary eyed.

Good game overall. Some minor flaws that could be improved with QoL implementations, but mostly a solid experience. Really enjoyed the story and characters.

Edited on by Quarth

mack73

2 more days till FF8. Still interesting that it is listed as 'estimated release date' in the E-shop without a pre-order option.................

mack73

DenDen

@mack73
I thought the same thing,
Curious why this is

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
Actually, you did realized if Auron was an unsent from the event at Farplane Abbys inside Guadosallam. Also, from event with Yunalesca.

Anti-Matter

Quarth

@Anti-Matter Yes, of course. Didn't make it less sad though.

komodo182

@Quarth Yet you can visit the farplanes with him later hahaha

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

BruceCM

FFVIII remastered is available to buy in eshop now....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

komodo182

@BruceCM I might have to dip into this sometime. I haven't purchased any of the ff games on the switch yet mostly due to price compared to other consoles. This one is roughly the same price as other consoles, but without the achievement system (which just adds something nice). I do have credit on my account so that makes this cheaper on switch overall. I rarely use the switch away from the tv.
We will see what happens. I will pick it up on something, sometime.
Still working on fire emblem as of now. Plus I preordered greedfall, so I might be busy for awhile.

BruceCM

I've pre-loaded Greedfall, too, @komodo182 ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

The dream...HAS COME ALIVE!!!

Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII will be released physically in a double pack in Asia.
https://gematsu.com/2019/09/final-fantasy-vii-and-final-fanta...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

@Magician
Any date release for FF VII & VIII physical ?
I suspect the PS4 & Xbox One version will get Three in One games (FF 7 + 8 + 9) after Switch version.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Just says 'this year's at the moment, @Anti-Matter .... Hope for a release date soon, though, since it shouldn't take that long to finalize everything

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

I would love for IX to be on it as well

Leon_Kennedy

Gah, was hoping to get FF9 finished before FF8 came out but I have failed. Haven’t purchased fire emblem yet either. It’s tough being a switch JRPG fan at the moment. Shouldn’t complain though!

Leon_Kennedy

Dezzy

I would've bought it if it had FF9 too. Probably won't bother just FF7 and FF8 though. I'm hoping the FF7 remake will end up making the original FF7 obselete, although that might be wishful thinking.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Cotillion

I'm really struggling to get through FF X. I like the story, characters (in spite of the horrible voice acting), setting, areas, but there's just too many pace-breaking times that are also very badly designed.
The Blitzball was awful, and things like the Trial Cloisters are worse. I just did the Bevelle Trial, for example. I was 15 mins repeating the same track because the directional arrows wouldn't line up when I passed over them. Went different paths to change timing, reset it, mashed the buttons and out of pure chance I eventually got it. What a terrible design.
Pace breaking things like this make me lose interest and it sits unplayed for periodically. This is my first 'modern' Final Fantasy beyond VII and it's really turned me off getting the others if this is the type of things they have in them.

Cotillion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic