Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,768

Dezzy

Do we have a release date for FF8?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Not as far as I know, @Dezzy .... Been keeping an eye out for that, since I'm looking forward to getting it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

I just want more info on whether there's voice acting really.

I'll definitely still get it. The updated models is a nice enough update. But voice acting would really be incredible (and might mean they're going to do the same for FF9)

Anti-Matter

If FF IX got voiceover in the future, we will figure it out what gender of Quina Quen.
Is Quina a male or female or genderless ?
I imagine Quina is a female with Ursula's voice.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Yeah, I want to know about that, too, @Dezzy .... If I see any updates or anything, I'll share them

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@Dezzy That would be awesome if they voice overed ff9.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Quarth

Argh!! FFX...

I really hate Yunalesca! Managed to get to her third form, but shut the system off when I realised the game was lost.

Sigh... Back to grinding. Need to unlock Holy. And I need more characters to learn Dispel, right now it's only Rikku who knows it. I hate Regen!

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
Prepare your Aeons with Full Overdrive before fight against Yunalesca.
Summon them when you realize she will change into next form so you will be safe from Hell biter and Mega Death (The Aeons will take those attacks)
Yuna should have Deathproof equipment by customize to prevent Mega Death. Better Yuna learn Auto-Life, Holy to counter the Yunalesca attacks.

Anti-Matter

Quarth

@Anti-Matter Yep, I already have all characters and aeons at full overdrive.

It's just that I have to figure out her patterns and type of attacks, as I noticed she for example made it impossible for me to use Bahamuts Mega Flare twice (the second time I tried to use Mega Flare was with Yuna's overdrive mode and Yunalesca only had like 22,000 life left being in her third form, but she had put a spell on Bahamut the first time I summoned him during the battle (during Yunalescas second form), so Mega Flare wasn't available and instead she sucked the life out of him plus restoring a lot of health, suddenly being back at 30,000+). So I need a better strategy, will definitely look into death proofing some of the equipment.

I love this game, but I hate that you can't skip cutscenes. The one before this battle is soooo loooooong...

Edited on by Quarth

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
I have defeated Yunalesca without making someone died due to Mega Death or Zombie status from Hell Biter.

Strategy for 1st form:
Cast Auto Life + Protect + Hastega to ALL party members, Yuna SHOULD be wears Deathproof + Silence proof armor to prevent Mega Death and being silenced after cast magics onto Yunalesca, Cast Flare / Holy onto Yunalesca 2 times with assume the damage = 9999, Summon Valefor with Full Overdrive so she can deal 9999 damage from Energy Ray (Total damage = 3 x 9999 = 29,997), with total damage exceeding 24,000 she will transform into 2nd form.

Strategy for 2nd form:
Since you have attacked her by Aeons until she transformed into 2nd form, she will cast Hellbiter. Your Valefor will take those Hellbiter (Immune all bad status) but Yunalesca will strike your Valefor then Absorb the Aeon's HP until your Aeon died.
Here, cast Flare / Holy again onto Yunalesca again for 4 times (4 x 9999 = 39996), Summon Ifrit / Ixion / Shiva to cover your party and use their Overdrive with damage = 9999. After that it will trigger Yunalesca to 3rd form.

Strategy for 3rd form:
Yunalesca will cast Mega Death onto your Aeon and it will be MISS since Aeons are Death proof but once again Yunalesca will kill your Aeon with her Absorb, Here after your another Aeons killed , summon Bahamut. If you have trained Yuna very well, Bahamut can deals Mega Flare with damage over than 60,000. Defeat Yunalesca with Bahamut's Mega Flare and victory will be yours.

After you defeat Yunalesca, make sure you check the chest over there to get Sun Crest for Tidus or you have to defeat Dark Bahamut if you forget to get Sun Crest.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Quarth

@Anti-Matter Thanks! Will need to train a little bit more, but after that I will try your strategy.

Edit: Beat her by using Rikku's mix Trio. A little cheap maybe, but I don't care. All that matters is that I beat her and now the story can continue and I never have to see that cutscene again.

Edited on by Quarth

Magician

Now that Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is available to preorder on PS4 and Xbone For $20, I have serious doubts the game being released physically.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

Looks like that voiceacting rumour was nonsense too. I'd assumed it would be just a mistake.

BruceCM

Yeah, sadly, @Magician & @Dezzy .... I'll probably get it on Switch, to go with the rest & still looking forward to replaying it, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Quarth

I really enjoy FFX, but it contains a lot of infuriating stuff. The mini games are awful. I've managed to beat the chocobo race, but am stuck at that stupid butterfly hunt now. Do I need to beat the two hunts directly after each other or can I do other stuff in between? I beat the first hunt (giving me the teleport sphere) but got frustrated with the second area and went away to do something else (got the No Encounters update).

Edited on by Quarth

Quarth

Where is Bribe on the Sphere Grid? Trying to find it to see in which direction Rikku should go.

BruceCM

Bribe is the last ability on Rikku's part of the Sphere Grid, located at the bottom center of the grid map, directly to the left of the loop with all of Lulu's "-ra" spells, @Quarth ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

RR529

@Quarth, also, you don't even have to do the butterfly hunts. I think I completed the first one (upon coming back to the area at a later time), but never even bothered with the second.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Quarth

@RR529 Oh, I just want the Saturn Sigil for Kimahri's Celestial Weapon.

Edited on by Quarth

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic