OK, so I'll ask you if I get stuck, @komodo182 .... Eventually

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

komodo182

@BruceCM Sounds good

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716
Asphalt Club Tag #15a1 (Siege Engine)

Late

So close to beating FFX but "Braska's Final Aeon" keeps killing me just as I'm about to win. Just lost for the third time. I guess I should just use some of my stuff like Stamina Tablets. It's not like I have a use for them after I beat the game since I'll be playing Three Houses after I finish X. Couple more levels wouldn't be bad either. I'm just so close to winning that I feel like I should be able to win regardless and then the boss suddenly does all sorts of stuff before I get my turn again and I have to spend my turns healing and reviving other characters.

@BruceCM Just a heads up. There's a "currently playing" thread but it's in general discussion. Here's a link to it: Click here

Late

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

komodo182

@Late Omega Ruins is a great place to gain AP if you need it.

Anti-Matter

@Late
Talk to Jecth (Tidus) when Jecth Overdrive is about to full to reset the Overdrive meter.
If you Anima, 2 x 99,999 from Attack command will kill him in 2 turn.

My Top 10 villagers on ACNH:
1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

BruceCM

That's a strange place to put it, @Late .... But thanks for that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Late

I finally did it. I beat FFX. Only took me over 3 months. The final battles went for bit too long to my liking but that wasn't a surprise. I loved the game but I'm also glad it's over. Same feeling as with Xenoblade 2 which also lasted me 3 months or so. Though I spent ~100 hours with it before beating it and FFX took me about half of that.

I didn't get every Aeon and other extra things so I can go back to it later if I want to. Or even start from the beginning. I guess I also have FFX-2 waiting for the day I want to try that out. For now, my focus shifts to Fire Emblem. I hope it can keep my interest. I really like FE but more often than not, I stop playing after the mid-point and I have hard time continuing from where I left off.

Late

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Dezzy

Do we have a release date for FF8?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Not as far as I know, @Dezzy .... Been keeping an eye out for that, since I'm looking forward to getting it

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

I just want more info on whether there's voice acting really.

I'll definitely still get it. The updated models is a nice enough update. But voice acting would really be incredible (and might mean they're going to do the same for FF9)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

If FF IX got voiceover in the future, we will figure it out what gender of Quina Quen.
Is Quina a male or female or genderless ?
I imagine Quina is a female with Ursula's voice.

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

From what I'm seeing, the official stance is genderless.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

BruceCM

Yeah, I want to know about that, too, @Dezzy .... If I see any updates or anything, I'll share them

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@Dezzy That would be awesome if they voice overed ff9.

Edited on by komodo182

Quarth

Argh!! FFX...

I really hate Yunalesca! Managed to get to her third form, but shut the system off when I realised the game was lost.

Sigh... Back to grinding. Need to unlock Holy. And I need more characters to learn Dispel, right now it's only Rikku who knows it. I hate Regen!

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
Prepare your Aeons with Full Overdrive before fight against Yunalesca.
Summon them when you realize she will change into next form so you will be safe from Hell biter and Mega Death (The Aeons will take those attacks)
Yuna should have Deathproof equipment by customize to prevent Mega Death. Better Yuna learn Auto-Life, Holy to counter the Yunalesca attacks.

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Quarth

@Anti-Matter Yep, I already have all characters and aeons at full overdrive.

It's just that I have to figure out her patterns and type of attacks, as I noticed she for example made it impossible for me to use Bahamuts Mega Flare twice (the second time I tried to use Mega Flare was with Yuna's overdrive mode and Yunalesca only had like 22,000 life left being in her third form, but she had put a spell on Bahamut the first time I summoned him during the battle (during Yunalescas second form), so Mega Flare wasn't available and instead she sucked the life out of him plus restoring a lot of health, suddenly being back at 30,000+). So I need a better strategy, will definitely look into death proofing some of the equipment.

I love this game, but I hate that you can't skip cutscenes. The one before this battle is soooo loooooong...

Edited on by Quarth

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
I have defeated Yunalesca without making someone died due to Mega Death or Zombie status from Hell Biter.

Strategy for 1st form:
Cast Auto Life + Protect + Hastega to ALL party members, Yuna SHOULD be wears Deathproof + Silence proof armor to prevent Mega Death and being silenced after cast magics onto Yunalesca, Cast Flare / Holy onto Yunalesca 2 times with assume the damage = 9999, Summon Valefor with Full Overdrive so she can deal 9999 damage from Energy Ray (Total damage = 3 x 9999 = 29,997), with total damage exceeding 24,000 she will transform into 2nd form.

Strategy for 2nd form:
Since you have attacked her by Aeons until she transformed into 2nd form, she will cast Hellbiter. Your Valefor will take those Hellbiter (Immune all bad status) but Yunalesca will strike your Valefor then Absorb the Aeon's HP until your Aeon died.
Here, cast Flare / Holy again onto Yunalesca again for 4 times (4 x 9999 = 39996), Summon Ifrit / Ixion / Shiva to cover your party and use their Overdrive with damage = 9999. After that it will trigger Yunalesca to 3rd form.

Strategy for 3rd form:
Yunalesca will cast Mega Death onto your Aeon and it will be MISS since Aeons are Death proof but once again Yunalesca will kill your Aeon with her Absorb, Here after your another Aeons killed , summon Bahamut. If you have trained Yuna very well, Bahamut can deals Mega Flare with damage over than 60,000. Defeat Yunalesca with Bahamut's Mega Flare and victory will be yours.

After you defeat Yunalesca, make sure you check the chest over there to get Sun Crest for Tidus or you have to defeat Dark Bahamut if you forget to get Sun Crest.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

1. Rooney
2. Raymond
3. Sterling
4. Wolfgang
5. Apollo
6. Sherb
7. Marshal
8. Curt
9. Jay
10. Tybalt

Quarth

@Anti-Matter Thanks! Will need to train a little bit more, but after that I will try your strategy.

Edit: Beat her by using Rikku's mix Trio. A little cheap maybe, but I don't care. All that matters is that I beat her and now the story can continue and I never have to see that cutscene again.

Edited on by Quarth

Magician

Now that Final Fantasy VIII Remastered is available to preorder on PS4 and Xbone For $20, I have serious doubts the game being released physically.

Switch Physical Collection - 639 games (as of August 5th, 2020)
Currently playing: Coffee Talk (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic