Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 501 to 520 of 645

Lroy

@SuperJoon Go for it. If you have ever enjoyed a previous FIFA game, I'd imagine you'd like this one. It plays very well.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

SuperJoon

@Lroy I've had them all for the last few years and enjoy a good football game, got it on my PS4, would be nice to have it to play on the go as well

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

Lroy

@SuperJoon Ah I hadn't realised. You know exactly what you are getting then. So no need for comment from me ☺️

SuperJoon

Haha! Yeah I know, looking forward to getting Boro to the promised land haha!

Lroy

Huzzah! It may be past midnight here but I just beat Manchester United 2-0 in the League Cup Final to claim my first major piece of Silverware as Northampton Manager. Having only won the Checkatrade Trophy previously (oh and a couple of those pre-season friendly, invitational trophies) understandably I am delighted.

The cherry ontop is that both my goals came from headers?! I never score from headers, ha! ha! One from open play from my new signing up front Kaoume and the other from a corner scored by my long serving left-sided central Defender Pierre. Both Full-Backs provided the crosses. Again, long serving squad members who have been with me since Day 1. Get in!

I'm still in the Top 5 in the Premiership table too as we head towards the business end of the season. No doubt they'll be a barren spell and some hard times ahead but for now I'm celebrating and intend to see out at least two more seasons with the club if it is left in my hands.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@SuperJoon Nice! What club are you going to choose for your first Manager Mode Save File? What difficulty are you going to play on?

Look forward to hearing about your tenure at your new club πŸ‘

SuperJoon

@Lroy Probably Middlesbrough, not sure on difficulty, I usually go with Semi Pro. Will add updates to the thread

TheMONADO36

You Brits better enjoy this game while you can because there won’t be another one next year. No way EA and Nintendo will prop up the sales deficit from the 300 English people that have a Switch.

Meanwhile still no Madden. That is a game that will sell.

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

Lroy

@SuperJoon I suggest you consider Professional as I found, despite having not played FIFA in years, that Semi-Pro proves to be far too unrealistically easy within a single season.

You mentioned before how you are an active and up to date FIFA player having owned recent past entries on other platforms. I'd feel pretty confident that you could soon more then hold your own on Professional difficulty.

You could always start a Save File on Semi-Pro with one team and then another Managae Mode career on Professional. You'll soon find which level of challenge you prefer. @gcunit Has me considering maybe beginning a World Class career too.

Either way, best of luck and let us know what formations, tactics and players you find work for you.

Edited on by Lroy

gcunit

@TheMONADO36 Yeh, good point, cos there not being one next year would really impact my enjoyment of this one. I can't see me getting 2019 even if it did hit Switch. Probably the only thing that could sway me is if they added online Vs friends, and even I'm not really in any rush for that either.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Lroy

@gcunit @TheMONADO36 Has the game really performed that poorly? What were the expected sales then? Can't of been HUGE numbers realistically?

I've no idea of industry sales figures or the gaming public's general opinion. However, anyone who has played it seems to regard it very highly and a large number of people on my friends list (which must be between 200/250 people) have the game - playing it for upwards of a hundreds hours each.

I wish I'd bought it sooner, waiting for a discount until Feb of this year. Now I have played it I'd have happily paid full price. I'm approaching 100 hrs played and am no where near exhausting the game-play content. If a future edition does get released with the ability to play friends online, I'll pre-order it as soon as possible.

Edited on by Lroy

SuperJoon

I don't think one region's sales will cost the next edition, the overall sale of the game globally is good, plus it will be cumulative sales with all editions, as long as there's a healthy profit behind the entire franchise, we will more than likely see a FIFA 19.

Just started my managerial career with Middlesbrough, first 2 friendlies out the way, participating in a european cup to start pre season. Won the opening 2 games 2-0 against Udinese and 5-0 against Cadiz. The 5-0 was a flattering scoreline, they did give me a good game, I just got lucky with 2 goals and worked the other 3 well.

Also changed the formation for the Cadiz game from standard 4-1-2-3 to 4-2-4 - Removing the Defensive Midfielder and putting another striker up top and it seemed to open the second game up a bit, just have to be careful not to be caught out in Midfield

Not happy though that I can't save videos. Scored a cracker against Cadiz

Edited on by SuperJoon

Lroy

@SuperJoon Yeah, not being able to save replays is really quite irritating. Would love to upload some of the gems I'd scored and likewise see other wonder goals by fellow players. Why on earth has this game not been made compatible with the Switch 30 seconds Video Save feature?

Zkibu

@TheMONADO36
If Madden happens then maybe we could see the "glorious" (it's EA let's be honest) return of the NHL to Nintendo system. I am just dying to play hockey game.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

@SuperJoon Just caught up reading back through this thread: you already had bought FIFA 18? What happened? Did you sell it and are only now buying it again? Either way, it only further makes redundant any need to offer opinions of the game to you as clearly, you had already played it, lol!

Lroy

Just noticed Northampton Town had been relegated from League One in the real world. Wow, makes my achievements with them in Manager Mode all the more impressive, lol!

Still on for a domestic Cup double and fighting for a Champions League qualification place finish. All in our debut season in the Premiership.

dimi

We will definitely see a Fifa 2019. They only question is: Will it be just a re-skin with the new team rosters or EA will put some real effort behind it? What about the much needed new on-line features that should be available with the new online service? Will we finally be able to play against our friends?

Edited on by dimi

dimi

SuperJoon

@Lroy Yeah had it before but someone from work 'borrowed' it from me, when I asked for it back 'he kept forgetting' to bring it in, he was then let go, so I never saw it again. Only now just getting round to getting it again.

Zkibu

Well I am back. I had some motivation problems with Huddersfield and decided to swallow my pride and restart a new career again in Valencia. I thought it would be easier and not so much hassle with familiar squad. Brought in talented Belgian side midfielder Carrasco who was a free agent. Otherwise my squad was same as last time. World Class AI and 6 min periods. Everything was set and ready for better run this time... Until I lost the first game against lowly Las Palmas. Defeat placed my team and myself quite difficult position beacuse my next two fixtures would be against Real Madrid away and Atletico at home. Last time I got fired after 7 games and 2 losses. I felt that same fate was waiting for me if I had 0 points after 3 matches.

I took a break from my career. My problem was too slow build up play without purpose and too passive defending. I defended well but I won the ball back too deep in my own zone which combined to headless slow tempo passes made my games snoozefests. I made up new strategies to speed up my passing and shake up my pressing. In build up I am using now pretty much everytime same passing patterns. For example GK-RB-RCM-LCM-LM-LS-LCM and go on from there. Without the ball I decided to just focus aggressively on the ball carrier and forget everything else.

I went back to my career mode and suddenly it worked. I beat Real Madrid 1-0 and Atletico 2-1. Last week I felt that this game is annoying, now I am feeling that I am actually one the greatest tactical masterminds ever lived:)

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.