Forums

Topic: Excited for the Nindie Presentation?

Posts 121 to 140 of 146

Jbs-Dad

@meppi64 I have heard people worship nuclear throne. Is it a rogue like/lite? I don't know too much about it?

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo Nah. There were barely any good indies there to begin with (aside from Mark of the Ninja, but I played that on Steam years ago).

Good stuff is coming, but almost none of it was in that presentation.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

meppi64

@Jbs-Dad Oh it really is a brilliant little game.
It doesn't look like much on first sight, but everything just clicks together perfectly.
It's like a classic arcade style game from the 90's with randomly generated levels, weapons placements and enemies. Every level needs to be cleared of all enemies before a hole tears through the level and you can move on to the next one.
There's bosses at the end of certain levels and a whole bunch of secrets.
After each level you can select a mutation to take to the next one to better your character, or to power up weapons or such.

What makes it so great for me is the feeling of all the guns.
They all are just so satisfying and fun to use. And the overall design of the levels and enemies makes it so that it's the perfect "one more go" game.
You can unlock a whole bunch of characters, each with their own attributes that makes the game play a bit different as well.

It really is something special.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Jbs-Dad

@meppi64 sounds amazing , I'm really into gungeon, isaac,neon chrome , Neuro voider anything like that. Sounds like my type of game let's hope it gets a switch release. I always see talk on forums about nuclear throne and rogue legacy .

meppi64

@Jbs-Dad Oh I love Gungeon. Had a bit of a tougher time getting into Isaac at first, but after a couple of hours, it finally clicked and I've had a ton of fun with it.
Only just scratched the surface of Neuro Voider, since I have way too much to play as of late, but first impressions certainly were quite good.

Rogue Legacy is another really fun one. Very different though, but also a really addictive game.
Bit more in the vein of Spelunky, which is also wonderful.

Haven't tried Neon Chrome yet.
Have to say, from all those games above, my personal favourite would still be Nuclear Throne, with Gungeon being a very, very close second.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Jbs-Dad

Spelunky is another people rave about that i haven't played, too many great games on switch already I can't keep up, I mainly play Indies over AAA's.

gcunit

@antster1983 I figure they might think that certain A-tier indies have such a strong reputation that they don't need spotlighting like that, so save the presentation for some B-tier stuff to get a bit of promotion.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GrailUK

@antster1983 I don't know, I love the fact that even after the Direct, we are still getting great announcements! I mean, I didn't know much about the indie games featured, everyone knows HLD. It doesn't need footage. Game will sell itself lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

idrawrobots

@antster1983 My guess is that they were trying to get stuff together for the presentation and some things took a little longer to iron out the details.

idrawrobots

CaPPa

I'm interested in Mark of the Ninja and Fantasy Strike.

CaPPa

Syndrome

@Blue551 Finally! Plz let it have a physical release too.....

Syndrome

Illusion

That direct went by way too fast and I "might" get the Messenger or Bad North but not too sure. When it ended I sat there for a minute waiting for another reveal but no. Then I tuned in to Tiny Build's direct and while the preshow was good, when it came down to it they previewed Garage and then that ended suddenly.
Guess I'll just have to wait for E3 to see all the big reveals. I hope.
Least I'll have DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, and Megaman Legacy coming in May. Just going to have to replay my Switch library till then. BoTW to Kirby, here we go!

Illusion

TheTetrisGuy

I was super underwhelmed, which surprised me since my expectations were rock bottom. The new games don’t look bad, but none of them blew me away. Still no King of Cards release date, I would have bet money on that being revealed here. Soon I hope...

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

ilikeike

I was at school when it aired so I just watched it now. Honestly, I was just a bit underwhelmed. Not that it was bad or anything--it's just that it didn't have any awesome surprises in it, like the last Nindie presentation did with Travis Strikes Again, Golf Story, and Super Meat Boy. I still enjoyed it though, and the fact that Nitrome is developing a game for a Nintendo console warms my heart!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.