Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 561 to 580 of 705

Quarth

@Magician I've heard goid things aboit DQ3 so that would be cool. The Trials of Mana remake is solid!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

DenDen

@Quarth whould you reccomend this one also if they have played the orginal ?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Quarth

@DenDen Do you mean DQ1 or Trials of Mana? Haven't played the original of either, though I have the latter in the Collection of Mana. But I think both games are pretty faithful to the originals.

I believe DQ1, besides the different graphics, only has some quality of life changes added. Otherwise it's the same game.

Trials of Mana has more changes added. Going from 2D to 3D is one. And I believe the battle system has been expanded and made more modern. But the story and dialogue should be the same.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Eel

The actual smartphone graphics are slightly better actually. The characters in the switch versions have this weird thing where they use thinner pixels than the backgrounds and look all weird.

On mobile they all look perfectly fine and uniform.

Monsters are also pixelated on mobile, which meshes better with the rest of the game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

Got back into DQ XI S tonight. I forget how good this game looks. I am actually still plugging away at the demo lol so far I am 13 hours into it. I just got the twins to join my party too. I just gotta quite getting distracted by other games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Looks like Xbox One and PS4 will be getting this version now at the end of the year.

My Backlog

Dezzy

Yes! Lol, I was really annoyed that you had to choose between either better graphics or better sound with the 2 versions of this, given that I care a lot about both.

So glad they came up with a definitive edition. I'm selling my current copy and buying that instead.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Peach64

So glad I held off any of the previous versions. Will be playing it this Christmas for sure.

Peach64

Tasuki

I am half tempted to pick it up again on Xbox but I usually play the Switch version docked anyway.

My Backlog

JoyBoy

@Dezzy @Peach64 Isn't it a port of the Switch version? So no better graphics?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Eel

The graphics on the switch version are scaled down, but that doesn't necessarily meant they permanently downgraded the capabilities of their development build.

It's most likely using performance options they can turn on and off.

Even within the switch version, you can see the game playing with the graphics whenever you take a picture using the in-game camera mode. The moment you take the picture, the graphics go fancy for a split second.

(You can test that by taking a picture with the in-game method and a normal screenshot afterwards, then comparing them in the album)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

Spanjard wrote:

@Dezzy @Peach64 Isn't it a port of the Switch version? So no better graphics?

The visual side of it is almost definitely going to be the same as the original PS4 version. You really think they'd deliberately use the inferior Switch graphics for this version, just cos it saves a tiny amount of time? That would be insane, and would really undermine the idea that it's the "Definitive Edition".

I mean some of those differences between the versions, like screen resolution for example, take literally 1 line of code to change. The PS4 version is obviously not gonna go with the 540p or whatever the Switch version was. It's gonna be 1080p.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Losermagnet

I was reading into it a bit and it sounds like the resolution and framerate will be comparable to the PS4 version, but that graphical downgrades from the switch version will be in the build. I don't know what those downgrades include, but my guess is things like draw distance or water effects will be retained from the Switch build.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Ralizah

@Dezzy You're confused. S-E has made it VERY clear that this is a port of the Switch version, and not the original release with extra content added in. That means the same simplified lighting, environmental geometry, etc. as the Switch version.

Untitled

Source: https://www.dq11.jp/s/pf/faq/en.html

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

Oh that’s interesting, I wonder if they’ll at least try to max up the graphics to the absolute best the switch could handle (as I mentioned, when you take a picture, the graphics get boosted).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ralizah

Here's a gif comparing a screenshot from the original release and a shot from the Xbox trailer.

This is largely the downgrade to expect across the game: worse textures, simpler lighting, simplified geometry, and less detailed/dense foliage. It's a noticeable difference, but hardly the end of the world.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

Kinda crazy how they went made the same game like four different times.

I'd buy the 3DS version on PC.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic