Forums

Topic: Civilization VI

Posts 321 to 340 of 409

edhe

I have been visiting the subreddit almost every day for months, hoping to see some good news regarding the expansions on the switch, and today is finally that day.
I was so close to selling my game card - especially with the PC version being on sale recently, but I'm glad I relented.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Lroy

Noticed that CIV VI updated for me on Switch yesterday. Wondered what it was about.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Heavyarms55

Any word on a release date for the Civ 6 DLC on Switch? When I Google it I just get the original release date for PC or the Switch date for the initial port.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Rich10

Nothing I've seen, I think they've (Aspyr) only committed to 'the end of this year' thus far.

I've stopped playing on the Switch and have gone back to the full PC game to reacquaint myself with the DLC mechanics.

Friend code: SW-2475-9405-1512

Mountain_Man

Looking forward to the DLC. I'm wondering if it's digital only, or if they'll print a new cart with the DLC included.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Heavyarms55

@Mountain_Man I honestly seriously doubt that. Unless in a couple years they release a "complete edition" or something. I'm sure it will be digital only for the foreseeable future.

JasmineDragon

Good news everyone! Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm confirmed for release on November 22nd, same day Civ VI releases on XBOne and PS4.

The full DLC pack is supposed to be $49 (same price on all platforms). I think the two expansions are also going to be available separately.

If anyone has been on the fence about the game, it is available in a lot of places at half its launch price. Which brings us to the very rare situation where a game that launched earlier on Switch is now half price, while PS4 and XBone users are paying full price. Just the opposite of what usually happens on the Switch.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to destroy Australia.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Heavyarms55

@JasmineDragon Thanks for sharing! I've been wondering when the DLC would drop! I've already put dozens of hours into the base game on Switch! Looking forward to playing the DLC too!

Wouldn't have even considered the game on PS4 or Xbone though. If I'm chained to a TV, I will play the PC version with its plethora of mod support.

toiletduck

I'll definitely pick this up eventually, but I'm going to wait for a significant pricedrop. I'll be busy with everything September and October have to offer until late February probably anyway...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Justifier

Yes! After gathering storm, I have been playing this on PC (about 110 hours on Switch), but now I can continue my conquests on handheld.

50€ is bit much, but there is nothing else releasing at the end of the year that would interest me (expect Pokemon, but that is already pre-ordered and payed).

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Ruthless4u

Been thinking about getting this but a couple questions

Do you need a stylus in handheld mode

From my understanding there currently is no hotseat option. I've seen iirc that its planned. Any idea when it will be added?

Ruthless4u

Heavyarms55

@Ruthless4u I don't know about the hotseat feature, but you do not need a stylus at all. Overall, I was very pleased with how they adapted the controls to console, it took me only a few minutes to feel comfortable with it.

Mordridakon

Just a reminder, the two expansions come out next Friday for switch ^-^ I can't wait!

Edited on by Mordridakon

Mordridakon

LawnChairMan

Loved the expansions on PC i have been thinking about whether or not i should buy again on switch. Base game on switch is great just after playing the expansions it's hard to go back to base game.

Now it's Reyn time

My Nintendo: Rice

Ruthless4u

Mordridakon wrote:

Just a reminder, the two expansions come out next Friday for switch ^-^ I can't wait!

I’m hoping they include the hot seat feature.

Any idea if the expansion price?

Ruthless4u

Mordridakon

@Ruthless4u $49.99 for both, I think they'll be including separately, don't know the prices for separate expansions.

Mordridakon

Ruthless4u

Mordridakon wrote:

@Ruthless4u $49.99 for both, I think they'll be including separately, don't know the prices for separate expansions.

Good thing it’s going on sale for 19 on Black Friday. I might have to hold off on the expansions but would be nice if you could get the hot seat without purchasing the expansions.

Ruthless4u

Ruthless4u

scubydo wrote:

Hot seat just dropped in an update for Civ!!!!

Is it part of a free update or need to purchase with DLC?

Not bought the game yet and was wondering

Ruthless4u

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic