Forums

Topic: Civilization VI

Posts 301 to 320 of 409

Heavyarms55

@Justifier Me too. Because when it happens, if ruins the game. I was so salty this morning, I often play while having my coffee before work, and I'd been playing every morning this week, so I was about 4 hours into a session as Rome, and it happened and ruined it everything! I came to work in a bad mood which is the opposite of while I play games in the morning...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Bankaj

Bought the game for Christmas. Have started the tutorial more then 3 times, but never had the patience to finish it. This evening again such a run... It really bothers me that it is so slow and not giving much freedom to explore the game yourself.

As a 100% newcomer to the game, I'm glad I read similar experiences on the forum. Will follow the advice of just starting a game and crash into failure to learn the hard way.

Hope this game meets my expectations, as I am huge fan of turn-based strategies and of table games.

Bankaj

toiletduck

@Bankaj there's not much difference between playing the tutorial or playing on super easy with all tips turned on. Enjoy and don't feel too overwhelmed by all the possibilities!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Mountain_Man

Bankaj wrote:

As a 100% newcomer to the game, I'm glad I read similar experiences on the forum. Will follow the advice of just starting a game and crash into failure to learn the hard way.

You're better off reading the manual rather than jumping in blindly and trying to figure it out. You can find a PDF through an internet search.

The Mountain Man

Bankaj

Thanks for the tips! Allow me to share one out of experience:

So yeah, this game got so much more packed than what I could possibly hope for. What a game! I did decide to dive in, only to be completely confused and not getting much help from the advisor either. So my golden tip is this tutorial playlist on Youtube, which covers most of elements of the game in a fun and exciting way, but definitely elaboritve and understandable.

All in all, I am really excited about discovering the many options of gameplay, can (already) not regret this purchase. Lets hope I can get into it quick and perhaps we can play online!

Here's the link, hope it helps more newcomers like me to get started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pczrASkYGSo&list=PLs3acGY...

Bankaj

toiletduck

@Bankaj yeah that's good one. I've shared it a few pages back 😉 glad you're enjoying the game! Reading your experiences makes me feel like starting a new game again.

toiletduck

Bankaj

@toiletduck Must have missed your post, can't hurt to double share

Can imagine that after a few games and having applied different tactics, starting a new game already feels pretty "time consuming" before even starting. Would the time investment still win over other games to be played though

Bankaj

klingki

I second the posters recommending to play along with a YouTube tutorial. I thought the in-game tutorial was just ok, but I still didn't really feel that confident. So I just jumped into a full game, following along with the YouTube tutorial (the same one linked above, in fact), and I really felt I was starting to get the hang of things. By the end of the tutorial, I even felt comfortable going off-script a bit and trying out my own ideas. I'm not sure that I will win this first game, but I definitely feel like I kinda know what I'm doing now, and I have some good ideas for the next game I start.

klingki

HeroponRiki

@Heavyarms55 There's currently a glitch that causes Apadana to not give 2 envoys upon completion like it's supposed to. This glitch actually was patched out of the PC version, so it seems like the Switch version in addition to lacking the expansions is also behind the other version in terms of bug fixes.

HeroponRiki

toiletduck

Ok I just got my ass kicked early game on Settler level, I feel a bit ashamed here. Let's see if I can survive my first 100 turns on my next try...

toiletduck

Bankaj

@toiletduck please do share the dirt.. What happened? (for academic purposes of course )

Bankaj

toiletduck

@Bankaj ok this'll be painful... I was so preoccupied with expanding my country and fighting Barbarian outposts, that my 'military' (just a few warriors, scouts and a slinger) were totally scattered over the continent. I was doing perfectly fine with my Polish neighbors and didn't notice they were preparing an assault on my capital by surrounding the city. I didn't even have ancient walls yet, so in three turns everything turned to sh*t.

In my defense: I hadn't played this since January and even in Dec/Jan I've only played a few games so I'm not good at all. But even though the start of the game gave me the most trouble back then too, this was very disappointing. I'm a bit further into my next try now, and so far it's going fairly well. So I may even be successful this time

toiletduck

Bankaj

@toiletduck you're brave for sharing, allow me to compliment by sharing my own as well!

Had a similair experience in my second try at the game. I almost closed friendship with France, so I did not even bother with the French army slowly surrounding me. Then I got the cutscene in which she declared war... Took me 7 turns to get most of my army back, but thanks to the low difficulty, France didnt manage to kill my archers in my capitol.

Army returned, repelled the invaders and I immediately sent my army, or what was left of it, to crush France (literally 1 warrior and 4 archers lmao). Took me quite some turns, but I must have had 5 peace offers at minimum. Did not give in as I was in full revenge mode, haha.

Eventually didnt finish that game due to other crucial mistakes in the early game. Now I'm still in my third (around 120 turns). Let's see how it will end.

Bankaj

toiletduck

@Bankaj well in my following try I wiped out France as soon as they blocked my entrance to some valuable resources

I still have some trouble with the difficulty curve I notice. Early game I can't really keep up with the score with my AI competitors, until I decide to wipe-out my nearest enemy. From that point onwards it becomes a piece of cake. If I don't go to war relatively early, I suffer from one or more of the following issues:
a) cities not developed enough - not enough specialty districts and cities remain small,
b) not enough focus on exploration - too late to claim necessary resources,
c) not enough army - no defense

toiletduck

Ruthless4u

Is there crossplay between the PC version( steam) and the switch?

Ruthless4u

Justifier

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Heavyarms55

@Galarian_Lassie Ohhhhh that's lovely news! I certainly would not mind getting back into this game!

(could they please fix the bug where you can get stuck in a war with your ally and unable to fight back though?)

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

The Aspyr rep on reddit let this slip months ago but so few believed him.

This is HYPE! Gathering Storm is some of the finest Civ mechanics to date according to many diehard fans.

Also, hotseat Multiplayer is apparently being patched in as well. Run that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Late

Awesome news! Just played this again last week with my sister.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic