Forums

Topic: Civilization VI

Posts 261 to 280 of 409

toiletduck

@Lroy I've played the tutorial as well and if I recall correctly I've finished it properly. First glitch occurred to me during normal gameplay though, so nothing during the tutorial. I recall waiting way to long with attacking my enemy. It turned out they were way weaker than I expected so I easily could've finished them of ~100-200 earlier.

Seeing how much time you've spent in the tutorial though, I would suggest you'd start a fresh game with 4 cultures on an easy setting with you adviser on. That basically plays like a proper tutorial, without the annoyance of not being able to save your game.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Lroy

@toiletduck Sounds like a plan. Cheers buddy.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

toiletduck

@Lroy Enjoy! It's a bit overwhelming at first, but once you're starting to get the hang of it it's an awesome game.

toiletduck

Lroy

@toiletduck Oh yes, i’m sure I’ll love it. Played many of the Civ games back in my childhood. Probably played V the least though. So wanted to brush up. But will do as you advised.

Late

The tutorial isn't great. I played the first 30 minutes and then noticed I couldn't save and had no idea how long it was so I just stopped and started a normal game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Lroy

@Late Not surprised. Who do you chaps recommend as a good leader to begin with? Plus, I presume it helps if one picks a victory type in advance and focusses on achieving that. E.g. Culture

Late

I'm someone who always picks random when it's an option. I haven't tried out all the leaders yet so I don't know which ones are beginner friendly. I've enjoyed all of the ones I've played as though.

I focused on culture and science in my first game. I didn't know what I was doing at first but it was fun to learn and I ended up winning with culture in the end. I usually have a backup plan so I can change my focus if things aren't going my way.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

toiletduck

@Lroy for a defensive strategy without too many expansion plans outside of your own continent, Teddy Roosevelt is a good option. He has a bonus when fighting on the home continent. Another option is China for their builder bonus, although I find their 'wall' bonus quite useless. It might be a good idea to read up on all leaders' bonuses and find one that suits you well.

Focusing on one way to achieve victory is often wise, but if another leader is going for the same type of victory it becomes a lot harder. This goes specifically for religious and culture, since their current score influences your target score (and vice versa) directly (culture: tourism) or indirectly (religion: harder to convert cities with a well established religion).

toiletduck

Lroy

@Late Yeah. I tend to just hit random in most games if there is an option to do so. In CIV VI so far, I’ve played as both the Tutorial Civs - Cleo (Egyptian) and Gilgamesh (erm, forgot who that is Sumerian?).

Just set-up a game and got the Greeks as my random Civ. They seem to get Culture buffs, so may make that my first route to victory depending on how things pan out.

Lroy

@toiletduck Yeah. Back in the day, in likes of CIV III. I can recall I use to start my first game as English (my home country) but soon came to realise that didn’t actually gel with my play-style. I often neglect my naval options and yes, realised that the Americans were more in-line with my own style as they tend to stick to their own continent.

Heavyarms55

@Mrtoad Ohhh that's good news indeed!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JasmineDragon

Very good news. Both expansions seem to add an amazing amount of stuff to the game.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JaxonH

@Mrtoad
Ya it’s fantastic news.

He went back and edited his comments to delete Switch being mentioned, but the cat is already out of the bag. There’s no mistaking this one. It’s not like he just had a slip of the tongue. He was actively having conversations with people in the comment section about the Switch version expansions. This one is a lock.

I don’t know why they don’t just announce it, but hey. At least we know it’s coming now

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Justifier

Good news. I have played about 100 hours on Switch, but now I continue with pc until Switch gets these expansions. They add so much stuff (and I am all the time confused if I play alone on Switch and with my friends on pc).

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Heavyarms55

@Justifier I have never been able to talk people into playing Civ with me. The games, even with the "online" speed, just take far too long. What's it like?

Justifier

@Heavyarms55
CivVI works really nicely with friends, because of the alliance system. And it is just fun (yesterday my friend was complaining because someone blow up his industrial zones all the time, but he didn't know it was me). In online you can save the game and continue later, we usually play 1-2 hours per session, one game takes 3-4 sessions to complete.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Heavyarms55

@Justifier How did you manage that? Normally you can see spies from your allies. (Which I think is silly, but nonetheless)

Justifier

@Heavyarms55
Yeah, it was before we make an alliance to topple Rome.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic