Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 561 to 580 of 733

shining_nexus

Anyone else enjoying post game? I believe I’m at the very end of the game, but I’ve been spending my time (90 hours) mastering all jobs to Legendary, loading up on pg, and maxing out to level 99. It’s ridiculous how powerful Freelancer is. I’ve been enjoying tinkering with the job system and breaking the game. There is a very fast way to grind if anyone wants to know.

Been loving this game a lot and may be one of the few games I will 100%.

Edit - Also, still been losing to certain optional boss fights even at max levels. That’s crazy.

Edited on by shining_nexus

shining_nexus

shining_nexus

Balta666 wrote:

komodo182 wrote:

@Balta666 the final asterisk is quite useful.

it has not been that usefull to me as with my current playtime (75h) I am not hitting that hard compared to body slam for instance

Bravebearer’s Equalizer skill has done wonders for me. I keep Seth with the job to essentially decrease the enemy brave points to1 and restore my parties brave points when his turn comes up. Rest of my party just goes ham with brave DPS and Freelancers mimic skill.

shining_nexus

Diddy64

shining_nexus wrote:

Anyone else enjoying post game? I believe I’m at the very end of the game, but I’ve been spending my time (90 hours) mastering all jobs to Legendary, loading up on pg, and maxing out to level 99. It’s ridiculous how powerful Freelancer is. I’ve been enjoying tinkering with the job system and breaking the game. There is a very fast way to grind if anyone wants to know.

Been loving this game a lot and may be one of the few games I will 100%.

Edit - Also, still been losing to certain optional boss fights even at max levels. That’s crazy.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game. I little tip which I noted after doing it against Edna. Each of the bosses has two or three status that can be inflicted 100 percent if you use the Phantom Passive ability. I hope to return to this game after I'm done with others, as I burned out due to playing it for several hours each day 😅

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

shining_nexus

@Diddy64 what debuffs can you inflict? I’m just about done with all quests and am about to complete my card collection. Going to finish up the final boss and new game plus to watch the secret ending.

I have very much enjoyed this throwback JRPG and hope the series continues and keeps on giving us those classic JRPG experiences. Kinda hoping Triangle Strategy uses the job system and maybe we’ll get a game that closely resembles Final Fantasy Tactics.

shining_nexus

Cynas

@shining_nexus Paralysis and Contagion are the two that I often used. Honestly Phantom + Salve Maker was way too broken, I wish they did a bit more to balance it. Being able to constantly inflict ailments against all enemies at once with 100% chance of success just breaks the game. There are a lot of ways they could have fixed this, like having enemies build up a resistance to afflictions over time, only allowing you to target one enemy, or make more bosses completely immune to most afflictions. It allowed me to cheese all of the final bosses, Sloan, and the job advancement trials while my characters were extremely under leveled.

I probably would have avoided using it, but I had other issues with the game so I didn't really feel like grinding at the time and I kinda just wanted to move on to the next game.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Diddy64

@shining_nexus Just like @Cynas mentioned those two are helpful against some of the challenges, although there are some who have immunity to one of those. I used sleep debuff against one (or two) who had such resistance which worked and remember using Confusion against some others. Since I haven't try to clear the last 2 (or 3) challenges, I don't know their ailments weaknesses but I noted that in most of challenges, many are weak against Contagion first, followed by Paralysis.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:

shining_nexus

@Cynas @Diddy64

Oh ok, I honestly thought most bosses were immune, or at least a very low success rate, to those kind of debuffs. With a 100% infliction rate all the time, it does break the game at low levels and seems kind of cheap. Did you guys play in Hard mode? Or would that have not mattered? Being able to inflict dread on some bosses would have helped immensely.

Personally, I like how the game lets you break it and I think is encouraged by design for learning how the job system works. I had a lot of fun coming up with different builds and it was rewarding to see how destructive my party can be.

shining_nexus

Diddy64

@shining_nexus To be honest I haven't played in hard mode, but that's due to my preference of playing without having too much difficulty. I sometimes have played games in normal difficulty, though it has a while since I tried that.

Undergoing games:

Cynas

@shining_nexus I played on Normal model, I'm assuming hard mode wouldn't be much different, enemies might recover from ailmemts quicker because they get their turns faster but you can just re-apply them right away anyway.

I also get enjoyment from finding really powerful combos in RPGs like this, I know Octopath had a lot of fun powerful combinations, but this one just feels a bit too cheap and easy being able to completely disable nearly every boss for the entire fight. I think there still could have been some fun ways to exploit afflictions if it was slightly more balanced. It wasn't my biggest issue with the game or anything, and overall I still had fun with the game, there were just a lot of minor issues that piled up bu the end of the game.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

shining_nexus

@Cynas true. I think crowd control or any other ailments that prevents actions should have been capped at 70% or like the one you suggested. Seems like something the devs may have overlooked, seeing as they’ve capped stat buffs but not ailment infliction rate.

If enemy turns do come a lot faster in Hard mode (or may just reduce time inflicted with ailment) then this strategy may not be as effective, depending on how fast the bosses are. I may try to test this on some bosses at some point. Still playing Kaze. It’s really good!

shining_nexus

VoidofLight

@Minskin You have to default to the maximum and focus all your attacks on her. It's not a bug or anything, so I don't get why it needs to be fixed. It's a literal DPS check to see if you understand how to Brave and Default.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

komodo182

@Minskin Is it the first boss battle that you are having trouble with? About an hour or so into the game? Or later on? What is your level and jobs? What difficulty is your settings?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

VoidofLight

@komodo182 I assume it's the first boss, given you don't fight them after.

komodo182

@VoidofLight I figured it was the first battle, not the legend battles later

komodo182

@Minskin body slam is your answer with freelancer. I didn't find the game unbalanced myself. If you are having trouble, leveling up is a good answer as well. There are some many ways to play this game once you unlock more asterisks.

shining_nexus

@Minskin this fight should not be that difficult because Sloan is in your party and will pretty much heal party members to full when their health is low.

You need to take Selene out first. Use the examine ability first to find her weakness. In this case, she is weak to fire spells, sword, and bows.

I recommend Elvis as black Mage and equipping him with a staff and other equipment that boost the magic attack stat. Adelle and Seth should have swords with attack boost gear. Wear shields for all your party members or have Adelle dual wield swords for extra damage. Default to 3 and unload damage and fire spells on her. Dag shouldn’t be a problem afterwards and Sloan can also do massive damage to help speed up the battle.

shining_nexus

VoidofLight

Dang, Square's adamant in putting all their "Switch exclusives" on things like steam.

Mgalens

@VoidofLight
i just wish that some of their mobile/steam legacy content would also make it to switch.

Mgalens

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic