Forums

Topic: Astérix & Obélix: Slap them all (out 25th of November 2021)

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

ophone

As a huge Astérix and foremost Obélix fan I'm impatiently anticipating this new beat'em up game.
It's published by the same company that published the new Smurfs game which seems to have its fans on this very board.
I asked a small shop owner to keep a copy for me I'll pick up the 25th or the day after.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Chris77

I'm hoping it will be good. Still think the master system games were the best asterix ones.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

ophone

@Chris77
I only played the first one. It's my favourite platformer on the machine.

ophone

As the release got postponed I bought the game yesterday.
So far I like it. It's an accurate representation of Goscinny's and Uderzo's work which should please Astérix fans.
Unfortunately there's also negative stuff to report:
1) Not having the possibility to change language and remap the buttons in the game itself.
2) In the narrative interludes only the narrator's voice is there. The texts of the characters are only available in written form.
3) In those interludes the developers could have used a bigger variation of still images, a stain in a game that has a pretty nice presentation otherwise.
4) With the physical version comes a 1GB patch.

ophone

Finished the game yesterday.
As magnificent it is in graphics, sounds and texts, it has some issues.
Apart from those I already listed, there's also a redundancy of enemies (What the heck are the Romans doing in a pyramid and the pirates in the maquis of Corsica?) and bosses are easier to beat than certain trash enemies like the gladiators, the big brigands and the tall decurions.

I gave the game 7/10 here on the site and on Metacritic.

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic