Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 3,493

CW13

@wasilewski First stage definitely key. Just cracked the top 100 on Metal Slug (#81). Practicing 2nd stage now. Trying not to die when I get that first item by the electric things. Then I'll do better.

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

CW13

ArtheXavier wrote:

OorWullie wrote:

@CW13 I might need to start selling my stuff the rate I'm buying games. I have over 100 already and I only bought my Switch early July. I've never owned this many games for any console. If the Switch is around for several years I dread to think how many games I'll have bought by the end of its life. The rate I'm going, it'll likely be well over 400 anyway. Crazy!

Edit, I keep forgetting to post in the other thread

It's crazy, right? Switch is a console that makes me actively want to play it. There is just something about the screen in handheld mode that continues to amaze me week after week.

I am going to crack a hundred games before the end of the year for sure.

Yeah, it's crazy for sure. Had my switch since launch. I play handheld or tabletop mode mostly. Just love that whole aspect.
I'm at 67 games and picking up some on sale this week (Lost Sphear, Enter the Gungeon). And my wishlist is ready to explode!

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

wasilewski

CW13 wrote:

@wasilewski First stage definitely key. Just cracked the top 100 on Metal Slug (#81). Practicing 2nd stage now. Trying not to die when I get that first item by the electric things. Then I'll do better.

If I die on the 1st stage I always reset because you loose all your rescued men and they are key to getting a high score.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

CW13

@wasilewski Same. Need em all!

CW13

Lroy

Benjoo wrote:

@Lroy I've been watching and looking at your neo geo game list and thought I'd give metal slug a chance. I have to say, given the age of these games there are really hard and fun to play. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Our pleasure, that's a big part of these weekly challenges. Giving these great arcade games a chance to shine again. I enjoy them more than most modern games but agree they can be rock hard in terms of high-score chasing. It also worth just playing through each game by credit feeding as it gives you a feel for the whole experience. Keep at it and do post your score in here to take part 👍

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

Any idea what makes the 5000 point teddy bear appear after blowing up the first helicopter?

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

GrailUK

@OorWullie Hey Mr Mustard. There's a new top score on Blazing Star! 2123650! I bloody knew I could do it...but I left about 100k on the table

On a related note, how do I post pictures from my Switch? Thank you

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

@GrailUK Superb score,well played. I'm going to copy the weekly challenge leaderboard under each closed one and keep these open for anyone who wants to challenge it. I'll add your score in when I do. Out of pure curiosity, what would have been your pick for the weekly challenge if you had won?

For posting pics, if you have a Twitter or Facebook, take a screen shot and in the gallery, post your pic to either one. Now you have 2 options. Either save the pic from where you've posted it and use an image hosting site like imgur. Or the best option is, on Twitter select 'copy link to Tweet' and just paste it here. Or if you use Facebook, copy the image's URL and place it between (img) (/img). Facebook are already hosting the image so no need to use another hosting site.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

masterLEON

@wasilewski Ugh, I feel so dumb for mashing the B button
Untitled
I'm trying to speed things up so I can beat the 2nd boss, and collect those wonderful points, but I'm having a hard time trying shave off time. Soon, though...

@OorWullie I try to shoot the crate from about 1/4-1/3 of the screen away. Like if you jump forward from the spot on the ground where the fish is on and start shooting. Of course, that doesn't work 100%, but I seem more likely to get the teddy. Now if I could figure out how to get this teddy to show up more often, then that would be sweet!
Untitled
Untitled

@GrailUK Insane, man! Phenomenal score!
If you have Twitter or Facebook you can post it through the Switch, then copy/paste the tweet/pic URL. Me personally, I'd create a separate account just to do that. Example, my Facebook is personal, but my Twitter is primarily gaming only under the masterLEON handle.

Anything's better than taking the microSD out and popping it into a computer, Lol!

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

CW13

@GrailUK What a monster score!! Insane!

CW13

GrailUK

Thanks all. Now I have that outta my system, I can look at Metal Slug now
Edit: Man...I suck at this game lol!

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

OorWullie

I've made a new open leaderboard under each of the closed weekly challenge leaderboards. I've added @GrailUK score into 1st place on Blazing Star and every one of these leaderboards will remain open to be challenged at any time. If you post a worthy score, let me know and I'll add it in

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

I wonder if it's possible to get the leaderboard thread pinned to the top along with the 'Multiplayer match organization thread'?The only time it gets seen on the first page is when I add the new challenge for the week but then it's gone by the end of the day. Having it pinned would perhaps encourage more folk to take part. Can you make that happen @Octane

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

monkeyspasm

@GrailUK - insane score, well done!

All of this is just brilliant

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

CW13

OorWullie wrote:

Any idea what makes the 5000 point teddy bear appear after blowing up the first helicopter?

I'm thinking it's killing less enemies. Cause when I go thru trying to speed and kill minimal soldiers it shows every time.

CW13

Octane

@OorWullie Is it an extension of this thread? If so, wouldn't it be easier to keep the first post in this thread updated?

Octane

OorWullie

@Octane This thread is where we've been discussing the game of the week, sharing our high scores, giving tips etc. The leaderboard one has just me posting in it,making it easy to follow. As well as the weekly challenge leaderboards which close when the challenge is over, there is now open leaderboards on each post that can be challenged at any time. I only add 1 new post each week so it drops from the first page pretty quick.

If I added them to the first post in this thread it will end up huge as I think this will be an ongoing thing for a good while yet. The leaderboard thread I think keeps things tidy and I give a mini commentary on the events for the week. Plus it has details of the current challenge in the last post.

A problem I see with it being pinned though is others posting in it,kind of defeating its purpose.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

wasilewski

@GrailUK amazing stuff, congrats to you!!

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic