Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 3,493

meppi64

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to make a dent in the leaderboard by learning how the scoring works in the hour we have left. Lol
Gonna do a bit more danmaku and try to unlock a new weapon and then play some Ghostbusters, Star Trek or AC/DC pinball I think.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Lroy

@OorWullie I think maybe just copy the current Leaderboards you have for each game so that there are two for each. One under the title weekly challenge (or wherever it is now) which is 'locked'.

Then directly under that have the ongoing community all-time Leaderboard for that game. They will look identical to begin but as we go back and post new personal bests and new people come onboard, the Global all-time Leaderboard will change. However, the weekly one will remain locked as testament to that specific moment in time. Make sense?

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

meppi64

Just cracked 40 million on Danmaku. Spirit mode, medium setting.
Nothing spectacular but it's a start.
Pretty sure it's a big mistake to leave trance mode on automatic since that way you can't maximise your gold intake with timing it yourself, but for now I'll stick with it a little till I get a better grasp on the boss attack patterns.
Really loving the B primary weapon I have to say. Even though it doesn't have the reach as the wide A shot, It's pure classic Dodonpachi.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

AgentLA

This was the hardest challenge yet in terms of moving up the leaderboard.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Lroy Forgot about that. It was because I was late in updating last week. Saturday to Friday is better anyway I think?

Competition is open for 25 1/2 more hours.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie You're the boss. I can roll with that 🍻

meppi64

@OorWullie sounds great to me!
Makes a bit more sense to end it on Fridaynight as well.
Gonna try and see if I can get anywhere near the top 100 if I can find some time tomorrow.

meppi64

AgentLA

@OorWullie

Woo-hoo!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

Finally past 1 Million & moved up to 35th...1,092,970.

Lroy

@Agent721 Bravo!

Lroy

@oorwullie Excuse the dumb question but how can I insert URL links into my forum sig. I want to also link to the Leaderboards like you have.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@Lroy

Thanks!

OorWullie

@Lroy Copy this but replace all the () with [ ]

(url=https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/the_official_nintendolife_arcade_leaderboards#reply-02/) The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards(/url)

The last part where it says 'The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards' is what will show for the link, you can edit that part to whatever you want it say.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Lroy

@OorWullie Thanks buddy πŸ‘

EDIT: Keeps saying my sig is over the 300 character limit. Oh well, never mind. I'll leave it for now.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@OorWullie

Thanks, good luck!

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

@Agent721 Great score, well played. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play again tonight, not happy with my own score.

Fridays are a bit hectic for me. Doubt I'll manage to play today. So despite the extension, I'll likely have to keep to the original Thursday deadline for these challenges until some of my work hrs change.

That said, if my eyes are still open once all the household are asleep - I might try and have one final run or two. Good luck to all and looking forward to the next game.

RetroGamerAndrew

I think there's something wrong with my left joycon stick... Basically what I'm doing is pulling it in a direction as I've always done, but the movement gets recorded more than one time. So for example I'm not able to dodge anything in games like Steredenn, Sky Force Reloaded and DU3 because a gentle pull translates to a big displacement.
Did it happen to anyone by chance? Now I think I'll have to get another joycon... And this sucks really bad

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

OorWullie

@RetroGamerAndrew It could just be some dust that's causing it. Try blowing in it, move the stick to one side and blow in it and do same for each direction. Or preferably use canned air if you have any. I've never had this issue with the Joy-con but I did with the Wii U Gamepad and after little blow it was back to normal.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic