Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 8,501 to 8,520 of 10,553

zupertramp

I hate Isabelle. That is all.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Gret8888

@BrittGOAL14
Did you mean to send Brutus the Pirate Ship Helm?
G

Name: Gretchen
Island Name: Fanta$y
Hemisphere: Northern

Switch Friend Code: SW-8381-9750-1521

BrittGOAL14

@Gret8888 I just went back to the list to check. 😂 Apparently... I’ve no clue how or why I sent that to you.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

How's everyone doing? Been a while since we've posted on this thread, lol. Hope you're all staying healthy. Doing pretty good myself...but too bad those balloon DIYs are so dang rare.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BrittGOAL14

@MarioLover92 Yeah, the sparse DIYs have been quite annoying. Got a yellow leaf pile yesterday... Seriously?

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@BrittGOAL14 Ah. Yeah, it's not often that I get DIYs that are brand new to me or you guys. Those balloons just don't wanna have new DIYs for us. By the way, did you get that DIY I sent you? I'll still keep an eye out for more whenever I play.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

MarioVillager92

@BrittGOAL14 No problem!

Anti-Matter

I'm still waiting for November update.
It still 9 days to go Thanksgiving day on 26 November 2020.
I wonder if we will really cooking the dish like Cooking Mama (cooking with steps by steps).

Anti-Matter

k8sMum

Finally reached 200,000 pts from the HHA.

BUT...(rant warning) the only mushroom DIY recipe I've gotten is the one from Isabelle! I've tried playing all different hours of the day and nite, but balloons are almost non-existant. The few I get have bells or furniture...no DIY. The residents just give the same old same old.

It's getting really frustrating, but I can't fix it and it's starting to affect my enjoyment of the game.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Xyphon22

@k8sMum I can just tell you what I've done that works. I don't know if it's a day/night thing or a side-of-the-island thing, but I do it at night. That's when the balloons come in from the left side, which happens to be where my pier is and the beach is much straighter with less obstacles. I stand on the pier (which is all the way on the bottom of my island) looking up, and when the time hits :00 or :05, I just go up the beach looking up for a balloon periodically, and if I don't see one going up, then do it again coming down the beach back to the pier. I find balloons most of the time, and I got two mushroom DIYs a day until I got them all. Did it again last night and got 2 maple leaf recipes in about 20 minutes. It's pretty boring, which is another reason I like doing it at night when I have more time and watch sports or other TV while doing it, but it gets the job done.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

MarioVillager92

So, Isabelle gave me a DIY for a red-leaf pile upon starting the game. That was cool of her.

I'm getting a new villager on my island too, her name is Pompom.

brendathecat

@k8sMum I know what you mean. I havent seen a single mushroom or maple leaf DIY . They will be gone soon too! Are there any people on the forum with duplicates to swap?

Looking for animal crossing buddies on switch FC is SW-7803-7785-1593

k8sMum

@Xyphon22

Actually, I've tried that. I'm just not getting balloons. I don't know if it's a glitch or what. The pine cone/acorn recipes were much more frequent and I had no problem with those. Plus a couple residents gave them out. The Halloween recipes were much more readily available, too.

It shouldn't be that hard to get seasonal DIY recipes.

Heavyarms55

The new update has me excited despite the fact that I am getting salty about this game. I barely found any fall DIYs and haven't gotten any mushroom DIYs yet! Why did I bother collecting nuts, shrooms, and maple leaves?! I know the DIYs are in the game and I play almost daily.

Still. The winter update should be nice. And I just had Aurora move to my village.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Cosmofantasmo

@Xyphon22

Your strategy with the balloons worked for me today, too. Thx for the advice. Got myself two maple leave diys.

Remarkable, that almost everybody is struggling with getting these mushroom diys. Had no problems at all with the previous series, but the mushroom ones are nowhere to be found. Hopefully, there is enough time to get them after completing the maple series.

FC: SW-3787-0301-2906
Profile name: cosmo
ACNH island: Kansai
Dreams: DA-3170-6137-9903

Xyphon22

@k8sMum @Cosmofantasmo Yeah, it's weird why some are more common than others. That's why I think it's more of which side of the island you prefer rather than the time of day. I think I can simply see the balloons and time when they reach land better when they come from the left than when they come from the right, and that happens to be at night. I try this during the day sometimes and never find nearly as many balloons, so sheer odds say that I won't find recipes, either. I don't know. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

k8sMum

@Heavyarms55

Well, as you've probably read right here, many of us seem to be having a dearth of much wanted DIYs. So the next update is going to help maintain my interest in the game.

If it's a glitch I hope they fix it. Fast.

foxyflimflam

I'm noticing a pattern here with the fall diys! I am not getting either sets at all! Finally got the tree's bounty arch today when I played this morning briefly....but it shouldn't be THIS tough to find the diys! Especially when I think back to Bunny Day and how much easier it was to get those diy items!!!!!! Its just irritating how inconsistent it all has been! Praying this new update fixes it! 🙏
@Xyphon22 I am going to try your technique and hope I get similar results since it sounds like our islands are set up the same with our piers!

Edited on by foxyflimflam

Switch FC ~ 4044-1861-3916
SN ~ * foxy *
Please identify who you are if you send me a friend request, or I will not accept!
Thanks! <3
ACNH Island ~ Lush Oasis
Dream Address ~ DA-7685-8135-7036

Cosmofantasmo

After updating the game today I had leaf on the town square and I thought for a moment maybe he has now new crops to sell, which we can grow for the harvest festival, but sadly that was not the case. Anyway, the new emotions are nice. Can’t decide which one is the best... maybe „sitting down“.

@Anti-Matter
I heard they patched time travel with this update so you can not visit the new festivities before they happen?!

FC: SW-3787-0301-2906
Profile name: cosmo
ACNH island: Kansai
Dreams: DA-3170-6137-9903

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic