Forums

Topic: After the last Directs, how do you feel about 2018?

Posts 1 to 20 of 32

ilikeike

We've had two Nintendo Directs so far this year, one Mini and one full-length. They announced an absolute ton of games coming to the Switch (and 3DS!) this year. Considering the contents of both Directs together, how do you feel about the 2018 lineup so far?

Personally, I'm very excited. There's just so many games I want to play this year. Here's just a few of the most impressive games featured in the last 2 directs:

Octopath Traveler
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
Mario Tennis Aces
Sushi Strikers
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Dark Souls Remastered
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
The World Ends With You Final Remix
Okami HD
Smash Bros. Switch
Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy
Undertale
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Mega Man 11
Indivisible
Dragon Quest 11
Shining Resonance: Refrain
(I know that the last few weren't actually in the last Directs, but since they're very exciting original 3rd-party releases I wanted to put them on the list anyway)

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

ieatdragonz

I am very excited! I do admit, the first half of the year is not too exciting, but I believe it is still better than the first half of last year. In hindsight its hard to separate the two halves, but when you do it shows just how many dry weeks there were for retail releases. I even made two calendar comparisons just for fun, because I was having trouble remembering game release dates!

First half of 2018 confirmed Switch retail release dates: https://imgur.com/I2hBRsU

All of 2017 Retail Switch Release dates: https://imgur.com/XtrzmJb

Decided to not put Eshop to retail releases, to me the physical is more of a choice than a brand new experience so I decided against it.

Can't wait for Kirby, South Park, Mario Aces, and Octopath Traveler personally!

Edited on by ieatdragonz

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Harmonie

A new Super Smash Bros is a very exciting prospect. Assuming it actually comes out this year. Lol.

Mario Tennis Aces looks like it might be fun, but I don't know about spending $60 on it. They've been so vague about the story mode. Right now it looks like a good title to purchase down the line when it's a "Selects" title.

I've been wanting to get Okami HD, and will now probably get it on the Switch, so I can experience Okami for the first time.

Other than that... 2018 is not exciting for me right now. But if Super Smash Bros 5 is exciting enough it could make up for it.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

19Robb92

I’m pretty excited. There are a lot Of games I might buy.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (Day 1 even though I would have preferred a more classic style NMH)
Mario Tennis Aces (Looked great, will probably pick up day one but I want more info about the story mode)
Dark Souls Remastered (Might pick up, depends on if the entire game is on the cartridge and how well optimized it is)
The World Ends With You Final Remix (Never played the original, might pick this up)
Smash Bros. (Day 1)
Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy (Day 1 even though I have it on PS4, depending on if all three games come on the cartridge)
Undertale (Day 1)
Hollow Knight (Day 1)

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Madelleste

I'm very excited for 2018 as well and I'm sure the E3 Direct will give us even more games to look forward to.
The best is yet to come.

Madelleste

Bolt_Strike

It's not as great as last year (but then again, I don't think anything will be anyway), but it's good enough. Smash alone is enough to turn this year around, but pair it with Pokemon and/or Metroid and you have a good followup to a strong 2017.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

RR529

Great. Kirby for me this month, South Park in April, and Hyrule Warriors in May.

Summer is when things really get packed though. Captain Toad, Code of Princess, Octopath Traveler, Okami HD, Shining Resonance, SNK Heroines, YS VIII. Will definitely have to make some tough choices.

Also really hope Smash comes this year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

StephenYap3

I'm pretty much with @Bolt_Strike on what he said. As for me, 2018 is looking to be good, though it's no 2017, obviously.

March has Kirby and Atelier Lydie & Suelle for me.
April is free, so during that month I'll be looking to address to my preorders (I'll get South Park at a later date)
May has Mega Man Legacy Collections, Hyrule Warriors, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary for me.
June has Mario Tennis Aces for me.

Unsure about others (I already have Crash on my PS4).

StephenYap3

HappyRusevDay

Smug, as not only did I predict they’d reveal smash via splatoon but I knew a big slew would come to make this a great year despite all the nay sayers who whined that the direct mini was too little.

HappyRusevDay

EvilLucario

I STILL don't have all the games I wanted from 2017, and 2018 has even more games. I want:

2017:

• Splatoon 2
  • Mario + Rabbids
  • Doom (port)

2018:

• Bayonetta 1/2 (haven't had the money)
  • Hollow Knight (indie)
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • Ys VIII (port)
  • Crash N.Sane Trilogy (port)
  • Smash Bros
  • Xenoblade 2 DLC (already bought)

TBA:

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokemon
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Monolith's new action RPG

Yeah, really great. And rip my wallet.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Green-

I’m very content. Several good games on the horizon.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

GrailUK

Mario Tennis looks lovely and technical. Third party support is clearly on the up. Tons of games on my wish list. Ye...Switch is amazing

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Varking

I'm still in the middle. I get upset that there continues to be a trend of great looking online RPGs on the Switch that won't make their way west. You have the Monster Hunter XX, Phantasy Star Online 2 with Link, and Dragon Quest X. But while I'm down on those I am amazed and blown away with some of the game announcements during this direct.

Single player Splatoon 2 story mode sounds fantastic. And it's only 20 dollars? Sold! Plus, their upcoming update adds hundreds of items for free.

Mario Tennis Aces surprised me as somebody whose never cared for tennis or the games. I am super hyped about this game now.

Super Smash Bros? Never played one but everyone I know raves about them so I am looking forward to it.

With Fortnite getting a mobile release I know we will see one as well. I know we will get Pokemon info later in the year. I think Nintendo is winning the console war for a second straight year.

Varking

Switch Friend Code: SW-2170-3160-1269 | My Nintendo: varking | Nintendo Network ID: Varking

rallydefault

The summer's gonna be crazy. I'm REALLY looking forward to Octopath Traveler, and I'm also excited for Aces. I'll definitely get Crash Bandicoot and Mega Man, and I've never played Okami so... yea lol

I still haven't finished Xenoblade, and I don't think I'll ever finish Skyrim. Oh, and Yooka-Laylee; I'm on the last world in that one, but just haven't had the time.

rallydefault

CrazyOtto

I feel Nintendo now has E3 in the bag.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

IceClimbers

I'm excited. Quite a few games I want over the next few months.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LuckyLand

I am very happy for many games (expecially Tropical freeze, Hyrule warriors, Crash Bandicoot, Street fighter collection and Captain Toad) and ABSOLUTELY EXCITED for Smash Bros.
That said, I also feel A LOT the need of other things than just games.
Since I am already satisfied enough with the Switch library for now (of course I expect much more in the future but for now I am really pleased), right now I am more interested in those:
1) Virtual console
2) saved states management (I prefer local backup but at least cloud will be better than nothing. Not enough for me but better than nothing)
3) Multimedia player (again, not streaming: local, offline multimedia player)

I already knew this direct would have been focused only on games and I knew that only one game would have been enough to make me exvited despite the lack of those other things, that game is Smash Bros so I've appreciated this direct a lot. Crash Bandicoot and Captain Toad are the icing on the cake.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

KirbyTheVampire

Not that excited for this year. Pretty much all I'm interested in is Smash and Undertale, the latter of which I'll probably just get on PC, since the Switch version is all but guaranteed to be more expensive.

KirbyTheVampire

KryptoniteKrunch

So many great games this year. I think I'll wind up buying most of the games sooner or later.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Eddyson

Smash and Dark Souls Day 1
Cap Toad and Okami ASAP
And then there is DLC and Amiibo.
that's 60 times 4 for the games and times 20 for the DLC and Amiibo.

280 bucks this year for games? that's a lot, considering I would also want Fire emblem/ Pokemon/ Bayonetta on day 1.

Edited on by Eddyson

Eddyson

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.