Forums

Topic: After the last Directs, how do you feel about 2018?

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

Anti-Matter

Well, let's see....
2018 is year of "Earth Dog"
Nintendo company is "Ox" zodiac (1889)
So, Nintendo might be struggling on some aspects during this year, but to anticipate, better Nintendo focusing on game that emphasis on Fashion / Designing / Cute games. Overall, 2018 is quite good year for Nintendo, based on Chinese Zodiac prophecy.

Anti-Matter

DBPirate

I'm enjoying the steady stream of great games Nintendo's releasing this year so far. Smash makes this year a win no matter what in my opinion.

Just announce Animal Crossing and I don't need anything else on this system!

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

PainterPaw

Waaaayyy too many re-releases and ports.
I find this year very boring and uninteresting so far, I love seeing weird and unexpected things like arms or mario in a realistic city, I'm not asking for games the size of SMO or BOTW, I just want to see more nintendo weirdness. Labo has that, but it's more of a toy then a game. Hopefully e3 is good.

PainterPaw

Agriculture

PainterPaw wrote:

Waaaayyy too many re-releases and ports.
I find this year very boring and uninteresting so far, I love seeing weird and unexpected things like arms or mario in a realistic city, I'm not asking for games the size of SMO or BOTW, I just want to see more nintendo weirdness. Labo has that, but it's more of a toy then a game. Hopefully e3 is good.

Nintendo is probably trying to become more mainstream. Other than the Wii, they've been quite niche ever since the N64. The PS1 was were you played all big releases of role playing games, fighting games, racing games and other popular genres. The N64 had it's niche of 3D action adventure like SM64 and Zelda.

Anyhow, now that Nintendo is in the race for most popular console, they probably do want to port and re-release all that "bulk" people play. If they pull it off, the next time a triple A game in a popular genre gets releases, it might be released the same time on Switch. The next Far Cry, Elder Scrolls, etc.

Agriculture

kkslider5552000

Outside of Labo's existence (I would've predicted a previous example of casual gaming instead), this is fairly close to what I would've expected. Anyone who legit expected Switch to repeat its 2017 schedule is out of their minds. The only reason that even happened was partially tanking their own late Wii U lineup, especially as they had 3DS to work on, as putting all their eggs in the Switch basket could've backfired spectacularly.

If anything, I thought it wouldn't be as good as it is. Like the crazy level of indie support is just the norm right now, but I'm so used to even successful Nintendo systems having difficulty getting major 3rd party games that have been on any other modern day system, so the fact that all the rumored games are not only coming, but are coming fairly soon, is pretty impressive. It's abundantly clear that the power difference is far more inconsequential when compared to the Wii vs. the Ps3/360.

Also, I'm glad they found a way to still support 3DS to some extent. Y'know, since that's something I actually currently have. I always hated the idea of immediately abandoning systems as soon as the next one is out (see: every Nintendo console after SNES).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

Release date timings felt odd like leaving a 2 month gap with only Labo in between Kirby and the May Wii U ports (Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition). Maybe April is DLC month for non-Labo stuff and Nintendo's saving announcements for later.

Overall, still excited for Switch 2018 but more excited on the "more content for 2017 games" front.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

I'm just feeling buried. So many games I want to play and not enough time.

link3710

Bezbot

This year has been slow so far, but good games are starting to roll in. This year I bought Skylanders Imaginators, Resident Evil Collection, Binding of Isaac, Crazy Climber, Goragoa, and Scribblenauts Showdown. Also I currently pre-ordered Kirby Star Allies and have downloaded Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion. Here's what else I'm interested in (all day one buys unless otherwise stated).

April:
Labo Variety Kit
Labo Robot Kit

May:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Dark Souls Remastered (still thinking about this, but I have never tried it so I might pick it up)

June:
Mario Tennis Aces

July:
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Later this year:
Smash
Yoshi
Metroid Prime 4 (if it comes out this year)
Pokemon (never been a fan of the series, but willing to give it another chance on Switch)

Also I know this is a Switch forum but because there was still 3DS in the last direct I'll also say I'll pick up Warioware Gold. Plus I'll try to grab a NES Classic Edition over the summer.

So in total, it's a good year. The games don't excite me as much as the games last year (besides Smash) but last year was probably my favorite year ever for gaming.

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

Haru17

I'm buying Tennis, Smash, and maybe one of the ports + some indies. It's not exciting since Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, (and Animal Crossing?) etc still have literally no info out on them, including dates. If Smash is just a port, Aces will be the only fully new Switch game I'll get in 2018. I think the only newly developed title I'm interested in being the one I'm least excited for is a pretty good reason to be less hyped on Nintendo's year.

Of course that changes if Metroid comes out this year. Who knows, but it probably won't live up to the originals since it's being developed by some nobody studio inside Namco.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

skywake

@BezBot Adding to your list.

February:
Bayonetta 1 & 2

March:
Kirby Star Allies

April:
South Park the Fractured But Whole
Labo Variety Kit
Labo Robot Kit

May:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Dark Souls Remastered

June:
Mario Tennis Aces

July:
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Octopath Traveller

"Summer"
Okami HD
Splatoon Octo Expansion

2018:
Smash
The World Ends with You: Final Remix
Wolfenstein II
Yoshi

TBA:
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Pokemon

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

darkfenrir

This year will have 5 games I want to grab already, more than the 2 of last year! So I'm excited:

Spring: Hollow Knight
July: Octopath Traveler
Summer: Okami / Shining Resonance Refrain
2018: TWEWY

So many good games to play ) I need to finish up my PC backlog soon.

darkfenrir

JasmineDragon

Smash Bros. day one
Ys
Atelier
Octopath Traveler
Dark Souls
Fire Emblem? I'm betting that will be a Q4 release
Splatoon 2 DLC
DKC:TF
Yoshi
Okami
Code of Princess
Valkyrie Chronicle
Shim Megami Tensei (hopefully)

And I just bought Bayonetta, and only started Skyrim a month ago. Even if nothing else is added to the release schedule all year, I don't think I have time to play all these games. To say nothing of the money involved.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.