Forums

Topic: 100% Full NS (0% Storage Space Remaining)

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

CTmatic

Question. Is there any truth to your Switch running slower if you’ve used up all your storage space (SD card and System memory storage)? Or is it just a myth?

I’m not there yet, and don’t want to be. I have a big 128GB SD card, but even with that after having 4 (large size) digital games on top of my 23 physical game collection I’m getting close to filling my entire SD card. That leaves me with 20 sum GB’s remaining still on my Switch memory if/when I fill the SD card. I feel like I’ll want to uninstall some games to leave a “buffer” of space since I have cloud save/Switch Online.

Thanks!

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

Magician

Myth, storage is just storage.

The speed classification of your sd card has an impact on load times, but that's it.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

CTmatic

I thank you sir. 🙇 @Magician

CTmatic

One more thing. Can you explain what Archiving software does? Does it delete the software? Not sure what the purpose or benefit of it is if it deletes your games to free up the space. Thanks. @Magician

Eel

Archived software is deleted to free up space from your storage, but it remains in the home menu with your other games so you can just select it to download it again anytime.

Think of it like an empty game box in your shelf.

Otherwise, fully deleted software must be redownloaded via the eshop and doesn’t show up among your games in the home menu.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CTmatic

Thank you. @Eel

SwitchForce

With prices on 400gb going low you should get this and transfer your data to this larger capacity to give yourself more options.

SwitchForce

CTmatic

I thought about it, but I actually don’t really need it at all cause I just started using the “Archive Software” feature. There’s a lotta games I won’t touch again for a long time, and just having to reinstall them and pick others to archive is no problem for me at all. I dodged a bullet thanks to the Archive feature. @SwitchForce

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.