Forums

Topic: Nintendo investor meeting 2018

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

BongoBongo123

Does anyone know what time the investor meeting is today? It's currently 7am in Japan on the day of the event, so I'm guessing it'll be soon. Can you watch it live?

Remember this event has previously led to the unveiling of Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Zelda: Link between worlds.

Are you expecting any announcements?

BongoBongo123

ThanosReXXX

@BongoBongo123 No, you cannot watch it live, it is a closed meeting of the board of management at Nintendo, and their main investors. There will however be a press conference afterwards, and that is where the news, if there is any, always comes from, but you'll never get the complete story from these.

If you're really interested, you can download the reports from all these kinds of meetings here:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html
This latest meeting will also be added for downloading/viewing some time soon, so you'll be able to read all that has been discussed.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@BongoBongo123
Eh ?!
A Meeting today ?
Well, i hope the result of meeting will be good.

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@BongoBongo123 Well, in general in the first half of the day, so before noon, or before lunch. But depending on the topics, or rather: the amount and/or intricacies of those topics, the total duration of these meetings can vary.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for something spectacular though; these are just meetings to discuss the annual wins and losses, and the profit balance. And sometimes they divulge future plans to keep the investors and shareholders happy, but that will happen sooner if there's a need to worry, in which case the shareholders will need to be appeased by showing that things may be not all too great now, but with all the things coming in the future and the strategy involved, positive news will be on the horizon again.

But, seeing as the Switch is doing so well, there will be very little need to appease or comfort the shareholders, so it'll probably just be a meeting to discuss the profits and what it means for them and for Nintendo in both the short and long term, and then some collateral stuff.

But... it's still Nintendo we're talking about here, so maybe they'll drop a snippet of news in the press conference right after the meeting.

Just go to that website I linked to around 3 or 4 pm, and the entire report should be uploaded. And if there REALLY is something worthwhile coming out of that meeting, then you can be sure that there will be an article about it right here on Nintendo Life, so just keep tabs on both these sources and you'll be up to speed with it all.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

gcunit

I predict a release month for Smash, as its a key title and already been announced, will be at E3 etc.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

OorWullie

I predict we'll get some more info on the online service. It will definitely be discussed at this meeting as investors will no doubt have some concerns about it.Nintendo will need to allay those concerns by sharing some as yet unknown details about the service and why they're confident they can get the majority of Switch owners on board.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

ThanosReXXX

@OorWullie Good point, forgot all about that one.

Richardus

yes. you cannot watch it live. Watching the results

https://topgolfgears.com/top-10-irons-above-500.html

kurjeg

Does someone know when will be Nintendo investor Meeting 2021?

kurjeg

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic