Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 1,779

Octane

Wii U is sad now..

Octane

Octane

@YellowFighter ''Don't buy our home consoles; you can get all the games on handheld too!'' For two consoles that are both supposedly replaced next year; one's getting a lot more support..

Octane

dtjive

Meh. I wouldn't be surprised if those last two games are just going to get BotW treatment by being both on the NX and 3DS.

dtjive

Haru17

"Please don't care about anything until the NX."

I dunno, all the new 3DS games looked great (visually). Nothing had much soul, though.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DefHalan

Splatoon 3DS, 2D Splatformer (see what I did?) where you touch the screen to shoot ink... ok, I would so buy this actually. lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Desrever

When they showed the Galaxy N3DS, And then the Mario N3DS, I was really anticipating a Mario Galaxy 3DS reveal. Reggie... such a tease.

Patience is a virtue best served cold.

DefHalan

Desrever wrote:

When they showed the Galaxy N3DS, And then the Mario N3DS, I was really anticipating a Mario Galaxy 3DS reveal. Reggie... such a tease.

Why does Nintendo play with our emotions!!!

dtjive

I don't think there's anything there that suggests the hybrid wouldn't be real:

1. Most of what was covered has been speculated/already known
2. Involves a number of Wii U ports that are cheaper than developing new titles
3. They have to support something over Christmas/early 2017 and the 3DS is much cheaper to develop for.
4. The two releases of 2017 could easily also have an NX version. And one of them anyway is basically a rehash of old 3DS games with a few new modes slapped in (Mario Golf/Tennis)

dtjive

Grumblevolcano

So now we're up to 3 of the big Wii U games having 3DS ports (Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World). I could see these other big Wii U games announced in the future for 3DS:

• Splatoon
  • DKC Tropical Freeze
  • 3D World with Treasure Tracker included

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Undead_terror

The only thing I cared about was the Legends DLC...when Mario Maker was announced it looked like it would of been great, but the online features not being great and no mystery mushrooms (wonder if the giant mushrooms are still in)...I will stick with the Wii U version. And now they announced more Zelda amiibo, Breathe of the wild is having way too much amiibo use and it's just making mii back away...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

DefHalan

@Undead_terror I love the fact Wind Waker is getting multiple amiibo. Amiibo usage in BotW is optional, so don't let that get in your way. it isn't like they will pressure you into buying amiibo, like modern Micro-transactions in other games lol

Grumblevolcano

Wasn't announced in the Direct but the original Pikmin game is also VC for Wii U now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

dtjive wrote:

I don't think there's anything there that suggests the hybrid wouldn't be real:

1. Most of what was covered has been speculated/already known
2. Involves a number of Wii U ports that are cheaper than developing new titles
3. They have to support something over Christmas/early 2017 and the 3DS is much cheaper to develop for.
4. The two releases of 2017 could easily also have an NX version. And one of them anyway is basically a rehash of old 3DS games with a few new modes slapped in (Mario Golf/Tennis)

5. Even if they aren't ported it's entirely possible that NX, as rumoured, has 3DS BC

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DefHalan

@Grumblevolcano I was just on the Nintendo Game Store website and didn't see it... Maybe it just isn't in the US? I am guessing it is the Wii version that is on the eShop? That is so cool, wish I could get it lol

Grumblevolcano

@Meowpheel The Wii version.

@DefHalan Maybe EU only, don't forget that NA still doesn't have Spirit Tracks for example.

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan

@Grumblevolcano darn you EU, getting all the games I want... what do we get? Whatever, not like I have money right now to buy it lol. Gotta save up for Skyward Sword, BOMB BOWLING FTW

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.