Forums

Topic: Error Code 2813-2470 (You cannot use this credit card) Nintendo Switch eShop in UK

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

Rambler

@dmcc0
You're not thinking of the butterfly effect...

(But yeah, I wasnt aware of the location of the eShop, and I'm not aware of any changes in CC processing due to EU laws, apart from the one I linked to above, which was incorporated into law before Brexit, but came into effect this year)

Rambler

lingokedi

I am in europe. Same trouble I got in 4 days. Nintendo doesnt accept my credit card. I bought more than 100 games so far with that card. In my country we can't use PayPal either. I am desperate. Is there a fix?

lingokedi

Sparrow5579

@lingokedi The only "fix" any of us have found is by purchasing eshop cards from somewhere else. for instance somewhere like eneba.com, amazon or a local game store

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

Sparrow5579

Just an update on this issue, I been having it for a while and today I decided to try using my card again because I wanted to get Scott pilgrim and it's only £3 that I didn't want to get a eshop card as I would have to get £15 minimum. Well to my surprise my card is working again and fine. So maybe the solution (as much as it's annoying) is time!

WoomyNNYes

@Sparrow5579 Thanks for the update.👌 So, about how many days or weeks passed between when you discovered the credit card problem and the problem seemed to be cleared/resolved?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Sparrow5579

@woomyNNYes no problem. it would be at least over a month to be honest that I left it before it seemed to work again. I had gave up and decided to use eshop cards until today.

dcvasa

The same problem here... . Tried yesterday to buy a game with the same Revolut card, and Error Code: 9001-2470 appears. Change card, call Bank, but the problem is not there. Hope my kid will wait 30 days . Last game bought from eShop - some Sponge Bob - in 1st of July (11 days ago)... So annoying!!!

dcvasa

WoomyNNYes

@dcvasa If you don't want to wait for the error to clear, you can still make digital purchases using Nintendo eshop card (redeem codes), but obviously, you may have a few pounds/dollars left over since cards are only sold as ₤15, ₤25, ₤50, etc. (I'm in the US, though. So, we have: $5, $10, $20, $50 eshop cards)

Amazon, and other retailers that sell games have eshop cards. Online stores will give you the redeem code after you buy it. Eshop on your switch has a section for plugging in redeem codes.
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-eShop-Gift-Card-Digital/dp/B0...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

dcvasa

@WoomyNNYes, thanks. Well, I tried but it's a bit complicate... Here, in Romania we can't activate eshop cards unless you use a VPN and change country, and other things... Some problems with Amazon too... No cards in Euros ... Forgot to use VPN and Amazon saw that I'm in Europe...
So I decide I'll wait ... Or I'll go to a shop and buy a game on Nintendo card

dcvasa

guardianoftime

just an update regarding this topic; I'm using the US store and had same issue; so had a chat with the support who told me it is forbidden to open an account that is not my country

All fear the man who has nothing to loose

Switch Friend Code: SW-8568-3458-9191

vu28ptr

Removed - trolling/baiting

vu28ptr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic