Forums

Topic: Error Code 2813-2470 (You cannot use this credit card) Nintendo Switch eShop in UK

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

ROBLOGNICK

I just went to buy some games in the eShop sale and when I went to purchase one (Panzer Dragoon, £2.24) I got this error. It’s my saved MasterCard debit card I’ve always used with the eShop and last used it in April 2022 to buy a game. So I deleted the card and now I can’t re-add it because I keep getting this error. I tried another card and got the same error. Another MasterCard but this time a credit card. So I can’t pay for anything on the eShop right now. Anyone else experienced this?

I’ve emailed Nintendo’s customer service.

I’ll try linking my PayPal in a couple of days if I can’t get this resolved. But seems really strange and very annoying.

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

QwegieII

Did you purchase a few games before of low value before, if a lot of small trnsaction when through in close succession the bank might have automatically blocked the card, assuming its stolen.

Edited on by QwegieII

I once commanded the great chicken army, i am retired now though.
Knowledge is power, and power corrupts; so study hard and be evil.

ROBLOGNICK

The bank have told me they can’t even see any attempted transactions. Plus it happens to all my cards whether credit or debit so I don’t think it’s a bank issue. It could be a MasterCard issue or this authorisation thing I’ve read about…

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

ROBLOGNICK

Getting the exact same error in the web version of the shop. Different error code (9001-2470) but with same message.

Seen a few message online talking about foreign cards being blocked. So perhaps there’s an issue with UK cards being used on their European servers?

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@ROBLOGNICK When people post in here about credit cards not working on Switch eshop, it's usually been a UK/EU region thing, and the eshop system seems to block country to country purchases. If nintendo explains it to you, please share. I'd like to hear their explaination.

In the past, I've seen Pay Pal as a solution, but I don't think it's solves all scenarios.

*Up until last summer, Nintendo support UK's phone number wasn't easy to find, but it could be found at the bottom of the email form for Nintendo UK Support contact page. So, if you get to the email form, scroll to the bottom, see if there's a number.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

ROBLOGNICK

Nintendo responded and said:

“The error code you're receiving often occurs when a payment fails and becomes "trapped" in the system.

In most cases this issue will become resolved when the payment expires from the system. This typically takes 30 days from the most recent payment attempt.

In the meanwhile we recommend that you delete any credit card details currently saved in the system and ensure that your Switch consoles is running on the latest software.

As a temporary solution we suggest you attempt to make the payment using PayPal (on a full Adult Nintendo Account) or pre-paid funds cards (on a Supervised Child Nintendo Account).”

Which doesn’t make sense because I’ve tried other cards that I definitely haven’t used before which aren’t working. Typical customer service rubbish.

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@ROBLOGNICK I've heard of 30 day period for an eshop/credit card issue to clear, or get resolved. Regarding other cards not working, perhaps Nintnedo's security is a bit overly pro-active trying to block illegal activity, which explains the stupid 30 day block. If PayPal doesn't work, and prepaid eshop cards don't work, you might be stuck waiting for the 30 day period to expunge whatever needs to be expunged - based on a few scenarios I've seen discussed here in the forum. If PayPal doesn't work, I might be tempted to try a smaller eshop card amount, rather than commiting to a 50 pound card.

Yeah, making sure the Switch OS is on the most recent update is step 1 for a lot of things.

Thanks for sharing what Nintendo said, by the way.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Sparrow5579

I have this same issue and have for a good while, I tried 3/4 different cards including my wife's and we tried parents and nothing worked. I spoke to Nintendo and my card companies and both said they could see no issue on their systems and just told me to speak to one or the other 🤣 I gave up and I just use eshop voucher cards now to save the hastle which works fine. Plus as a positive you can get deals on eshop cards so probably save money in long run!

We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty.

Kermit1doesmath

Odd very odd, I have never seen a card error not stop

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

WoomyNNYes

@Kermit1 The isssue with cards not working, as described by the OP, seems to mainly be an issue for EU. So, being in the US/Canda, we typically don't seem to run into this issue.(knock on wood)

@Sparrow5579 I'm assuming you saw that using PayPal for eshop may be a solution. To set up PayPal for eshop, I believe you have to log into your Nintendo account on Nintendo's website.

Nintendo support's directions for Error Code: 2813-2470:
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Rambler

Horses for courses of course, but I've always used vouchers, rather than a card

Rambler

Sparrow5579

@WoomyNNYes not to get political but the person I spoke to at Nintendo and the bank said it could be due to the Nintendo eshop for UK being connected to the EU originally and because of Brexit and banks having to rearrange things with other countries this could of effected things. I don't know how true that is but you never know these days 😂
Funnily enough I tried PayPal and had similar issues 😂
@Rambler best way I think for now, at least for UK users.

WoomyNNYes

@Sparrow5579 Ohhhhhh, Brexit. Ohh yeahh. Yeah, especially if Brexit is an evolving issue, making it harder for Nintendo to keep up with changes.

So, you tried PayPal for your current issue, and it didn't work? Or was that a while ago, like last year, or further back?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Sparrow5579

@WoomyNNYes wouldn't be surprised. PayPal for my current issue and I got exactly the same error, this was a few months a go, admittedly I haven't tried recently but that's cause I just use vouchers now 🙂

dmcc0

@Sparrow5579 I seriously doubt it's anything to do with Brexit given we left over 2 years ago - surely everyone would be affected if that was the case? More likely the website hasn't kept up to date with some changes to card security or similar.

dmcc0

Rambler

@dmcc0
Trade rules relating to Brexit are being implemented in tranches - hence all the stuff about NI, food safety, etc.
So, it could well be due to this.
However, it's more probably due to the new CC checks that have been implemented this year, which I've mentioned before

Rambler

Sparrow5579

@dmcc0 who knows what's going on to be honest 😂 I don't think Nintendo know, banks know or we know 😂 just one of those things as @Rambler said it's probably to do with CC checks 🙂

dmcc0

@Rambler Technically the EU trade rules were all signed off as part of the withdrawal agreement and it was all done and dusted - it's just the UK Gov now doesn't seem like what they negotiated (and signed up to) so are frantically backpedalling on various things - but I don't really want to get into politics so I'll just leave it at that 😀

In any case, entering UK credit card details on a UK-based ecommerce site wouldn't be affected what's going on in NI or with food standards.

dmcc0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic