Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,969

theblackdragon

i know i'm probably in the minority, but is anyone else getting a little tired of Daniel Bryan? I'm sorry, i do think it's great he's getting this massive push and all, he's worked damn hard and deserves every bit of his impending success, but i'm so sick of his neurotic, insecure 'character' where he turns every possible comment or compliment into a slight or insult against him and then just starts chanting 'YES' as if that ends all arguments. i know it's gotta be the writers' fault, wouldn't be the first time a wrestler i thoroughly enjoy has been given a craptastic storyline or strange behaviors for whatever reason, but he's so front-and-center it's really starting to turn me off of RAW. guess it's time for another break...
but i'll at least wait until Orton becomes the champion after Summerslam's main event tomorrow, should be worth a laugh at least

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

theblackdragon wrote:

i know i'm probably in the minority, but is anyone else getting a little tired of Daniel Bryan? I'm sorry, i do think it's great he's getting this massive push and all, he's worked damn hard and deserves every bit of his impending success, but i'm so sick of his neurotic, insecure 'character' where he turns every possible comment or compliment into a slight or insult against him and then just starts chanting 'YES' as if that ends all arguments. i know it's gotta be the writers' fault, wouldn't be the first time a wrestler i thoroughly enjoy has been given a craptastic storyline or strange behaviors for whatever reason, but he's so front-and-center it's really starting to turn me off of RAW. guess it's time for another break...
but i'll at least wait until Orton becomes the champion after Summerslam's main event tomorrow, should be worth a laugh at least

I wouldn't say its the writers fault im sure Vince wants the casual fans to hate him.Yea i find it a lil annoying also but the "entertainment" part isn't really Bryans strong point its his wrestling that I'm a fan off not his promos.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

the_shpydar

Yep, I totally called it — Daniel Bryan wins, only to immediately drop the title to Orton. Granted, it was a pretty obvious booking direction.

If they were doing the cash-in, I would have preferred Cena retaining the title and then having Randy take it from him. But that wouldn't work for an Orton heel-turn, b/c if Cena had beat Bryan, Orton would have been cheered like crazy after pinning Cena. Having Randy pin Bryan (and tossing in a HHH heel-turn for good measure), guarantees that he gets instant heat.

As much as I dislike the decision (just because it trivializes Bryan's first WWE title win), i'm looking forward to Randy being a heel again. Maybe his matches will finally stop being boring.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

ill put all of you in a sleeper hold

Untitled

and ill cut your hair

Untitled

all while switching different color outfits at the same time...thats how it all happens

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ELI-ASH

I totally saw it coming when the main event ended with 20 min left on the PPV. Still despite the finish Bryan did pin Cena clean, that was pretty sweet. I heard from Meltzer that Cena is getting surgery on his elbow soon so 1 of the reasons they did this finish.I think is so cena can step away for a bit while Bryan & Orton feud.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Splat

Anytime someone gets red hot Punk,Bryan ect HHH has to get some of that spot light...

Edited on by Splat

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

theblackdragon

ELI-ASH wrote:

... but the "entertainment" part isn't really Bryans strong point its his wrestling that I'm a fan off not his promos.

unfortunately with WWE, you can't get one without sitting through half an hour of the other, lol.

so anyway, I have one word for you all... 'Yescalade'.
because that seriously made my night, lol — haven't laughed that hard since before Shawn Michaels left

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

the_shpydar

theblackdragon wrote:

ELI-ASH wrote:

... but the "entertainment" part isn't really Bryans strong point its his wrestling that I'm a fan off not his promos.

unfortunately with WWE, you can't get one without sitting through half an hour of the other, lol.

so anyway, I have one word for you all... 'Yescalade'.
because that seriously made my night, lol — haven't laughed that hard since before Shawn Michaels left

LOL. Agreed. It was such a horribly stupid, yet awesomely hilarious, pun.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

WWE 2K14 trailer. AJ! My body is ready... Believe in the Shield!

Tasuki

I am thinking I might pick up WWE 2K14 this Tuesday. Anyone else going to be picking it up?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MoogleMuffins

Tasuki wrote:

I am thinking I might pick up WWE 2K14 this Tuesday. Anyone else going to be picking it up?

I was actually.

Playing as the Shield and Paul Heyman is just too tempting to resist.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Tasuki

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I was actually.

Playing as the Shield and Paul Heyman is just too tempting to resist.

Yeah and the the whole story mode sounds freakin sweet too 30 years of WWE. Totally can't wait for this one.

My Backlog

MoogleMuffins

I agree, so many good matches to play.

You planning on watching Hell in a Cell Tasuki?

I'm currently watching it live now.

]

ELI-ASH

So they found yet another way to delay bryans reign. I heard a rumor they are gonna drag this till mania. >.< w/e there planning im wondering how much longer before the casual fans stop caring.

MoogleMuffins

ELI-ASH wrote:

So they found yet another way to delay bryans reign. I heard a rumor they are gonna drag this till mania. >.< w/e there planning im wondering how much longer before the casual fans stop caring.

No way will it be dragged until Mania, most likely I can see Daniel Bryan having a match with Triple H at Survivor Series, then he'll bounce around a bit with other feuds before most likely winning the Royal Rumble.

]

Splat

Cena and Orton both champs again... sigh

Tasuki

And that right there is one of the reasons I don't really watch wrestling anymore.

My Backlog

Splat

WWE2K14 is getting solid reviews for the most part. The only bad review that I have seen was from GameSpot and they don't count IMO haha. I pre-ordered the game awhile ago can't wait!

Edited on by Splat

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic