Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,969

the_shpydar

For the record, none of the 4 have signed with WWE ... yet. Nakamura (probably one of my favorite current wrestlers right now) is still under contract through the end of this month, and Anderson and Gallows still have time left on their deals as well. AJ is still a free agent at the moment.

But it's more than likely that they'll be showing up in WWE or NXT before long, with the registration of the "Balor Club" trademark by WWE being the biggest indicator.

I just hope they don't waste Nakamura; the dude is effing amazing. But Vince doesn't exactly have a good track record with treating Japanese wrestlers with any sort of respect.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ELI-ASH

@the_shpydar: I think Nakamura could be the first Japanese wrestler to break that mold. Not only is he great in the ring but he oozes in charisma also heard from some people that met him on ROH events that his English is really good.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

jump

I've just finished reading Bret Hart's book, it's really good and offers insight into how WWE/Vince works although Bret is a bit too emo where talks about wanting to be a horse and gallop away from things and things like that. I'm also surprised about how candid it really is where he talks about cheating on his wife.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Megas75

Sooo....did anyone watch the Rumble yesterday?
Thought it was a ton better than the last two, though I'm still not sure how I feel about the winner

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

jump

Yeah, it was booked well, I wished it had a few legends pop up in it though but will all the surpised like Trips and AJ known I'm suppose if was just spoilt.

Ric Flair ruined the Divas match by having to make it about him, it's a shame after the flop revoultion they had finally gotten people to give a p00p only to have ruin it. Well at least Banks is back.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

PrincessSugoi

Being a HHH and Sasha mark and heavily anticipating Styles' debut, I was more than satisfied with the rumble. However, it felt like there was a couple of big missed opportunities. For one, Becky is proving to be a great face for the Diva's division while Sasha could easily be the top heel. I like Charlotte but I'd rather Becky had won and Sasha took her place as the other end of the feud.

And as entertaining as Hunter is as champion, that final showdown between him and Ambrose felt like another missed opportunity. The crowd was freaking electric for that. Could just imagine how wild they would have been if Dean dropped the IC title to KO earlier and then won the rumble but... Roman. It's all about Roman. Seriously, I really don't mind Roman but the constant attempts at squeezing blood from a potato is just aggravating at this point.

Edited on by PrincessSugoi

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

jump

The thing I don't get with Roman is why do they keep pushing him when there's been so many other guys who've gotten a push, the fans do not respond to them so they then get dropped. What makes Roman so different?

He's got the Goldberg look and intensity but as with Goldberg he's not got the promo skills for WWE to be in the spotlight constantly and there's better choices who have the look and promo (plus wrestling skills but as long as they are at the least capable like Cena it doesn't matter that much), I just don't get why it must be him.

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

@arronishere: My theory is because he tried to do it the people's way and it's screwed him. They way Vince plans things out is from Wrestlemania backwards, for the whole year, storylines, rivals etc. He gave people Daniel Bryan when and what happens injured. Seth Rollins injuried. So how he can say ok we did it your way now let's do it my way.

Also Vince is known to want the big muscle-bound guys for champions he's just old school like that. And given the fact his reputation with Roman's family and how many champions they have bred over the years, Yokozuna, the Wild Samoans (which is Roman's dad and uncle) Umaga, Rikishi, and of course The Rock it's easy to see why he favors Roman.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

Is it wrong I enjoy Total Divas more than Raw at the moment?

Nicolai wrote:

kkslider5552000

I feel confident to say at this point that Raw is dead. Like, it'll be on for a long time now, but for the most part it's turned into like...the Simpsons or somethings. A show that exists for no good reason.

I guess I wouldn't go so far since it has A REASON to exist still and there's good and fresh talent. But it does have this feeling of intense meaninglessness. I mean, it's better than it was 2 months ago, I'm not saying it's god awful. And Dean Ambrose had an awesome promo that's not getting nearly enough attention. But it just doesn't matter. Maybe that'll change by the next PPV.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

^Angryness doesn't catch the feeling I was going for, catttiness would of worked instead.

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

bezerker99

I don't watching wrestling anymore so I'm never going to be part of this ongoing conversation of what happened on RAW or the latest PPV.

I do know that Charles Wright, aka The Godfather, is being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year and wanted to share that info.

Edited on by bezerker99

jump

Dammit, I fell for Ambrose winning the belt despite knowing there's no chance he would at Roadblock!

Nicolai wrote:

jump

Bayley lost?
Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Tasuki

@arronishere: I can't help but feel that due to that Bayley is going to pop in during the Divas match at WM tonight. Possibly uniting the Four Horsewoman since 3 of the four are in the Divas match.

Also I really enjoyed the Zayn and Nakamura match. Definitely a match of the year contender.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

jump

'mania was just strange, pretty much evey match had odd booking. Ryder is the IC champ despite not having any kind of presence in the last year is the weirdest one of all.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic