Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,295

CRB1984

@Zuljaras — hey you’re comment number 666! Nice!

Switch Name: CRB1984
FC: SW-5658-8476-2295

jowy_sw

I'm still going through Xenoblade 3. Chapter 5 and 70 hours at the moment. Somehow managed to avoid spoilers. After this game I'll probably start LiveALive and then take a bit of a break of RPGS (even though I have like 3 more RPGs ready to play) and finishing some indies in my backlog.

Xenoblade 3 surprised me, at the start it felt somehow less eventful than Xenoblade 1 and even 2 but at chapter 5 I'm 100% invested in the setting and characters.

Edited on by jowy_sw

jowy_sw

WoomyNNYes

Mostly Rocket League this weekend. I got back to diamond rank 3v3 solo queueing, and it's been fun.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

Crimson Shroud - Definitely an interesting game that was part of the Level-5 Guild releases earlier in the 3DS's life cycle. It plays a lot like a single player tabletop RPG where some outcomes, mostly related to battle, are decided by rolling dice. There is little true animation since a lot of the action is presented via dioramas, static minifigs representing the characters, and text.

Definitely a unique way to play a RPG. I'm not sure how I feel about the game yet; it has some great ideas, but I don't think they always pay off well in execution. The lore is interesting, and the characters increase in strength through gear and not by leveling up.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

Just started Pokemon Snap for the very first time!
Untitled
I've only played for half an hour but I'm already having a great time so far. I've somehow managed to avoid spoilers for a lot of what happens despite the game being older than me and it's been wonderful seeing some of the surprises they pull (those screaming Magnemite caught me incredibly off guard the first time through the tunnel. Also the fact that Haunter only appears in the photos at the end is utterly brilliant). I've only done the Beach and Tunnel as of now but I can't wait to keep going again at some point!

Also, given the nature of the game, here's my favourite photos that I've taken so far:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(love this one)
Untitled
And my personal favourite:
Untitled
(@Kermit1 also wanted me to let them know when I was playing through Snap so here you go!)

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza I'll start playing once I get my Switch situation figured out (Don't worry it will be soon)

dysgraphia awareness human

StarPoint

Among a few other games, I am currently playing Stray on PC. I am a huge fan of cats. I have two of my own and I just absolutely love them. So naturally, I knew I was going to like this game. I'm about 2 hours in, and while I wouldn't call it a masterpiece or anything, it's still a really fun game. It's super atmospheric, with beautiful graphics and amazing music. I'm not a huge fan of the platforming, though. I understand why they went the way we did to curb annoyances that players may have had, but to me, it just feels a bit restrictive. I've also run into a few performance issues. Mostly, entering new areas will make the FPS spike like crazy for like 5 seconds. It's pretty annoying but isn't super game-breaking.

Overall I'm enjoying my time with the game and look forward to playing more. It's a super impressive debut title for the developers, and I'm interested to see what they'll work on next.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

@StarPoint I always loved how each of the team members who had cats brought them into the studio in order to fully capture the movement and mannerisms. It's both incredibly thorough and a brilliant attention to detail....while also being absolutely hilarious since I like to imagine it basically went something like this:
Untitled
Definitely interested in Stray myself (even if I'm more of a dog person than a cat person myself. Still love those little guys though), I'll probably get it if I ever get around to picking up a PC.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Magician

Currently hopscotching between No Man's Sky, Trails from Zero, Potion Permit, Warframe, Radiant Silvergun, Super Pixel Racers, and The Letter. I'm all over place.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

StarPoint

@Fizza There’s a YouTube channel called ThatGuyGlen that does little documentaries on the development of certain games. Stray was the most recent one. It’s a really interesting video, I actually watched it before I even bought the game

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

WaffleBoat

The legend of Zelda majoras mask and ocarina of time. It’s my first time playing these particular games and I don’t see why everyone says there janky. I think they are really good and have aged pretty well.
My only real complaints are that the text is too slow and you can’t play songs automatically. But other than that I’d say they are amazing!

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza I started playing Pokemon Snap and I'm in LOVE with it.

I'm in the volcano area now and GAHZGAH the moltres egg and then when trying to take a photo of Charmeleon I hit him with an apple and he turned into Charizard!!! Just WOW!!!

dysgraphia awareness human

Rambler

Inside. It's.... okay?

The atmosphere is great and the puzzles are good, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Rambler

MarioVillager92

Been playing Wario Land 3 on the 3DS Virtual Console, after finishing 2. It's surprisingly non-linear, and it kind of reminds me of Metroid in that regard. A few parts were kind of frustrating, like one of the boss fights and that golf minigame, but other than that I think it's pretty good.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

Race With Ryan PS4
Surprisingly, this game is as good as Mario Kart games in term of control mapping, almost exactly same as Mario Kart from using drifting by holding R2, using item by pressing L2 and accelerate by press X button.

Anti-Matter

Luigi05

Trying to finish my first genocide run in undertale where I'm trying to beat sans. I found undyne hard enough, how the hell do people beat sans?!

Your first anything is important; a memory you don't want to forget. That's what makes nostalgia such a fascinating concept. That's why many people enjoy games that have aged well.

RR529

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile in Phantasy Reverie (Steam) - Just started this up today & have most recently completed level 3-2 (the one with the plant boss).

Big Kirby vibes in terms of tone & aesthetic. With how strong a following the pink puff has, hopefully this remaster will give Klonoa another chance to break out. Simple graphically, but it has a strong aesthetic and I don't think I've ever seen a 2.5 platformer make such good use of the fact that it exists in a 3D world (maybe the modern DKC games come close in this regard).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

Live A Live (Switch) - Just started this a few days ago. A turn-based JRPG divided into different chapters, this relies on positioning along with a move bar. Sort of reminiscent of the ATB system in the Final Fantasy series. The game is divided into seven starting chapters that can be tackled in any order; one doesn't need to be completed before moving onto another. I'm currently in the middle of the Prehistory chapter and have already completed The Wild West and Near Future chapters.

Crimson Shroud (3DS) - Just made it to chapter 4 earlier; going by the HowLongToBeat page, I think I'm close to the end. This game is...unique. Weapons entirely control your stats and combat prowess to an extent, and melding (and grinding) is apparently key to move forward. I expected dice rolls to be more akin to D&D, but that isn't quite the case. The plot is intriguing, so that's what's keeping me going right now.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

StarPoint

I’m playing Crosscode on my PC right now, and so far, I think this is one of the coolest games I’ve played in quite a while. I just beat the first dungeon and I was really, really impressed. The puzzles are very intuitive and require a good amount of brain usage, but without feeling absolutely impossible. They strike a nice difficulty balance, at least so far.

I really like the combat and skill tree as well. Both feel very open-ended, and even though there’s really only two ways to fight, you can choose to focus on one or the other through the skill tree. This game also solves a ton of issues I have with older JRPGs, the main one being the combat. Some older games have combat that feels interrupting and invasive to overworld traversal, so I really like how this game handles that issue.

The music and graphics are super nice as well. Nothing incredibly mind blowing but it all works perfectly together.

So yeah, I’m very impressed with the game so far, and the fact that it manages to merge Zelda with JRPGs and ARPGs. I’m really enjoying it and I hope it keeps its momentum throughout its runtime.

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic