Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,303

kkslider5552000

Yeah I wanna support Klonoa more than most things but I haven't bought it yet partially because there's no good reason why a basic remake that looks like it does shouldn't run perfectly on a Switch.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Wargoose

Now that I've got access to online leaderboards on the Wii again., I've been playing Ghost Squad and Sin and Punishment 2.

Wargoose

kkslider5552000

Started playing Splatoon 3, which does in fact make it the first 2022 game I've played I'm pretty sure. Not played enough to have much of an opinion but 1. What I heard about disconnects already seems true, I hope I just had bad luck and/or its resolved soon and 2. It feels like the story mode so far mostly added Pikmin throwing and combined BOTW malice with feeding lumas in Mario Galaxy. (since these are all Nintendo games, I wonder if its deliberate)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

Back to Yokai Watch 1 3DS.

Anti-Matter

Xyphon22

I have two games I'm playing on GamePass and hoping to finish before they leave.

First is Octopath Traveler. I've finished the first chapter of every character. Pretty fun game so far. I like the characters and their stories, they are all pretty interesting and I like the different dynamics of all of them really make you have to choose the right party based on the enemies you are facing. It seems like it might be a real grind, though. I've gone through all eight Chapter 1s, and my first character still isn't up to the recommended level for his Chapter 2. I thought I'd try it anyway and got completely destroyed in the first battle. If I have to grind this much for levels for every character before every chapter, I might not want to stick it out. Do you have to grind that much in this game?

The second game is the first Danganronpa. I just finished up the first trial. It's a bit different than I was expecting. I heard it was like a mix of 999 and Ace Attorney. I guess for the story it is, but in gameplay practice it's really just a darker Ace Attorney, with even less gameplay (unless more stuff happens in later chapters). There was really no gameplay until you get to the trial, just walking and talking. Also the trial was remarkably easy and obvious. I will assume it was just like a tutorial trial and they will get more difficult, at least I hope so. I'm going to stick both games out for now (as long as they stay on GamePass) as I'm enjoying them so far. They just both seem a little light on diversity and gameplay so far.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Jhena

@Xyphon22

Octopath Traveler is grindy. The first two chapters are actually pretty tame compared to some of the others if I remember correctly. Someone mentioned it would be wise to decide early on a party to minimise the grind. I do not know if it works though.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Xyphon22

@Jhena Well everyone has their own storyline, so it doesn't seem like you can ignore anyone and have to level them all up. But I decided to look it up and a lot of people online say that equipment is more important than levels in this game. I also saw about Sub-Job shrines which I didn't know about. So that's a couple of different ways I can get stronger, and I can probably grind levels while doing it.

Xyphon22

Jhena

@Xyphon22

As far as I understood the person leveled only four people and only did their storylines first. When they were done the person did the rest of the storylines. There is propably still a lot of grinding but thanks to the four high leveled people the grinding is a lot easier and faster for the other four.

When I played the game I did it the normal way. First chapter one with every character, then chapter two and so on. There were some optional dungeons in the game I did not even try because I thought they might be too hard. Maybe there is good equipment in them. It is propably wise to use a guide for this game. For example for stuff like the subjob shrines you mentioned.

Jhena

themaskedjackal

Luigi's Mansion, Majora's Mask and Animal Crossing New Leaf on 3DS.

themaskedjackal

blindsquirrel

Majora’s Mask on 3ds. I recently modded mine, so I am trying out the restoration mod. So far so good.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Aozz101x

I've just started playing Yakuza 0. it's alright, it hasn't clicked me yet compare to Judgement. but maybe it will after playing more of it.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

RR529

Star Ocean: the Divine Force (PS5) - Never played anything in the series before, but I'm finding fun so far. Really enjoy zipping around the environments with "D.U.M.A." (that round drone) & how surprisingly cheesy the whole thing is.

Pac-Man World Re-Pac (Steam) - I've only completed the first world so far, but it seems fun.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

StarPoint

@blindsquarel ooh, I had no idea about that restoration mod! I might need to try out the game via Citra. Being able to play the game at 30fps is tempting but it wasn't enough for me to play the 3DS version over the N64 version. This might be the catalyst for that, though!

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

blindsquirrel

@StarPoint
It’s really good so far, I beat woodfall temple last night. Keep in mind that I haven’t played the original version, but the changes are Definitely better than the base 3ds version.

Link to the mod: https://restoration.zora.re/

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Aozz101x

@Eagly i'll definitely play more tonight. (as i'll be busy all day today.) thanks for encouragement! it definitely sounds like the game will get better once you play more.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

StarPoint

@blindsquarel Thanks for that. Once I get through my current games I will definitely check that out

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Anti-Matter

Doraemon: Story of Seasons PS4.
Playing this game was like relive my teenhood back when I played Harvest Moon Back to Nature on PS1.
The features on Doraemon Story of Seasons was really similar as Harvest Moon Back to Nature, from the isometric angle, the mining process, the using 30 days system, the festivals, etc.

Anti-Matter

Xyphon22

Finished the second trial in Danganronpa. While the first one was stupidly easy, I think this second one was just stupid. The answer just randomly came out of nowhere with no evidence whatsoever, while someone else nearly got us all killed just for fun? And his excuse for how he would have gotten us out of it made no sense and never would have worked. So basically we just completely lucked into that one. Maybe one of these cases will take actual skill. At least the story is good, which I guess is the main point of the game.

Xyphon22

Jhena

Today I started Neo The World Ends With You for the PlayStation 4. So far it is really good. The battles are a lot more fun in this entry and Rindo and Fret are cool friends.

@Anti-Matter
Back To Nature might be my favourite Harvest Moon. Glad to hear you like Doraemon. The game has such a harmonious atmosphere. Now I am waiting for a physical edition of Friends Of The Great Kingdom. Seems to be even better.

Jhena

StarPoint

I'm starting up my end-of-the-year gaming tradition with Metroid Prime. Playing the game via Primehack with an HD texture pack and it controls and looks incredible. This may be my new standard way of playing the game.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic