Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,295

Fizza

GREGSON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Holy hell that's one explosive opening (And the last case had bombs for crying out loud!).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Yokai Watch 2: Bony Spirits 3DS
Hunting for other Yokai I haven't befriend yet.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

.....is that BB Hood from Darkstalkers?

Tyranexx

Ys I progress: I admit I stumbled around for a bit trying to progress before learning I need to go back to find Luta Gemma. Turns out he had another magical artifact to help me advance. I found the rest of the battle/flame set in this tower. The demon head twin boss in the last mirror maze was interesting, and then...on to the final boss? Dark Fact was an interesting fight and took me a couple of tries once I remembered that the monsters REALLY don't like silver armor. I obtained the final Book of Ys from his cape, read it, and...beat the game?! Odd ending, one that I felt like could've had a better resolution...until I was kicked directly into Ys II. It was pretty late by then, so I decided to leave things at that for now.

So next time...onto Ys II: Final!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

@Tyranexx Ys I & II hold up to a surprisingly good extent, given their age, although Darm Tower can bite me.

Working your way through the series?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Solaine

After finishing Cross Code quite satisfied i will now move on to 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim with great expectations

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Tyranexx

@Ralizah I agree, both on how the twin games hold up and regarding Darm Tower. XD I feel like Falcom got a bit lazy with the last 3-4 floors.

I loved Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana enough that I've decided to gradually play the rest of the series...minus Kefin since it isn't officially localized (Might watch a YT playthrough of that; I'm told it's fairly short). I'm trying to mostly adhere to the story path over on Digital Emelas from here on out, though I'll unfortunately have to skip Memories of Celceta until 1. I get a better PC, 2. I finally cave and buy a PS4, or 3. It comes to the Switch. 1 being the most likely unless 3 is a surprise announcement in the next few months.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

iLikeUrAttitude

Currently playing:

Sunbreak - Great expansion so far loving the QoL updates and combat improvements.
Difficulty isn't that much of a step up so far but I'm still early in so it'll hopefully get harder.

SMT 4 - I played this a few years ago but I lost all my save data on it turning me off from playing the game. It was only recently the mood the play the game came to me randomly and I been playing it now for the past few days. It won't be long now til I surpass my old save.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Ralizah

@Tyranexx Celceta should run on basically anything released in the last decade or so. What sort of computer are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

I've not played Ys Origin yet, but The Oath in Felghana is a TON of fun. A truly gigantic improvement over the remasters of the first two games. It reminds me of something like Super Metroid in the way that it packs a really satisfying adventure into a relatively brief playtime.

It still seems weird to me that Ys IV takes place chronologically before the third game.

Edited on by Ralizah

BruceCM

Hmm, Ys Memories of Celcetta certainly should run on almost anything, @Tyranexx .... If you want to tell us what the problem with it is, we'll see if we can help?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction PS3
I have reached chapter 3 at Wyoming.

It was very very unusual for me to play games that never have interest before nor even care but suddenly from my curiosity lead to play this game.
I personally don't have much interest with Ben 10 franchises, I have ever watched the series on Cartoon Network but only the earlier seasons. I played this game not because I like the franchise, but i saw a decent potential from the gameplay aspect, something that decent enough to play and stepping a little bit from my comfort zone.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Fizza

HOLY **** KAZUMA IS AN ABSOLUTE SAVAGE.
Untitled
(also OH MY GOD THEIR THEME IS BEAUTIFUL)

Ralizah

@Fizza I've held my tongue until now, but Kazuma's prosecutor theme is my favorite one in the series.

It combines motifs from Kazuma's default theme as well as The Professor's theme. I love how it takes the gentle, heroic music that was associated with him until this point and makes it sound simultaneously sad and very, very angry. Great reflection of what's actually going on with the character psychologically.

The game actually saves a chunk of its best tracks for the last couple of cases, so you'll be hearing a lot of really fantastic themes before the end of the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

StarPoint

On the topic of Ace Attorney, I just picked up the Ace Attorney Trilogy on Steam, and it has been excellent so far. I have never played any game in the series before and I heard this one was a good starting point, so I decided to give it a shot. The characters so far are super interesting, the way you look for clues and evidence is really fun, and the way you interact with characters is super engaging.

Right now, I'm only on the case involving Redd White, but I'm almost finished with that one. It has been a ton of fun slowly making people crack over time. If the game keeps this momentum or gets even better, I think I will be in for a super fun time.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

@StarPoint
Untitled
Glad you're enjoying it so far! I remember going into it with the most basic of expectations (I only knew it as ha ha funny objection game) and being almost immediately blindsided with the twists and turns it took. I won't spoil anything because that's the fun of AA (not knowing where the story's going), but all I'll say is that the last two cases are some of the best in the entire series (with the last case being my personal all time favourite)

Ralizah

@StarPoint AA1 gets way better in the final two cases, and it's far from the best game in the series.

And yeah, you'll ideally want to play the games in order. They form a large, connected universe with returning characters, story threads that reappear in later games, etc.

Do you own a 3DS? The second trilogy is still available digitally on that platform, and they go for relative peanuts in sales. Although hopefully a second HD trilogy collection is in the cards from Capcom soon.

Edited on by Ralizah

StarPoint

@Ralizah I do not own a 3DS, just a Switch and PC. I just got the first Trilogy on Steam. I’ll probably wait for Capcom to make a 2nd HD trilogy if that ever happens. Once I beat this trilogy, though, should I just move on to TGAA Chronicles?

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Ralizah

@StarPoint Might as well. It's a spinoff that's almost completely disconnected from the main series. You don't need to know anything about the second trilogy to fully appreciate TGAA duology.

The first trilogy sold nicely, so I'd be surprised if the other games were never ported.

Edited on by Ralizah

StarPoint

@Ralizah Alright, thanks!

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Fizza

@StarPoint Trust me, once you're done with the original trilogy: you're gonna want to meet the absolute legend that is Herlock Sholmes.
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic