Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,108

Sisilly_G

Kate Bush - Cloudbusting
I've recently bought her remastered box sets and I love this masterpiece. Joyful, optimistic, yet wistful and melancholic.

Black - You're A Big Girl Now
Terribly underrated.

Çingiz Mustafayev - Ninne
Some may know him from Eurovision 2019. This is a cover of a classic Azerbaijani song which translates to "Lull, My Love".

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Ryu_Niiyama

Arashi’s One Love:Reborn. Looks like I’m sticking with the original. Sounds like the song was beaten within an inch of its life with autotune and they decided to put In English lyrics that were less impactful than the original Japanese it replaced. I don’t mind when artists revisit earlier work but it’s a roll of the dice.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

WoomyNNYes

@Silly_G OH my god, that Kate Bush video is so anime and from the eighties. It's awesome. And Donald Sutherland? Wild.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JoeDiddley

I’m having to put on Beastie Boys videos on to keep my kids entertained whilst I get jobs done around the house.

I probably won’t win any parenting awards for this!

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

WoomyNNYes

@kkslider5552000 Every time I hear songs by Gargbage, I get flashbacks of clothing store jobs from back then. I like the songs, it's just amazing how much those store music loops burn into memory.

@JoeDiddley Ha, did you play the "fight for your right to party" Beastie Boys video? haha

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Vinny

My favorite and probably the odd one from Deftones 2003 self titled album. This album is known for being one of their "hardest" while this song is very dream-like.
I'd say from this album in particular, other than this, I enjoyed Minerva and Deathblow.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

klingki

@Vinny Nice, love me some Deftones! This album is probably one of my least favorites though, but even an ok Deftones album is still better than a lot of stuff out there. I jammed Bloody Cape from this album a ton!

Have you heard any of Chino's side projects like Team Sleep, Crosses, or Palms? They're all a little different, but still have some of that Deftones feeling. It's all really great stuff!

Edited on by klingki

klingki

Vinny

@klingki Yes, I've listened to all of those, haha.

Crosses is great, It'd be hard to list all the tracks I like from it. But I gotta point out how Black Stallion is basically the opposite of White Pony, lol!

Team Sleep, love both the original and Woodstock Sessions. The Sessions version of Natalie Portman / Live from the Stage is just beautiful. Not to mention Your Skull Is Red.
One of the tracks I also really enjoy from this album is 11/11 which isn't even sung by Chino. The name of the track is interesting too, as most Deftones albums have 11 tracks and well... many new age/numerologist types claim there's a significance to a sequence of elevens (conspiracy time?). Going off on a tangent here, but I love when a track has a somewhat mysterious name/reference to something. Like Xerces from Deftones.

From Palms I loved Tropics listened that one on repeat tons of times. It's really relaxing.

Chino had some great collabs as well, like RAZORS.OUT with Mike Shinoda and Joe Trepanese.

Edited on by Vinny

klingki

@Vinny I'm so glad you heard all that stuff! The Woodstock Sessions for Team Sleep was amazing! I also really liked the versions of the two songs you mentioned. And it was cool that they did some of the instrumental stuff that only really got released on MySpace (remember that? lol).

My favorite Crosses songs would have to be The Epilogue and Option, but they're all so good! I hope they make another album.

For Palms I can't really pick one song. The whole album flows so well that I usually just listen to the whole thing, haha.

klingki

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JoeDiddley

@WoomyNNYes yes, the kids are big fans of “naughty Kevin” Home Alone. So the being naughty in the Beastie Boys Fight For Your Right To Party video they think is amazing.

They love the being kidnapped by a Sasquatch video (Triple Trouble) too.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic