Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,108

jump

The next big thing Picture Parlour have finally released their first single. It’s odd the song is inspired by the book Norwegian Wood by one of my favourite (and very pretentious) writers Haruki Murakami with the name coming from a Beatles song. It’s art eating itself like a snake chewing on its own tail!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1doesmath

Love to see the Rubber Soul love.

and

Everwhere - Fleetwood Mac

dysgraphia awareness human

AnVold

Sabaton style song
Radio Tapok - Petropavlovsk

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

AnVold

Another Metal m/ song

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

AnVold

OST Mechanicus - Children of Omnissiah
I recommend to watch it in 4K

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Jhena

It is weird but at my age I should feel like a grown up by now, but I still feel like I am shifting from feeling like a boy to feeling like a teenager. I am not complaining though. This video makes me feel like a teenager.

After watching this, I know I will not let go of Square Enix. They still make games that make me feel great feelings. As much as I complained about Final Fantasy XVI, I will definitely give it a try.

Also really looking forward to the new Kingdom Hearts. Just seeing a video and listening to the music makes me melt and forget every bad thing I felt about the series.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Jhena
Every Kingdom Hearts has an awesome intro and the best soundtrack I could wish for. I think it is great how strongly this series touches my heart. This is an adventure I do not want to end.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

AnVold

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

jump

I firmly believe Disney Corp are massive fans of punk legends Refused and they created the brilliantly written, acted and crafted drama show The Bear for the sole reason to get people to listen to New Noise!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Rambler

@jump
Apparently the Fall are referenced in the Barbie movie?

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I don’t remember The Fall but they do mention Pavement and The Velvet Underground in it.

May as well post since since whenever I think about The Velvet Underground I think of that awful album Lou Reed did with Metallica.

Nicolai wrote:

Rambler

@jump
I'm not a fan of Reed's solo career, but the first three Velvets albums are perfect. Mo leaving before the fourth (and therefore having a different drum sound) is the big change for me, not Cale leaving after the second.

Rambler

jump

@Rambler I can’t say I’m a big enough fan of The Velvet Underground to weigh in, which is why my main thoughts go to that Lou Reed Metallica album when they are brought up. I certainly wouldn’t deny their importance to music though. I’ve listened to their albums and liked them but I never made a connection to them like I have with other acts.

Not sure why, maybe it’s because I never got a chance to see them to cement my affection (what I’m listening to seems more based on what gig/festival I’m going to next rather than new album releases) or possibly by the time I did hear them I had already listened to tons of indie art rock like Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, David Bowie, Pixies, The Flaming Lips etc despite (I imagine) Velvet Underground being huge influences on them all.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

AnVold

Nice music for hot weather

Edited on by AnVold

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

FrozenGrape

The best of David Wise combined with Jungle (UK neo-funk band). So fresh!

Currently playing: DKC: Tropical Freeze

skywake

Listening to probably my favourite album over the last few years. Richard Dawson 2020

And also one of the many albums released in 2019 that seems to have nailed the years that followed it

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic