Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 12,088

Matty2310

@Ralizah Not really, aside from some of the popular shows aired on TV when I was young. I guess it was a weird way of saying it but I meant whar you just said. But still, going by what you said the fact that they do their characters like this explains why their game characters mainly tend to be white.

Edited on by Matty2310

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

Rumorlife

All the side pokemon games are really boring after GameCube

Rumorlife

veeflames

Alright, I just have to say this. I now hate the word 'fanboy.' Don't get me wrong, I know those at the extreme end of the spectrum, but nowadays (and on this site, even), it seems people use the word to show some sort of superiority over someone else; "I called this guy a fanboy. Therefore I should be smarter and better than him (even if I don't know who he is in real life)."
Why can't we just play whatever we want to play instead of throwing names around?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Socar

@VeeFlamesNL: Funny you said that. Eariler in the post, when I asked what kind of games that I should try out, I got mocked for only getting Nintendo games and nothing else.

Having said that, The video game industry is doomed if Nintendo ever goes bankrupt.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

@VeeFlamesNL: That is kinda how I feel about Casual and Hardcore now. I play mobile games and have fun. I play console games and have fun. I play whatever and have fun. Casual and Hardcore don't mean anything to me.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Peek-a-boo

Having played A Link to the Past on the Wii U recently, for the third time on a three different formats (SNES, Wii and Wii U), I am beginning to prefer the newer A Link Between Worlds, purely because there's more to do and has a variety of activities to get involved with that has no real consequence to the main story, but are enjoyable little side stories in there own right.

The little twist in A Link Between Worlds was totally unexpected too!

A dilemma indeed.

Peek-a-boo

Tyranexx

Since I'm slow and am still playing through Omega Ruby, I just now received the Surf HM. I've revived an opinion that I've had since the original games: Hoenn is my least favorite region.

Why? First of all, I do appreciate some of the steps the original games took; adding rain and other weather effects, introducing some diversity in terms of town design (like Pacifidlog and Fortree), and Dive.

Yet despite all of this, there is still one thing that bothers me: The amount of water routes.

Now, I have nothing against having a few water-based routes, but this game went into major overkill with them. (For the record, I DO think that IGN was wrong to include this aspect in their review score of ORAS, since it is an opinion that varies among people) At first, I have no problem with it, but as Surf is almost constantly used in the last quarter of the main storyline, I find that it becomes tedious and boring. I'm normally one that loves exploration in their games, but if it's constantly in the same type of environment? No thanks. The random encounters likewise become tedious (I acknowledge that Repels exist, but I hate constantly reapplying them), and the original games made me actually sick of most water Pokemon for a while. Add in the annoying gimmick with the currents on Routes 132-134 that's still to come, and you can hopefully see why I'm kind of hoping Team Magma succeeds in expanding the landmass.

The only thing that remedies this a bit for me is the sheer joy that I get from using Dive (at least in the original games. I'm not this far in the remake yet); I feel like this adds some depth (pun intended) to the exploration, and that there are controlled encounters in patches of seaweed.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Socar

@Trinexx: I'm least bothered about the water routes. You can atleast agree that the Pokemon designs here are more creative compared to Gold/Silver. Heck, they are a LOT better than Black/White.

Tyranexx

@Artwark: I have no problem with most of the actual designs (except for the abomination that is Luvdisc), it was more just the constant wild encounters with water types in general, plus the predominant swimmers/tubing children/fishermen trainer types. Admittedly, water has always been one of my "meh" types. I don't hate it, but I don't adore it either.

There are Pokemon designs out of each Gen that I both like and dislike, and I think for the most part the designs have improved over time. But then there are exceptions to that like Slurpuff....

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Socar

DRM needs to like get lost.

There's no point of it. Why have it? That is all.

SubBronze

I don't like Mario Maker because it rewards super hard and automatic levels instead of well designed levels which would fit in a an actual Mario game. YouTubers are just burying everyone else's levels making this even worse. The hour or more it takes for to make a level simply isn't worth it when you only get 20 plays and maybe a star if you're lucky. Waiting days for the game to unlock stuff without resorting to copying and pasting blocks hundreds of times is just boring when I could be spending my time playing other games.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

DefHalan

@Bulbousaur: I agree about the Super Hard and Auto levels. The main reason I didn't buy the game, the other main reason was money.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

DRM needs to like get lost.

There's no point of it. Why have it? That is all.

Possibly the most popular opinion in this thread.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Eat_Pie

Minecraft is a boring game. I don't like Minecraft. Maybe it's because I'm not a creative person, but I found it boring after about 10 minutes of playing time.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

BearHunger

WaveGhoul wrote:

when you barely have enough time to even see what's coming a head of you, and the fact that you're played dead center In a 4:3 screen....

That's why I always preferred the 3D Sonic games.

I think all of those complaints apply quite accurately to Sonic the Hedgehog 2, but less so to the other Genesis 2D Sonix. Those had their potshots, and Sonic 1 was rarely as speedy as advertised, but on the whole they were much better designed.

WaveGhoul wrote:

Rocket Knight Advetures for example was a Much better platformer

Can't argue with that.

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

GrovyleGamer

I never understood why some people don't like all F2P games. Most don't require you to pay and are good time wasters when you have extra time. They are basically free games.

Edited on by GrovyleGamer

Playing: Super Mario Maker, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Amiibo: Kirby, Mario, Samus, C. Falcon, Luigi, Mega Man, Pac-Man, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, Shulk, Modern 30th Mario, and Ganondorf.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9497-9279 | Nintendo Network ID: Jmaster10

Tyranexx

@Eat_Pie: Agreed. I can see how people enjoy the game, but I need at least a vague objective when playing my games. To me, there's a such thing as too much of a sandbox element.

It also amazes me how people find the time and grinding patience to build elaborate recreations like Peach's Castle from Mario 64.

Socar

Phantasy Star 3 is the worst RPG I've ever played. I'd rather play Sticker Star than this abomination!

The fact that you have to manually go to the same places over and over again with shortcuts only revealed near the end of the game is a chore itself. I can't think of a great RPG classic that forced the player to backtrack through towns manually instead of using better techniques or shortcuts later on. This one only uses that at the final part of the game.

Also, I still have no idea how this game is related to Phantasy star 2 in any way. Phantasy Star 2 was hard but atleast its nowhere blander than 3 will ever be.

SuperWiiU

TheJmaster wrote:

I never understood why some people don't like all F2P games. Most don't require you to pay and are good time wasters when you have extra time. They are basically free games.

Because they are easy to begin, then later on they adjust levels so you either need to chance win after many attempts or pay up.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Whydoievenbother

SuperWiiU wrote:

TheJmaster wrote:

Because they are easy to begin, then later on they adjust levels so you either need to chance win after many attempts or pay up.

That's not ALL F2P games. I mean, just look at Fallout Shelter.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic