Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 121 to 140 of 12,088

Maelstrom

@I-U You really have some unconventional opinions. I haven't played Other M after hearing everything bad about it, but I have seen some gameplay and it looks better than I thought. The only thing I still don't like is the auto aiming. It looks like it ruins the challenge of the metroid series. I, personally, love metroid prime because it felt fresh and seemed to make you think for yourself, unlike Prime 3, It also felt different from all other metroid games, except for super metroid, in that while there were different themed areas, the progression didn't feel like it followed expectations and you never knew what area you would visit next. I, personally, think metroid games should take a passive storytelling method, like super metroid and Prime 1-2, rather than through cutscenes and dialogue, like Other M and Prime 3. I think that Other M would be a good game, but not necessarily a good metroid game. FOr the next instalment, I would like a return-to-the-roots 2d sidescroller, similar to what A link between worlds was to the Zelda series.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

LzWinky

Maelstrom wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I like Michael Pachter.

You mean you like laughing at his terrible predictions, right?

No no. Fans only laugh at a small percentage of his predictions and videos.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

I-U

@Maelstrom Having played Metroid Prime Hunters before any other Metroid game, much of Metroid Prime's new approach to the series when it first came out did not have much of an impact on me beyond familiarity with my prior experience. I like thinking for myself in the Metroid Series, it's part of the enjoyment I have with speedrunning them, but I do feel the entertainment level of Metroid Prime 3 was quite a bit higher than Metroid Prime's in spite of it being a bit more directed. The Scan Visor kind of did make an area expected though, unless a player wasn't scanning the elevators in a game that put so much emphasis on scan everything. Sure, I may not get "fire theme" from Magmoor Caverns, but I think the Varia Suit upgrade foreshadowed that. While I do think the ice theme was a bit unexpected following Magmoor Caverns, I felt that kind of hurt the believability of Tallon IV too in my opinion. I do prefer passive storytelling in Metroid games too and we're both on the same page regarding the next installment. I've been curious about what a new Metroid would be like following ALBW's example since I completed that game.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Maelstrom

@I-U Actually, my first metroid game was the original from the ambassador program. I rage quit within 5 minutes. But I decided to play metroid fusion and found it very fun. I then played super metroid (Wii VC) and got prime trilogy. I played a little of Prime Hunters' multiplayer and also have Metroid II, but I keep getting lost. I can't seem to find Zero Mission anywhere though......

Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Offolsense

@Maelstrom
I'd love a new 2d metroid, but for the 3DS, and only after the new Wii U metroid, just because if another sidescroller gets announced for the Wii U, then... then I don't even know.
Also, Other M was only really hard at boss fights (the only times I died) until the post game stuff, but it's still a lot of fun, and besides the story, it's an awesome metroid game.

Offolsense

Gamecubed

-The PS2 isn't that great
-Microsoft doesn't have any really compelling exclusives
-I hate Liara in Mass Effect and I think it's weird that people romance Tali and Garrus
-I liked Miranda's character in Mass Effect and I also thought Kaidan was a sweetheart and I would totally go for someone like him in real life
-Mario gets too much attention
-Mario sports games need to stop
-I've never been into any of the Sony platformers (ie. Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter)
-I don't understand why every game has to be rated M now
-In retrospective, I don't really like the N64
-Nightfire is better than Goldeneye
-I have actually enjoyed quite a few movie based video games
-I hate DLC. Why can't I just have the whole product in one package?
-I think games should be complete on day one. If it's getting patches a week later it's not acceptable. I don't like how people have been tempered into thinking half-finished games are acceptable
-People who complain about games being violent need to start learning how to read the ESRB ratings label on the case

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

Maelstrom

Gamecubed wrote:

-Microsoft doesn't have any really compelling exclusives

Agreed. The world needs less FPS.

Gamecubed wrote:

Right there. While most are good, more mario means less other games.

Gamecubed wrote:

This.

Gamecubed wrote:

-I don't understand why every game has to be rated M now

I know! A game doesn't need swearing and blood just to be any good.

Gamecubed wrote:

-In retrospective, I don't really like the N64

Agreed, most of the games haven't aged well graphicly (or that controler). So far, Majora's mask seems to have the best graphics.

Gamecubed wrote:

-I hate DLC. Why can't I just have the whole product in one package?
-I think games should be complete on day one. If it's getting patches a week later it's not acceptable. I don't like how people have been tempered into thinking half-finished games are acceptable

No one wants another battlefield 4. Although, I don't mind patches that are made in response to gamers' complaints. And some DLC can be good, but only if it is released more than a month after the original release

Geonjaha

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Wayfoward is overrated. There's always someone that has to mention their name and think they can turn everything into gold.

Haha, very much agreed. Shantae is a series that is average at best. The fact that its newest game is one of the only pieces of decent DSiWare somehow got people thinking the franchise was amazing.

Maelstrom wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

Right there. While most are good, more mario means less other games.

Gamecubed wrote:

This.

I assumed these were things that weren't being disputed.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

mystman12

I think Windows 8 is an excellent OS. It's fast, easy to use, and just works well over all. I really don't understand why some people hate it so much.

I think I am in the movie is a great app. I really hate seeing it get bashed so much just because it's on DSiWare. And don't even get me started on the review... Not only do I disagree with it big time but it just isn't a good review. The reviewer seems like he didn't even know how to use it.

I think normal Brawl is better than Project M.

I think Super Mario Sunshine is extremely underrated and bashed for no good reason. It's another great Super Mario game. F.L.O.O.D. was a great gameplay element, there was a bit of extra depth to the plot, and there was plenty to explore. I really don't understand all the hate.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

-Ocarina Of Time is neither the best Zelda nor best game ever made
-Brawl doesn't suck and Melee is far from perfect.
-Playstation All Stars Battle Royale was okay and a bit of fun.

IGOR!

GuSolarFlare

I know what is Jojo all start battle and I want to play it!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

@Kodeen what was her name before? XD
Pauline is another character entirely.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Eel

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@Kodeen what was her name before? XD
Pauline is another character entirely.

Outside of Japan, she was mostly referred to as Toadstool.

It wasn't until Super Mario 64 that they began commonly using her original name, Peach.

Now some games use Toadstool as her family name/title.

________

I'm afraid I don't know Queen Liz enough to be that close with her.
But I bet Peach is ok with being called Peach by her friends.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

cheetahman91

Pokemon sucks.
Fighting games (other than the SSB series) suck. Remembering a bunch of button combinations isn't very fun.
E.T. for the Atari isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
I preferred the Neo-Geo for it's shumps rather than its fighters.
Mega Man is overrated.
While Super Mario Bros. 3 is a good game, it's far from the best Mario game.
Diddy Kong Racing DS is better than the N64 version.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

bezerker99

Kodeen wrote:

Mario Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario. However, the depiction of Peach in that game is one of the most vapid, sexist things I have ever seen in a video game.

Also, I hate how they changed her name to Peach.

I agree with you on the whole name change to Peach. Toadstool, to me, was a much cooler name (not being sarcastic here).

I went and looked in my Super Mario Bros. manual and found this. It's probably our first introduction to her name.

OBJECT OF THE GAME/GAME DESCRIPTION
One day the kingdom of the peaceful mushroom people was invaded by the
Koopa, a tribe of turtles famous for their black magic. The quiet, peaceĀ·loving
Mushroom People were turned into mere stones, bricks and even field horseĀ·
hair plants, and the Mushroom Kingdom fell into ruin.
The only one who can undo the magic spell on the Mushroom People and
return them to their normal selves is the Princess Toadstool, the daughter of
the Mushroom King. Unfortunately, she is presently in the hands of the great
Koopa turtle king.
Mario, the hero of the story (maybe) hears about the Mushroom People's
plight and sets out on a quest to free the Mushroom Princess from the evil
Koopa and restore the fallen kingdom of the Mushroom People.
You are Mario! It's up to you to save the Mushroom People from the black
magic of the Koopa!

Edited on by bezerker99

Unit_DTH

I dislike Minecraft and wish all the whiners would just stop asking for it on the Wii U and 3DS
I think the Wii U is a great console, but is floundering due only to Nintendo's view of themselves as "untouchable" by the bad publicity it has gotten
I think the PS4 is in dire need of games
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze was the biggest letdown announcement I have ever witnessed and Retro and Nintendo should publicly apologize for it
I hate Reggie, my body is ready to knock that stupid smirk off his ugly face
Mario should retire or have some offspring that carry his torch
Peach should carry a gun, Bowser would think twice and Mario might find time for other things
The new SSB should have cross play from the 3DS to the Wii U and it was a huge disappointment when they announced that it wouldn't

I think that's all for now... Best thread ever.

Unit_DTH

My Nintendo: Unit DTH | Nintendo Network ID: Unit_DTH | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

Lastly i think Nintendo & Sony should merge.......

Iwata needs to go......

indie games are over rated

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

DiscoDriver43

The 8th Gen needs more Arcade Racers. Too many Gran Trismos and Forzas and not many Ridge Racers and Crusins.

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic