Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 141 to 160 of 12,088

Wheeler

I've never like Kingdom Hearts. Is boring, dull, repetitive, linear, also hate it for shoving so much FF7 characters in the game and not putting any other characters from the older series.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Memeboy3

I'm Suprised how Popular this Thread had Become...
I thank you all For Viewing this and being very Honest on Contributing!
You Guys are the Best!

S'up
I love Anime and Wii U and 3DS games with Barry and Ross.
And Im playing Super Mario 3D World, KI:U, Colors, etc
My friend code:
3711- 7655 - 4325
My Nintendo network ID :Pokelover10

Gamecubed

I don't understand the hype around virtual reality. Am I the only one who thought "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline was bit of a cautionary tale?

Gamecubed

GuSolarFlare

I think Augmented Reality has more potential than Virtual Reality
D-]: this telephone has nothing to do with anything D-]:

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

moomoo

Memeboy3 wrote:

I'm Suprised how Popular this Thread had Become...
I thank you all For Viewing this and being very Honest on Contributing!
You Guys are the Best!

We all hate things other people love, and love things other people hate. It's just who we are.

Although I'm surprised someone actually liked Sticker Star...

To add, I'll say that Sony's current approach to the Vita is a good one. I really doubt that if it got a bunch of AAA games came to the Vita, that people would flock to it. They'd just game on their phones or their consoles. Instead, Sony is just getting games to the system by courting indies and helping Japanese games get over. It's leading to an incredibly active player base, and people that buy dozens of games are better than people who buy 3 or 4 (like the PSP, a system that sold big numbers, especially in North America, but didn't have an active player base). Royalties get Sony lots of money, and those ridiculous memory card prices add to their profits. It's not like it'll make them as much cash as the PS4, but it'll last for a while.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Gold

Iwata should be replaced.. oh wait, that's not unpopular?
I liked the Spongebob game on Wii U, but not not a lot.
I like the NSMB series.

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

CaviarMeths
  • The Vita is a more attractive gaming device than the PS4.
  • I freaking LOVE Mario sports games!
  • Mario platformers, I could take or leave. They're OK, I guess.
  • Namco Bandai makes better fighting games than Capcom and better RPGs than Square Enix.
  • Halo at its worst is still the best FPS franchise ever.
  • Reggie indeed sucks.
  • Rune Factory 4 was better than Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for top-down adventure fun.
  • The Wii U wasn't a waste of money.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DiscoDriver43

In retrospect, the Nintendo 64 wasn't that great of a console. only areas it really excelled at where 3d platforms and FPS.

Nintendo 64 had the better 1st party games, but the 3rd party games on the playstation had it beat.

the Original Smash Bros was a decent game, but i found that games such as Marvel 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3 have aged better than it

Chun Li > Peach any day of the week.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is my favortie Street Fighter game and i can't for the love of god understand the love for Street Fighter 3

Not gaming, but Dances with Wolves is a massively overrated movie as is E.T.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Gamecubed

Even though I loved the first game as a kid, I strongly dislike Kingdom Hearts now. It seems so juvenile to me. I think it's a cool idea, but what it turns into just isn't that thrilling to me.
I don't think I ever liked the second game.

Gamecubed

Memeboy3

I'll Share Anothe opinion of Mine, I'm Not sure if it's Unpopular:
I hate when There is an Event Pokemon that isn't Available in Wi-Fi. Nintendo Should try Giving the People who can't or Don't ant to go to their Nearest Game Stops and Movie Theature, or Store......Just Give us Wi-Fi and That's All....Make it Available to A lot more People, Nintendo!

S'up
I love Anime and Wii U and 3DS games with Barry and Ross.
And Im playing Super Mario 3D World, KI:U, Colors, etc
My friend code:
3711- 7655 - 4325
My Nintendo network ID :Pokelover10

brooks83

Top Gear on SNES was a better racing game than Super Mario Kart.

The Last of Us was decent at best. The whole time I was waiting for it to get good and become the "Citizen Kane of gaming", but that never happened.

Bruiser and Scratch was a great WiiWare game.

brooks83

Tasuki

brooks83 wrote:

OMG someone else who thinks that too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

brooks83

Tasuki wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Haha, yeah that game was awesome, with an amazing soundtrack as well! It needs to come to the VC.

brooks83

Tasuki

brooks83 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Haha, yeah that game was awesome, with an amazing soundtrack as well! It needs to come to the VC.

Yeah what's funny is I have been humming the soundtrack the last few days even though its been sometime since I played the game. I remember renting that game all the time when I was a kid. The one day when Toys R Us were getting rid of their SNES games to make room for the N64 I picked it up for $5 dollars. Think this weekend I am going to have to hook up the SNES and go a few laps.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CaviarMeths
  • The official Zelda timeline is awesome.
  • Saints Row is infinitely better than Grand Theft Auto.
  • Dragon Age II was actually pretty good.
  • A relationship/couple system would be a welcome addition to most games. Obviously not FIFA or Calladoody, but...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamz

CaviarMeths wrote:

• A relationship/couple system would be a welcome addition to most games. Obviously not FIFA or Calladoody, but...

I kinda agree....which the caveat that very, very few games handle romance well (I blame 80% of developers being male for this).
Of course, the best system for romance? My Kindle.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Gamecubed

Dreamz wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I kinda agree....which the caveat that very, very few games handle romance well (I blame 80% of developers being male for this).
Of course, the best system for romance? My Kindle.

I agree.
I also think men sometimes have a hard time writing women, so it makes any sort of romance even more difficult to write. I wouldn't say no to having romance at least optional in more games. Just to have the option there and not bluntly in your face or anything.

I think Fifa (and other sports games) career mode should have a reputation rating for what the public thinks of your player. Maybe you get requests to do charity events, or get married or whatever and that can sway public opinion and how the crowd reacts to you. Maybe if your player is a jerk they chuck things at you. Of course all the the requests would be just a text box and you can choose your answers, you won't have to actually play anything, but it would add a personal element to it.

Gamecubed

RR529
  • I loved the sappy romance between Tidas & Yuna in FFX (and similar stuff in other RPGs, like Luke & Tear in TotA)
  • I won't say they're bad, but for some reason I can't bring myself to finish the Genesis Sonic games (aside from 2, which is the only one I hold nostalgia for, which may be the reason).
  • I personally don't mind the design of characters like Mai Shiranui, and don't think these kinds of characters need to be changed, or be gotten rid of (certain games having those kinds of characters doesn't keep other developers from creating games without them, the gaming world is large enough for all kinds of characters)
  • I liked Metroid II: the return of Samus more than the original Metroid.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CaviarMeths

Gamecubed wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

very, very few games handle romance well (I blame 80% of developers being male for this).

I agree.
I also think men sometimes have a hard time writing women, so it makes any sort of romance even more difficult to write.

The problem is that most writers will stick to writing what they know, and yeah, being that most writers in the industry are men, women tend to go mis/underrepresented. Some men are very capable of writing women, and some women are very capable of writing men, but best case scenario of course is to have a healthy balance of influences and experiences. Too bad female video game writers are still a rare breed. And GOOD writers at that. Women writing women isn't any guarantee of quality either (see: Twilight, 50 Shades, Harlequin romance).

But yeah, I think as an optional thing, game romance is a nice thing. A lot of people "ship" anyway, so why not build it into the game?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic