Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,990

Blivion

How did you feel about Super Paper Mario for the Wii?

[/quote]

I thought it was great what I didn't like was the real time battles, that's not the PM I know 😖
And that's probly the only thing I didn't like about it 😏

Edited on by Blivion

Blivion

Reploid

@Blivion
Super Mario 3D Land is nothing like Super Mario Galaxy. The difficulty level in 3D Land is pretty low, so you'll more than likely race through that game in no time. Since you liked Super Paper Mario, I'm sure you'll enjoy playing Sticker Star, although it CAN get pretty frustrating at times.

Edited on by Reploid

Reploid

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2195-0688

swordx

Schraffios wrote:

I'm having a problem deciding whether to get a Wii U or PS4, It'll be a couple years before i could get the other one. They both have exclusives I want. I also have a gaming PC so third party games don't really matter to me unless they're exclusives. Which should I get? I'm also a big Nintendo fan. I also won't have PSN since i'm under 18 and don't want to lie or make a sub-account. I won't be able to get the other console for quite some time since i plan on buying an Oculus Rift when they release.

Wii U. By the time you have the money, the Wii U will have AMAZING games, such as X, Zelda, Smash Bros., Mario, DK, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Yarn Yoshi, and much much more!

swordx

Schraffios

KingH3nrry wrote:

Would you guys recommend the Zelda series to someone who didn't like Skyward Sword (SPOILERS: it's me) and are the other games in the Zelda series like Skyward Sword? Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game I ever played, and I didn't like it too much. The controls were horrific, and I absolutely despised the time trials. I also didn't like how I had to fight Demise several times, one time is enough. So I want to know, are the other games in the series similar? I'm considering getting another Zelda game to give the series another chance, but if the other games are like this one, then I don't even want to bother.

What did you not like about Skyward Sword? I've loved all the zelda games. I even like Zelda 2. I suggest Ocarina of Time but my favorite is Majora's Mask. I suggest Ocarina of Time before Majora's Mask.

Schraffios

Reploid

Schraffios wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Would you guys recommend the Zelda series to someone who didn't like Skyward Sword (SPOILERS: it's me) and are the other games in the Zelda series like Skyward Sword? Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game I ever played, and I didn't like it too much. The controls were horrific, and I absolutely despised the time trials. I also didn't like how I had to fight Demise several times, one time is enough. So I want to know, are the other games in the series similar? I'm considering getting another Zelda game to give the series another chance, but if the other games are like this one, then I don't even want to bother.

What did you not like about Skyward Sword? I've loved all the zelda games. I even like Zelda 2. I suggest Ocarina of Time but my favorite is Majora's Mask. I suggest Ocarina of Time before Majora's Mask.

I don't blame him. I would've enjoyed the game more if it weren't for those reasons he stated.

Edited on by Reploid

Reploid

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2195-0688

8BitSamurai

SuperiorTech wrote:

Schraffios wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

I don't blame him. I would've enjoyed the game more if it weren't for those reasons he stated.

Yeah, I had the same problems too, I enjoyed the game overall, but they were pretty dampening to that enjoyment.

@KingH3nrry
I highly recommend A Link to the Past. It's one of the best, if not the best in the eyes of many Zelda fans, and it can be acquired pretty easily and cheaply.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

NewbieOrNah

@8BitSamurai Ok thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out when it comes to the Wii U VC

NewbieOrNah

3DS Friend Code: 0318-8873-5118 | Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

8BitSamurai

If anybody is looking for a very unique, very well made RPG with an interesting cast, I recommend Riviera: The Promised Land for the GBA or PSP (You can get it digital for Vita as well). Truly not one to miss out on if you like the genre!

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

SammyOfMobius

Okay guys, I just earned $50 to add to my $100. I'm only looking to spend around $40 to save up for future games, so I plan on either getting Mario & Luigi Dream Team for 3DS or Rayman Legends for Vita. What should I get? Rayman Legends looks so charming and excellent in terms of quality, while Dream Team looks so imaginative and addictive! I know both of these games have already came out and people have played them, so I need other gamers' inputs. What should I do? Reply ASAP. And I may need more than one response just to be sure.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

SammyOfMobius

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

Okay guys, I just earned $50 to add to my $100. I'm only looking to spend around $40 to save up for future games, so I plan on either getting Mario & Luigi Dream Team for 3DS or Rayman Legends for Vita. What should I get? Rayman Legends looks so charming and excellent in terms of quality, while Dream Team looks so imaginative and addictive! I know both of these games have already came out and people have played them, so I need other gamers' inputs. What should I do? Reply ASAP. And I may need more than one response just to be sure.

Um, any time now...

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

Captain_Toad

@ClassicSonicFan Yeah I'd go do that. Sorry for not replying.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

SammyOfMobius

I originally heard that Rayman Legends Vita would be missing 28 levels, but then I heard it was only the Invasion levels, which are actually modified versions of existing levels. So in all honesty, I didn't mind that. I also heard that the Invasion levels would be added via a free future patch. So Rayman Legends Vita it is! M & L Dream Team will have to wait.
Untitled

ItsFuzzyPickles

Posted this in the PS3 thread, but no one's replying...

I really want to get Bayonetta. Right now, it's available on the PSN store for $15 and seems like practically a steal, yet I've heard bad things about this version (like being 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS). I don't have a Xbox 360 (and never will buy another Microsoft console again because of what Microsoft tried to do with the Xbox One), so the PS3 version is my only choice unless they port it to the Wii U. Should I bother with it nonetheless despite it being a weaker game than the 360? Currently deciding between this and Red Dead Redemption for my next purchase.

And while I'm at it, I'll ask another thing. I've been thinking about doing YouTube videos (not planning on displaying a face yet since I don't really like the way I look) and I want to use it for rants/discussion about video games/etc. Are there any video editing programs to recommend that's any good that isn't outrageously expensive?

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

astarisborn94 wrote:

I really want to get Bayonetta. Right now, it's available on the PSN store for $15 and seems like practically a steal, yet I've heard bad things about this version (like being 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS). I don't have a Xbox 360 (and never will buy another Microsoft console again because of what Microsoft tried to do with the Xbox One), so the PS3 version is my only choice unless they port it to the Wii U. Should I bother with it nonetheless despite it being a weaker game than the 360? Currently deciding between this and Red Dead Redemption for my next purchase.

And while I'm at it, I'll ask another thing. I've been thinking about doing YouTube videos (not planning on displaying a face) and I want to use it for rants/discussion about video games/etc. Are there any video editing programs to recommend that's any good that isn't outrageously expensive?

Honestly, I would sooner recommend you buy a used 360 for $150, even if Bayonetta is all you play on it, than suggesting you play the PS3 version...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

I agree with CanisWolfred on this one. It would probably be cheaper for you to buy a 360 if thats the only game you want to play. Than after you finish it you can trade it in. Not buying a 360 because of what MS tried to do with the Xbox One is a stupid reason not to buy a 360. But in the end its your money.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ItsFuzzyPickles

CanisWolfred wrote:

astarisborn94 wrote:

And while I'm at it, I'll ask another thing. I've been thinking about doing YouTube videos (not planning on displaying a face) and I want to use it for rants/discussion about video games/etc. Are there any video editing programs to recommend that's any good that isn't outrageously expensive?

Honestly, I would sooner recommend you buy a used 360 for $150, even if Bayonetta is all you play on it, than play the PS3 version...

You're probably right on that one, but if I were to get a Xbox 360 (and it'd be used since I have no intentions of giving Microsoft any money), it'd just be for single-player games like Bayonetta and while I would love to play the best version, I don't feel like spending $150 on a machine for one game. Perhaps after the 360 is no longer being supported and I have some money leftover will I reconsider a 360 if I find other single-player exclusives (or superior versions) worth getting, but for right now, I'm going to hold off on Bayonetta and hope for a Wii U port that turns out better (and there are a few games I do want to get on that system even if PS4 will be my priority). So Red Dead Redemption it is.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

ItsFuzzyPickles

Tasuki wrote:

Just to let you know that MS plans to support the 360 till 2016. So you might be waiting awhile there.

http://www.purexbox.com/news/2013/09/the_xbox_360_will_still_...

Fine with me. There will be other titles to occupy me anyway, plus other things to worry about. Still want to get Bayonetta, but I'd rather get the best version later than not at all.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Red_XIII

Ok, two questions.
1: Which order shall I play the following Zelda Games: Wind Waker HD, Majoras Mask, Link to the Past, Twilight Princess.
2: Which order shall I play the Metal Gear Solid series???

Red_XIII

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic