Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 2,988

e-love

@3Dash, wouldn't it be more appropriate in this case for it to be Ghirahim's Battle theme? Since that's what plays when he's a boss battle? I'm not sure o:

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

New_3DaSh_XL

Emaan wrote:

@3Dash, wouldn't it be more appropriate in this case for it to be Ghirahim's Battle theme? Since that's what plays when he's a boss battle? I'm not sure o:

Well, to be fair, the title of the tourney doesn't Battle anywhere in it, so I'm thinking it could mean Boss Battle theme or just boss theme.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

e-love

@3Dash,
Yeah like I said, I'm not sure where the line is drawn

Also, if anyone would help me out:

Would this be an acceptable nomination? This level is a boss / race against Metal Sonic in the game.

Sonic CD - Stardust Speedway (Bad Future)

FriedSquid

@Emaan: Here's the thing, @Pikminsi already nominated that song, but his is the Sonic Generations version. It's virtually the same song, but it does have some changes to it. I think the song is acceptable, but one of you might want to pick the other version of the song if you want, just so there's not two songs in the competition that are nearly the same.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Happy_Mask

Ihsoy wrote:

Starring Wario - Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkIScb5BWyA

Give him a Nobel prize, on the double! you just won so many happy points bro

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Jeremyx7

Hopefully these nominations will be considered..... :3
Turok 2: Blind One Boss > loops after 2 minutes because it's an extended version.
Aquaria: Boss Fraught > from a fantastic indie game for the PC.
Metroid Prime 2: Emperor Ing, Phase 2 > This one was Rundas' theme at first until I realized pancakes nominated it already.
Donkey Kong Country 2: Crocodile Cacophony > Classic Boss Tune. Btw this is NOT the final boss.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Geonjaha

CaptainSquid wrote:

@Emaan: Here's the thing, @Pikminsi already nominated that song, but his is the Sonic Generations version. It's virtually the same song, but it does have some changes to it. I think the song is acceptable, but one of you might want to pick the other version of the song if you want, just so there's not two songs in the competition that are nearly the same.

Having a rule against no nominations of alternate versions of songs would make sense. With all the songs out there we really don't need multiple versions of the same one.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

FonistofCruxis

@3Dash I wouldn't count it as a boss theme if it doesn't actually play in a boss fight. Maybe those could be saved for a possible character theme tournament.

I haven't decided on two of my nominations so I'll post them later.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

e-love

Even though I'm considering a different nomination in place of the Sonic CD - Stardust Speedway [Bad Future] one, I'd like to point out that we had the original Green Hill Zone theme and the Sonic Generations version in the previous tournament. I don't want duplicates anymore than anyone else, though I'd rather the original theme be used in this tournament rather than a remix.

Still, I'm looking for something else

@Pikminsi can use the Generations one I guess o:

TsunamiSensei

Molgera's theme from the Wind Waker. Nothing compares. (Sorry if this has already been nominated)

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Tasuki

Emaan wrote:

Even though I'm considering a different nomination in place of the Sonic CD - Stardust Speedway [Bad Future] one, I'd like to point out that we had the original Green Hill Zone theme and the Sonic Generations version in the previous tournament. I don't want duplicates anymore than anyone else, though I'd rather the original theme be used in this tournament rather than a remix.

Still, I'm looking for something else

@Pikminsi can use the Generations one I guess o:

Honestly I would just leave it unless Capn Pancakes says something, its his tournament after all.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThePirateCaptain

Sorry that i've been busy for a while guys, but i'm back for the weekend. I don't really have anything against duplicates of songs, the people who nominated them just have to be aware that that same song may already be in the tournament. If you really want to, go ahead, but if you feel like you could pick something better, by all means.

Just a small note, if at any time you do change your nominations for whatever reason, it would be very appreciated if you could make that know so the bracket doesn't get messed up.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Jeremyx7

@CapnPancakes Quick question but I was just curious when will the tourney begin roughly? More or less?

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.