Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 2,988

e-love

Sorry

Well.
How about we just edit the original post of the round and have everyone redo theirs?

I'll go ahead and edit mine

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

ThePirateCaptain

@Emaan
It's no problem, I should have caught that sooner.

I pm'ed @Karakato on Backloggery, but as for the rest of the people who have already voted, I can only hope that the title will catch their attention.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Geonjaha

Geonjaha wrote:

1) Super Mario World - Overworld
2) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

KarrotMan

1. Castlevania Rondo of Blood - Bloodlines
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy

My vote has remained unchanged. Though I find Good Egg Galaxy a better contender than Onett.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

ClockworkMario

1) Castlevania Rondo of Blood: Though kind of repetitive, it's still catchy.
2)SMG Good Egg Galaxy: Really tough decision, picking between two such epic orchestrated songs, but Good Egg works better as a first level music.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

FriedSquid

A hard decision for both match-ups, but...

1. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Bloodlines
2. Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy

@Nobodys_Angel: Sorry man, nominations are well over for this tourney. However we'll be ending this current tourney and starting a new one soon. I think we're doing Best Boss Music (excluding final boss music) next if you'd like to wait for nominations for that tournament. Or you could nominate for @Capn_Pancakes' special tournament! Currently you can nominate two Super Mario Galaxy (SMG 1 or 2) songs if you haven't already.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

ThePirateCaptain

1. Super Mario World - Overworld
While both these nominations are good, I don't think i'd have chosen them to come this far. Since I prefer the SNES version of Bloodlines, i'll go with Mario World.

2. Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
Both of these songs are fantastic, but I like the inspiring theme in Good Egg Galaxy just a tad more.

ThePirateCaptain

Jeremyx7

I edited my previous post as well...hope it can still count for this round.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

DreamyViridi

1. Super Mario World - Overworld
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy

A bit predictable but still...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ThePirateCaptain

Super Mario World wins 6-4
Good Egg Galaxy wins the tiebreaker at 5-5

And yes, I did double check the scores this round XD

But with that said, the final round is upon us. Once again i'd like to thank everyone who participated and kept this thread going. This is our third tournament and to be honest, I never imagined that this thread would go that far. I've had a lot of fun running these tournaments, and I hope you all have had fun too, but without wasting any more time, here is the final round.
Here is a link to the current bracket
Here is a link to the special tournament

1) Super Mario World - Overworld vs. Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy

ThePirateCaptain

SomeBitTripFan

Super Mario Galaxy- Good Egg Galaxy

@CapnPancakes: How many nominations can we make in the next tournament. I have cut my list down to 4, but want to know if I need to cut it down even more.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Ideal_Hero

Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
Well, it's been another fantastic music tournament. It's been great to listen to new and familiar songs and discover other peoples' taste in music. I have really enjoyed this thread (even though I missed some rounds) and I hope it continues to keep on going. Thanks to @CapnPancakes for running the show. Good job man.

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

Auracle

Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy: It starts out pretty mellow, but builds into something incredible. An amazing song from an amazing game.

Also, what @Ideal said.

Edited on by Auracle

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

e-love

1. Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
I chose this over Super Mario World's overworld theme as I think this theme demonstrates what first level music should be like. This musical theme alone is what got me really into Super Mario Galaxy in the first place and I'm sure that's the situation with a lot of other players. It just has a very magical and wonderous aspect to it and it really outlines the adventure that's about to unfold. Well done, Koji Kondo~

And so another tournament comes to a close, cheers everyone~!

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Geonjaha

Super Mario World - Overworld (Super Mario Galaxy 2 may have stood a chance here).

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

KarrotMan

Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy by a mile. Make no mistake, SMW's theme was catchy but there were alot more songs in the list that deserved the final spot over this. While I felt that Sky Station Galaxy was top tier for a first level theme, Good Egg Galaxy comes close in terms of its whimsical tunes.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

FonistofCruxis

Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
SMW's Overworld theme is a classic tune but it did not deserve to get this far as there are quite a lot of better songs that were in the tournament while Good Egg Galaxy is an excellent first level theme and was a great song to start off such an amazing game. Why does it say semi-finals? Isn't this the final?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.