Forums

Topic: The NL Special Video Game Music Tournament: Best Sky Theme (First Round)

Posts 441 to 460 of 927

ThePirateCaptain

1. Kirby's Epic Yarn - Snowy Fields

No contest for me.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

UGXwolf

I will have to wait until I get home to be 100%, but dat French Horn on Cool, Cool Mountain is so chilling, I may as well throw up a place holder vote, and change it, if I change my mind.

1. Super Mario 64 - Cool, Cool Mountain

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Bass260

1. Super Mario 64 - Cool, Cool Mountain

Cool Cool Mountain takes this easily...and who am I kidding, it's all nostalgia. Personally, I think something like Phendrana Drifts & Freezeezy Peak should have been the top two.

NNID: Bass260

Games owned

Wii U: 15
3DS: 22
DS: 55
Wii: 37

Looking forward to: Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, X, Bayonetta 2, Majora's Mask Remake

Long live the king!

Geonjaha

8BitSamurai wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

1. Kirby's Epic Yarn - Snowy Fields

No contest for me.

I agree. Having never played the game I was pleasantly surprised to hear how good this tune is. I would hope that more people listen to it all the way through (not least of all because this is the final round), and supress their nostalgia. We have enough Mario games winning these things anyway.

Nonetheless, it has been a fun tournament, and I'm looking forward to starting a new one. >:3

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

UGXwolf

I listened to both all the way through, and I'm just more impressed by the instrumentation (and use of it) in Cool Cool Mountain. They're both very good, but I just feel Cool Cool Mountain is better.

Captain_Toad

Cool, Cool, Mountain

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

ThePirateCaptain

With a final score of 6-3, the winner of the Best Winter Theme Tournament is......

Untitled

Super Mario 64 - Cool Cool Mountain!

As always, leave suggestions for the next tournament below.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

So for the next tournament would everyone rather do Best Mario Kart Theme or Best Water Theme?

ThePirateCaptain

UGXwolf

Mario Kart. I love choosing themes from one game and battling them against each other. =D Besides, I'm not too excited for the nominations going "2-2 SMB!" "Oh, dang! I was gonna pick that one!" "Me, too! D:" (This is bad reasoning, I know, but I'm still more interested in MK VGMs)

ThePirateCaptain

Mario Kart it is then! We'll start nominations as soon as the theme for the other thread gets decided. It's a lot easier on me if the threads are in sync with each other

ThePirateCaptain

Geonjaha

Eh. I'm not a fan of the series specific tournaments. I'd much rather have Best Water Theme but I guess the people have spoken. :/

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

GamecubeMan

Geonjaha wrote:

Eh. I'm not a fan of the series specific tournaments. I'd much rather have Best Water Theme but I guess the people have spoken. :/

Dire Dire Docks would win anyway. :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

GamecubeMan wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Dire Dire Docks would win anyway. :3

ThePirateCaptain

I'm going to go ahead and open nominations up, four per person.

ThePirateCaptain

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.