Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2023

Posts 221 to 221 of 221

kkslider5552000

I strongly disagree that this is the worst Game Awards, in that I was rarely actively annoyed or bored, which is a low bar but one it cleared this year. These problems are nothing new, and I didn't even think the anime games looked that similar all things considered (you've not seen enough 5/10 anime games to truly know sameyness).

The reality is that the Game Awards have never been that good, so its hard for me to be mad about X or Y this year because I don't expect it. The mediocre pseudo-realistic shooter trailers, the worthless cg trailers, the needlessly long update/ad for ongoing game too casual-centric to need to have a needlessly long update at the Game Awards that casuals aren't watching anyway. awards being secondary...like if you can't deal with that, that's what they are. This was at least closer to being a "we have enough cool stuff to distract from how meaningless this is an award show", which people in the know have told me is also how the Grammys work in better years, because its never gonna be a legit award show, what with including games for nominations that basically just came out.

I'd love to see a more legit version of this, but its not happening, not on this scale at least. So I'll take the poor man's E3 if it at least does that (certainly better than the last E3, I'll give them that :V).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic