423 Blocked

You have been blocked for security reasons. This server understood your request, but will not service any requests from your IP address.

function checkViewport () { if (document.cookie.match(/device=desktop/) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Safari/i) && !navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i) && navigator.userAgent.match(/Version\/(13|14|15)/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Android/i) && screen.width >= 800 && screen.width > screen.height && !navigator.userAgent.match(/Mobile/i)) || (screen.width > window.innerWidth && screen.width > 800 && !navigator.userAgent.match(/Android|iPhone/i))) { document.getElementById("viewport").setAttribute("content","width=1275"); } else { document.getElementById("viewport").setAttribute("content",document.getElementById("viewport").getAttribute("data-original")); }}; checkViewport(); window.addEventListener('resize', checkViewport);if (!document.documentElement.matches('.light, .dark')) { if (matchMedia('(prefers-color-scheme: dark)').matches) { document.documentElement.classList.add('dark'); } else if (matchMedia('(prefers-color-scheme: light)').matches) { document.documentElement.classList.add('light'); } }

Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 97,381 to 97,384 of 97,384

Mariotag

@Nep-Nep-Freak Looking at this, can't help but relate.
I despise the block feature.

I'm someone most ppl find annoying, and topping it off, I'm still learning social stuff.
So ofc ppl say some of the most cruel things to me without consequence, and block me.

Mariotag

Tasuki

@WaveBoy Yep thats the problem that I am facing now. I mean granted I get why they want to stay upbeat and positive for a forum I mean we remember the doom and gloom days of the Wii U around here and you want people to want to come to a forum and no one is going to come to a sad depressing doom forum. But still forums as you said should be where people share their opinions and their views good and bad. Its one thing is I was to create a post titled Switch is Dooomed and have no proof to back it up yeah then you can say that I am baiting people, aruging with people. But when I post a post saying Asha Sharma is the worst thing to happen to Xbox since Don Mattrick and I provide proof like her closing down studios and firing devs and just wanting to do the same type of games over and over and stifle the creativity that MS once had, that shouldnt be deleted because its the truth and you cant handle it.

I also get it that as a business point of view they want it to be positive too, they dont want MS getting upset at them for having a bunch of negative posts so there's that too.

But yeah in the end its their forum I feel and if they are going to censor posts, and want that hive mindset thats fine I honestly dont need to be wasting my time posting well thought out posts or responses, I can find other things to do with my time and I dont need that as a threat or being negative its just the truth. Why would I want to waste my time and energy thinking out a well thought out post just to get deleted or ignored as I said that just a waste of time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

WaveBoy

@Tasuki
At this point, I can't sugar coat anything. i just say it like it is. I value honesty, and couldn't be bothered with all of that toxic positivity nonsense. Mindlessly defending video game developers or corporations like Nintendo, Sony(etc) just to fuel one's zany narrative is a complete waste of time. I get wanting to keep things mostly positive and to be a fan of something or some one, but not to the extent where one is ferociously underminding or completely dismissing somebody else's experience or take on said game(etc, whatever) to the point of blocking or ignoring another user because it's derailing their train, ala' the hype riding herd express.

And I don't think I'll get the NS2 by next year either. I'm honestly not excited for anything it has heading it's way or what's currently available, not even Zelda OOT Remake as stunning as it looks. I'm more interested in getting my hands on the NS2 Pro controller for it's HD Rumble 2 and '9'-Axis Gyro, especially. Controller/hardware & tech innovations spike my interest more than the current exclusives themselves. Besides, I still have a solid backlog of NS1 NewWave retro games to play anyways!

Curse of the Moon 2, Blazing Chrome, Pocky & Rocky Reshrined, Cotton Boomerang, Splatterhouse HD Rumble Edition, Ghosts n' Goblins Ressurection. Heck, I'm not even a quarter in Super Mario Oydssey(Although the NS2 version offers higher resolution and 60fps NPC's) and so much more. Oddssey's Lakeside Kingdom's underwater dome and theme song were just magical. Made me feel like a kiddo again. And I think i finally might cave and just buy RE Requiem on PS5 and play it in flatscreen mode(Vs the PCVR mod) simply because i just can't afford to be spending nearly $3700 on a PC(with a 5070 Ti) right now.

But ya, I've fallen into a bit of a weird state of depression in the last two months. Part of it is circumstantial, financial, my auto immune condition that's been kicking my butt since 22, which is really taking it's tole now, finding out about Jaxon passing away, and just turning 42 kind of ticked me off. lol It's that wonderment that slips away as most of us age, and that world(Aside from feeling like a completely different world vs the 80's & 90's) is no longer our oyster the same way it was in our mid 20's. I'm trying to get back to how enthusiastic, excited and optimistic i was for all things video game related even when i was in my late 30's, but the depression and negative thoughts are overriding it all. Heck, i haven't beaten a Switch game since Feb. I've falling off the NintenTracks yet again! I've been dabbling on and off with PSVR2 and that's been it really.

And ya, YouTube's new layout is just trash. It was perfect before, minus the upvote/downvote sytem and YT Content Creaters 'hearting' comments. They just had to muck it all up. It feels like a Smart phone layout hybrid.
Comments have been tucked away as if they're an afterthought, in a pathetic small narrow window which is going to give people LESS incentive to read through comments. lol

And dude, my 65" OLED TV, which i paid like $3200 for back in 2021 is fried(Burn-in galore, i got wreckless. lol), so now I'm gaming on a placeholder set(55" QD Mini-LED, which is actually better in ways, minus motion, no 120fps support and lousier black levels etc), my Beyer Dynamic heaphones finally gave out after 5 years(Right cup produces no sound anymore, probably from a broken or lose driver), My laptops power port connection is now broken etc. lol I can't keep up haha.

[Edited by WaveBoy]

Professional surfer slang maestro at your most bodaciously awesome service!
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420

Tasuki

@WaveBoy Yeah I get what your going through. Not to sound like a broken record I am not finding any joy in the big 3 Nintendo, Sony, MS. I downloaded the Curse of Belmont demo on Switch and that was the first time I played something on Switch in a few months, I believe the last time was in July when Inwas playing Jaws. My Series X I haven't touched in months either and I have quite a few backlog games on that too. Even playing a game with my son has no appeal to me its just the direction these companies are going and how anti-consumer they've become. The closet I have got to a video game is World of Warcraft and quirky indie games on Steam which I am enjoying. I can careless about the new Gears of War the only big game I am looking forward to is Belmont's Curse but I will be getting that on Steam.

I have no interest in Switch 2, Project Helix or PS6 again mainly causes the direction they are going and nothing interests me and after doing some thinking I am not to sad about that. Maybe its because I have gotten back into TTRPGs and that has filled the void so to speak, been playing a few weekly games for the past few months.

Just gotta reevaluate whats important to you and enjoyable maybe even finding something new or something that you enjoyed in the past but haven't done in a while. That sort of thing.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic