Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 73,481 to 73,500 of 96,590

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Don’t worry about it. We all mess up from time to time.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
It happens way too often, something sounding better in your head than it does when said.( not talking about you specifically, this applies to everybody, especially me.)

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Sunsy

Late replies again but it's been a busy couple of days. Firstly, I finally beat Star Wars Dark Forces on PC. I also got hooked watching some cartoon called Jelly Jamm, honestly, it's becoming a bit of a comfort show (genuine question, anyone ever heard of this one? Because I haven't heard of it until last week when stumbling across it on Roku, apparently it was around from 2011-2013). Like it so far, it's about a bunch of alien friends from a planet called Jammbo. Then again, I'm a sucker for cute cartoon creatures, the cast of Jelly Jamm fits that perfectly.

Awesomely, my friend who moved out of state is visiting later this week for some gaming. He's going to be in town, so I'm looking forward to that day and need to prepare some things. We're hoping to get together for Mario day.

Eagly wrote:

Now for an incredibly long makeup because I was sick for the last 3 days
@Sunsy My philosophy is say whatever I want respectfully of course and if someone has a problem with you saying something defend it. If it becomes a repetitive pattern and they never change blocking becomes an option. You should never mistake being polite and being a pushover. I won’t be rude but I will firmly defend my opinion and if people regularly flame you the site you are on is probably toxic and you should leave. I have gotten into a few arguments here especially involving pokemon but eh this is probably the most wholesome place on the internet and I hope the site never becomes so big that these small more friendly discussions stop happening. Because to me the main appeal of this place is I know everyone leading to more interesting conversations than whatever is trending such as this one.

That sounds about right I don’t know the incident you are referring to as it is before my time but some people just like to start things. What are you talking about the best way to know you own a game is if you have a unique image on the blockchain of it /s. I don’t know if you can truly ever own anything digitally or even physically with all the day one updates and dlc now. And the fact disks rot. Eventually the only way to play certain games at all will be trough emulation and I support it emulation is important and if companies refuse to do it someone else should do it in their stead for the art

I plan to watch it this weekend as it turns out I actually did get a bonus an NFT. I’m equally underwhelmed and feeling a general sense of disappointment in humanity. Your mom definitely dodged a bullet as Shrek 3 is the worst shreck movie and isn’t worth viewing. Hope Pib 2 comes to peacock soon

And I definitely have PIB senses

Hope you feel better now.

I agree with all of that, I'm glad my use of the ignore button has been kept to a minimal. Think the forums don't grow as much as say the comments section. I've seen accounts that comment a lot, but have no posts on the forum.

Definitely before your time here. Oh that silly blockchain. NFT stuff reminds me of the time DreamWorks promoted Trolls NFTs, everyone gave them backlash for it to the point where they stopped promoting them. Proud of my fellow Trolls fans. Seriously, I'm waiting for new Trolls merch and this is the best DreamWorks can do? smh

Tangent out of the way, I do feel DRM-free games, like those on GOG are always going to be around. You can back them up and always have them and they work without having an Internet log-in, whereas Steam, you need to authenticate online at least once before playing offline.

Oh dear, a Puss In Boots NFT? So Trolls isn't the only thing DreamWorks did this to? I'd imagine an artbook or something like that. My copy of Trolls World Tour came with that, usually Target does that good bonuses IMO. This Friday, Puss In Boots is coming to Peacock. Looking forward to watching it with my mom.

I knew it!

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy Outside of updates - which apps usually tend to execute on their own unless device settings prevent them from doing so - those online connections probably are just retrieving the latest ads that are paid to appear on the service lol. I do like Crazy Taxi, though I'm horrible at it.

Interesting. Glad you like Crazy Taxi. I use to play it quite a bit on Dreamcast, and I bought it on GameCube and PC later on, even a few times in the arcades when I was younger. PC ports ok, though I prefer the original soundtrack, shame what rights and royalties can do to a game that relied on having licensed music.

It's amazing how I always associate The Offspring's "All I Want" with Crazy Taxi more than whatever band is doing the music in the PC re-release.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy I actually briefly played Doom 2, since I got it from that classic Doom bundle on Steam. I do intend to play more of the Doom games... but right now, I'm kind of on a Mario Kart binge fest, lol!

Ah yeah, I think I remember trying to swim up the waterfall when I was young. My child self in the late 90s was quite the explorative little guy when it came to Super Mario 64. I loved playing Banjo-Kazooie as well, though I wouldn't own it until much later.

That's cool they had all that Marie merchandise. Ah yeah, same here... I used to have a Disney store in my local mall, but it's no longer around, unfortunately. It's been gone for the longest time, since the 90s or early 2000s, don't remember exactly when it closed down. The last time I've been to a Disney store was back in 2018 when I was on vacation. They had a lot of cool stuff there, and they'd have clips of various Disney songs showing on the TV in the background. One of the things I got there was a Belle plush.

Awesome, I always liked Doom 2 more than the first, thanks to its levels, music (map 9, the Pit, is a great tune for the game), and extra weapons. That's cool. BTW, if you like Doom and Star Wars, give Dark Forces a try. I beat it recently and I loved it.

I am glad I'm not the only one who did that. I never played Banjo Kazooie outside the GBA one, I did like it. I remember playing Donkey Kong 64 a lot.

Wow, that's longer than mine. I use to have one in the nearby mall, it closed in 2008, then re-opened in 2009 in a different part of the mall. I miss it, I use to get plushies and shirts there all the time. Internet did make buying Disney shirts a lot easier, that's how I got that Vanellope one. It was always a stop to go to whenever I was at the mall. Along with Hot Topic for MLP stuff, and Build-A-Bear (I got mostly MLP ones and even a Poppy one once there). Last time I was at the mall, it felt different. Like the regular shops I went to were gone. Also GameStop, no matter what you go to the mall for, you always wind up in GameStop, somehow. No really, my mom went to get her iPad checked out at the Apple Store there, and somehow I bought a Wii U game from GameStop without even planning to, lol.

I remember the big TV that Disney Store had, I think that was the first time I saw Sofia the First too. It was a scene where Sofia was with Cinderella. Funny how I didn't think much of it, and then years later I watched the show, and understood that Sofia interacts with all the Disney Princesses.

Nice, I've gotten various plushies there, Vanellope, Anna, and Elsa. I still have them. I even gotten a Pinocchio one while there too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@blindsquarel Yep, I've got some ""roadblocks"" too that make putting words in my head on (digital) paper a little tricky.

dysgraphia awareness human

TeaCatherine

@Snatcher Eh, I decided the easiest thing to do would be to go for a short haired girl kind of look, 'cause I mean it's anime style so some of the male faces looked quite feminine anyway, it was also the playthrough that made me love the assassin class. (Ironically, it was lunatic and it's still ongoing so the whole reason for it failed.)

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

TeaCatherine

@Kermit1 Oh hey, you changed it back from Pepsi, huh?

Anti-Matter

@Colonel_Mustache
I made a thread about Kickboxing games after I felt frustrated to see the developers that still cherry picking in term of making sports games.
I felt disappointed after I found an article about upcoming wrestling game on Switch.
Why wrestling again ??
The developers picked common sports only such as soccer, basketball, golf, tennis, wrestling, etc but still no developer want to pick kickboxing sport.
Why peoples don't like kickboxing ? 😟
Even the boxing games from Olympic Games by SEGA are not really strong enough for my taste despite I have Tokyo Olympics 2020 on PS4.
And thus I made my own kickboxing fantasy to keep my dream stay still. If you take a look my current avatar Arnold the Eagle, that was my vision to see a kickboxing game with cartoonish looking.
Combined with anthro birds as kickboxing fighter in the air (imagine dragon ball fighting games), I think it will be a good kickboxing game.

Also, speaking about sports in real life (not in video games), it seems some peoples still don't want to talk about boxing / kickboxing sports as casual conversations or casual sport choices.
Most common peoples will frowning upon anybody who have interest with boxing / kickboxing with comment "Why do you like that violent sports?"
At the same time, on the other side of country, there are some boxing / kickboxing club for kids open for registration and I saw a lot of kids over there enjoy the sports even though the sports are well known with its violences.
Those group peoples as parents didn't mind to register their kids to get involved in boxing / kickboxing sports like why not.
I felt jealous to see the country like Thailand really like Muay Thai, it's like common thing you will find in Thailand. Kickboxing on almost everywhere.
While here in my country, the peoples still have negative stigma about boxing / kickboxing sports and they choose the common sports than boxing / kickboxing sports.
It sucks to live here in my country Indonesia with less appreciation of boxing / kickboxing sports, like those are dead sports that nobody want to think about. Even the boxing gyms in my hometown Surabaya have been closed since 12 years ago for no appreciation from peoples in Indonesia to support boxing sports.
Used to be there was local boxing fight aired every Friday night on my local TV channel long time ago but now is not anymore.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Colonel_Mustache
Also, talking about other sport like Baseball, that sport is really popular in Japan despite originally from USA. Even Konami still making their Power Pro Baseball games annually.
But, Baseball is completely dead sport in my country Indonesia like literally nobody ever knew that sport, nobody ever want to play that sport, nobody even want to think or talk about that sport.
To see baseball is common thing in Japan, even the sport is included in anime as part of lifestyle, I just felt jealous to see other country from developed countries have more appreciation with more sports variation than the developing countries like my country Indonesia which the peoples have less appreciation with sports variety.
They just only care with common sports that mostly adored by low economy peoples (soccer in this case) and they completely don't care and not open minded with other things.

Anti-Matter

Scooby-Doo

@Anti-Matter No baseball around here either, which is a real shame because it looks kinda fun. Instead we have cricket, which seems similar, but looks more boring.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.
Currently Playing on Switch: Chaos Head Noah, PARANORMASIGHT, Mega Man Series.

card-crunch78

I wish I were home now, I wanna start my art project before I become all “eh, I’ll do it tomorrow”.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Princess_Lilly

@Kermit1 The bubble will protect you
the bubble will keep you safe
the bubble will be there for you
the bubble will not abandon you

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@Eagly Yeah, I just feel like they have a better rapport so I prefer that ship over Eunie x Taion. Also, why does it seem like those two converse way more then all the other heroes and their class inheritors do?
Plus, I never really saw that many romantic undertones between her and Taion.
Also, how did I only work out earlier that Nia and Mio's names are cat puns?

Snatcher

I’m going to reply to you guys, I just have to say one thing first.

Overwatch just got there one punch man collab, and the skins are alright, they’re mostly just re colors to match the characters, which is fine! So how much do you think it cost for just one of those skins? 20 bucks! It’s 20 bucks for what is essentially (Excluding genos) a reskin with a wig, I can’t even see the darn thing bro, I’m just gonna wait for Fortnite to do it lol.

Sorry just needed to vent that!

Edit: forget what I said about genos, his hair isn’t even the same lmao.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Snatcher

@Eagly you can get a game like hollow night for five dollars less, it’s crazy, and get this, all three cost around the same price, as a full 60 dollar game, what a joke! Of course people will buy it anyway, and I don’t care, I want to buy it as well because I like one punch man! However, the price, and the fact that the skins have low effort put into them, I know Fortnite will probably do this later down the line, and will not only look like the characters, but will be cheaper too.

Like my god they couldn’t even bother to change the weapons! They just re skinned the weapons! Can you at least Change the one thing that I’m seeing?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

TeaCatherine

@Eagly Oh, yeah I mean I knew about that last one but even that one is, in my opinion, seemed more like Taion had a crush on Eunie, to me it said nothing about if she felt the same way.
Plus, I only ship them because pretty much every one of their interactions is great.
I know which is more likely to happen out of Eunie x Taion and Eunie x Ashera, though.

G'night.

card-crunch78

My daily Switch online list:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (10 worldwide races)
2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (amiibo journey between 6-10 PM)
3. Splatoon 3 (reach at least 2 catalog levels up)

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic