Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 64,341 to 64,360 of 68,267

Kermit1Pineapple

@Anti-Matter I might try exercise biking to that. RIP my legs.

@Keveseunie I like friending people I know on Switch (I don't play much multiplayer too)

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

"To dream the impossible dream to fight the unbeatable foe to bear with unbearable sorrow and to run where the brave dare not go."

Fizza

@Kermit1 I just wanted to ask a quick favour of you: would you mind changing your PFP just until the Mario Movie trailer drops? There's a lot of people who don't want to see what he looks like before tomorrow and I'm just trying to look out for them. You've done absolutely nothing wrong though, don't worry!

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Kermit1Pineapple

@Fizza OH FRICK I"M SO SO SORRY!!!!!!!!!

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

"To dream the impossible dream to fight the unbeatable foe to bear with unbearable sorrow and to run where the brave dare not go."

Fizza

@Kermit1 Don't be! It was an honest mistake of you not realising it was leaked and that's it.

On the topic though, I do wonder what Luigi's going to look like though, especially considering Charlie Day is voicing him (which is one of the best casting decisions I've ever seen by the way).

Kermit1Pineapple

@Fizza I think I found leaked concept art of Luigi voiced by Charlie Day
Untitled

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Kermit1Pineapple

To touch on the topic of "working out/weight". I have really wide shoulders and the rest of my body filled out from there, I'm not fat it just looks that way because I'm wide lol.

Here's an idea of what I look like (I drew it in 2 seconds):
Untitled

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Fizza

@Kermit1
Untitled
Also, you've just reminded me of how badly I want to see It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The clips I've seen of that show are absolutely hilarious yet I've never been able to find it available here in Ireland. Guess I'll have to go hunting for whichever streaming service has it ¯(ツ)

Kermit1Pineapple

@Fizza Disney+... In Canada... Get a VPN... I Guess... You didn't hear it from me...

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Fizza

@Kermit1 Thank you very much, I'll definitely look into it!

Kermit1Pineapple

@Eel I gotta get mine soon. Once my pharmacy gets power.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

reporterdavid

@Kermit1 allright, they are shooting this series now in Holland. Had the chance to be in it, (did it twice) but don't know if I would love to continue in it. don't watch series that often. Sometimes I like movies more because they have more reruns and they are mostly done in 3 hours or less.

Would love to be a extra in a Marvel or Starwars movie. but yeah.

Tomorrow its time for the Mario Movie. wahoo!

Edited on by reporterdavid

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - Nr 3.... ( Transvision 2022)

Tyranexx

@Sunsy The benefit of making things from scratch IMO are that you know exactly what's going into the result. Though I can't deny that box mixes save a LOT of time. XD I just made a batch of brownies and refrigerated them for this weekend since I won't have time between now and then to deal with them.

Winter 2014 was cold as well as snowy. That's why the first big snow stuck around for so long. The roads were bad enough (I lived in a rural area then) that it wasn't safe to travel without much of anything except tractors and other heavy equipment. We had one or two big snows last winter, but nothing on the scale it seems you received. I take it you're closer to the Northeast or East Coast, which did seem to get more than its fair share of the white stuff.

@Keveseunie I actually did dip into the XC3 thread a time or two long before the game launched, but I was warned off since I hadn't quite finished XC2 and Torna then lol. Then I didn't get to the game until a week after it launched since my preorder didn't arrive until that Monday (Wouldn't have bothered preordering if I hadn't managed to land the Special Edition), plus it was also a very busy week.

I am fine with some forms of spoilers - such as with gameplay and mechanics - but I love being in the dark as much as possible in terms of plot, character development, and (to a lesser extent) exploration.

@blindsquarel As a formerly obese person who is now within the normal BMI range for their height/sex (though BMI isn't the only measure for health and can be inaccurate in many cases), you've received some great advice so far on the weight loss subject. Inviting them to work out with you would be a great approach! Sometimes taking that first step is the hardest thing, so not going it alone can certainly help. Exercise is beneficial in so many ways. Just don't make the mistake I did early on and go full-on cardio; incorporate some strength training in there to at least maintain your muscle mass, or else you'll seriously start having some strength issues and atrophied muscles. Unfortunately, the human body will take its calorie deficits from more than just the "extra" that we wanna get rid of.

A big facet of weight loss is also how one eats. I'm by no means an expert - I merely put in a lot of research - but the best eating plan is a sustainable, long-term one. Not anything that intentionally cuts out certain foods or food groups unless it's due to allergy reasons, a food intolerance, or recommended by a doctor or dietician. I'm by no means a perfect eater, but I try to stick with whole, minimally processed foods most of the time, limit (but haven''t cut out) sugar, and mostly stick with lean meat...and occasionally some plant protein instead.

I've mostly just listed the things that have worked for me; it's all been gradual over the last five years, though most of my significant weight loss occurred in 2017-2019. Every body is different. Sometimes there's a lot more at play, such as genetics, sex differences, hormonal imbalances, disabilities, certain disorders such as hypothyroidism, etc., that can make weight loss more difficult for some compared to others. Remember: Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. The only "shortcuts" advertised out there are trying to sell something.

@Takoda This is a public forum, so it's perfectly fine. I fully knew what I was doing when I typed my post. Believe me, your input is appreciated. Life isn't easy, but it is worth fighting for.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys Origin (Switch), 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

blindsquarel

@Tyranexx
I made the same mistake you did with only doing cardio. Luckily I have switched to a more balanced routine with both weights and cardio. My latest issue is losing weight to fast, sue to lack of eating enough. But I have figured out how to get that fixed now. Thanks for the advice.

Currently Playing: Pokémon white
“ who dares to stand up to Vandal Savage, destroyer of worlds”
“ Leonard Snart, Robber of ATM’s

Kermit1Pineapple

ARG, my left ear bud in my wired Sony buds went. Welp now I'm stuck with a pair of cheap Bluetooth headphones and wired Sony headphones.

Normally Sony is good for me but, I guess not this time.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Keveseunie

@Kermit1
Alright, I'll add you as a friend later today.
You'll recognize me as I use the same name on Switch as I do here.
I suspect your friend code is in your signature? (Thought they all started with SW)

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

Anti-Matter

Well, the Pokemon Scarlet / Violet just now was.... so-so. Not really exciting but not boring also.
I will get the game but will play them casually as my bigger interest is on other games.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1Pineapple

@Keveseunie That's my ACNH Dodo code I'll give you my friend code in a bit.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic