Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,621 to 61,640 of 61,789

Eel

I’m watching the 101 Dalmatians again, for like the 101th time, and I’m always amused by the fact that Roger got rich with what is essentially a diss track, and that it was apparently released to the public before they even found out Cruella was behind it all.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioLover92

@Tyranexx Ouch, that's too bad. If only they started you out on Luigi Circuit! I've played most of the Mario Kart games myself, the only ones I never played were the Arcade GP sequels and Mario Kart Live. I did play a bit of Mario Kart Tour, but I didn't like the touch controls and my phone couldn't really handle running it anyway.

@Grumblevolcano Yeah more tracks from MKDD and MKW would be great! I generally want to see any of my favorite courses come to the BCP in general.

@ChameleonBros Ohhhh, that's a great point you brought up. They're both themed after Toad, after all! Those four Double Dash courses you brought up would fit in nicely with the BCP - DD has my favorite Bowser's Castle course.

@Eel It's been years since I've seen 101 Dalmatians, but I loved watching it when I was very young. I still have the old VHS somewhere!

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Eel

@MarioLover92 along with Jurassic Park and Brave, it’s part of the very select group of random movies I download to every one of my Apple devices. It’s like, my offline digital movie starter pack.

I managed to get the digital version when they had them on sale before they ultimately removed all the Disney movies from iTunes. But I do also have it on vhs and dvd.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I wonder if Disney is still willing to make video games for modern consoles like other cartoon franchises from Cartoon Network, Dreamworks and Nickelodeon (most of the games published by OG Games).

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tremblucay

@Anti-Matter @Eel
I for one am happy Disney is no longer making tie-in video games.
They were usually pretty bad because they were rushed to be released alongside the movies they were based on.

Silenzio, Bruno!

Sunsy

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Yeah! Not surprised you enjoy it considering you're an Amy Rose fan.

Yeah, now I'm reminded, I have a classic Amy mod for Sonic Adventure, that completely replaces Amy's model with her classic look.

@Eel I'm never going to look at Cruella's song the same way ever again.

@Tremblucay Love the avatar BTW, Luca is one of my favorite movies.

Sorry, I disagree. Firstly, I do enjoy cartoon tie-in games, played both the new My Little Pony game and Smurfs Mission Vileaf, honestly loved them both. Also, I remember Disney having some rather good games. Cars was basically Need for Speed, complete with an open world. Chicken Little, I ended up liking it more than the movie. I don't hate the movie at all, but the game was just a really fun platformer.

On a related note I do miss cartoon tie-ins on console and PC, still feel bummed out Trolls Pop was mobile only and I can never play it again. OG seems to have the DreamWorks license given the upcoming Dragons game and that Spirit game, but it's two years too late for Trolls. Unless Trolls 3 by chance gets a game, sequel next year.

Still impressed at how polished Smurfs Mission Vileaf was, that was a good platformer that captured the Smurfs universe perfectly IMO.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Tremblucay

Sunsy wrote:

@Tremblucay Love the avatar BTW, Luca is one of my favorite movies.

Thank you, kind person. 🤗
For the longest time E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial was my all-time favorite movie, but last year Luca took that spot. I can't stop watching it. It's so charming and such a lovely heartwarming story.

Edited on by Tremblucay

Silenzio, Bruno!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Chicken Little video game?
Are you sure because I was disappointed by Chicken Little PS2 with very hard gameplay during the latest part. The Ace in Action I played on Wii version was way better than the first game but still pretty difficult.

I believe Microids as publisher of Smurfs Mission Vileaf was able to pick the right developer to make new Smurf game with great gameplay. As long Microids didn't pick Magic Pockets as developer (Jake Power NDS, My Universe School Teacher, etc), the games will be fine. Also, there will be upcoming horse riding game by Microids, Horse Tales at the end of year 2022. It looked great as BOTW environments from the trailer I watched recently.

About OG Games, I have added more games by OG Games such on my list such as The Last Kids on the Earth, Trollhunters, PJ Masks, Ice Age, Ben 10 Power Trip, etc as I want to try something new with a little bit stepping from my comfort zone (I picked The Last Kids on the Earth for having zombie theme despite I don't like zombie things, I picked Ben 10 Power Trip despite I'm not fan of Ben 10 cartoon series, I picked Trollhunters despite I have never knew about that franchise). Have you played other games by OG Games ?

One more thing.
Could you tell my apologize to @MarioLover92 as I found he put me in ignore list after he replied me about zelda quote "It's dangerous to go alone" I made from previous post ?
I realized when I clicked on his avatar to see his latest comments, I saw nothing but I still able to see his comments on here and other threads and it seems he didn't reply back my feedback.
I didn't mean to upset him from my recent comments, or maybe I posted some comments on other threads how was I felt annoyed by the conversations by a lot of users here about xenoblade 3, splatoon 3, BOTW 2. I knew there will be a lot of conversations about those bigger games on Nintendo Switch during this month but I felt annoyed at the same time to see peoples keep talking those games that I have zero interest about. When I tried to bring discussion about the games I played recently, no one even care about and it made me felt isolated. 😟

I have different gaming hype during this year and it still have been built since from pandemic 2020 when my enthusiasm with Nintendo Switch games slowly get decreased to see latest Nintendo's attempts on their upcoming games but my gaming hype with PS3 + PS4 + PS5 are getting boosted during this year as I found more and more 3rd party multi console games for kids getting PS4 & PS5 release.
I think it was crazy to see myself from year 2017 when I was really mad about PS4 for having less kids games without my proper acknowledge and really defending Nintendo Switch, but to see myself on this year after owning Switch for almost 5 years and PS4 for 4 years, I saw my gaming hype has been switched. Now I have hype more on PS4 than Switch after I saw some not good business practice from Nintendo Switch, it made me nervous about Nintendo Switch.
Have you ever think about some of not good Nintendo's decision during this year?

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@Sunsy I have no problem with her current outfit or anything, but I have always preferred the original, it was much more colorful, and she had a lighter pink.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Zuljaras

My Skeleton Glass Castlevania project is almost done!!! It only need a paint job!

Untitled

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

korosanbo

@Anti-Matter I feel like some people get upset by the fact that you go into threads where they talk about games you don't like and you start saying you have no interest in them
I think by now, everybody on this site knows what you like because you keep posting it everywhere and that's fine, you like what you like
But for example, I don't like Metroid games, so you don't see me going into a Metroid thread and start saying how much I don't like Metroid
If someone blocked you, sadly, you just gotta move on

korosanbo

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
I felt guilty since used to be I have good relationship with MarioLover92 when we were playing ACNH Online and I like to help him in completing his art gallery or giving him the items he need. 😟

I found he had removed me from ACNH when I turned on my ACNH just now. I felt bad for ruining the relationship between us. 😔
The last time he replied me when I made some random post about zelda quote + Sailor Moon videos as I tried to mimick user ogo79 with his habit of posting random post with zelda quote + random photos. Maybe he was upset too for keep hearing my comments about liking Ratchet & Clank games more than 3D Mario games. I didn't say 3D Mario games was bad but I prefer something that I genuinely have more interest from two different things.
Also, I still keep saying I don't like zelda games but I don't mind with the other games with a little bit similarity with zelda games as long I don't play zelda games directly.

Pardon of my awkwardness.

Btw, do you play ACNH or ARMS ?
Maybe we can play together via Online play.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

korosanbo

@Anti-Matter I understand, sorry if I sounded a little harsh before
I don't have neither Animal Crossing or Arms, sorry. I'm not into life sims or fighting games.
I tried playing New Leaf when I had a 3DS and it was nice for a bit, but I like games with an ending and a set goal as I sometimes lose interest very quickly if the game doesn't hold my attention.
I'm more into platformers (mostly 3D ones) and action adventure games like Zelda
I'm not sure I'm into rpgs, I played a little and I have yet to play any Final Fantasy game
I do mostly try to stay away from M rated games as well as I am squirmish about blood and excess violence or oversexualized characters, but I do like games like Persona which have a lot of adult themes

I have nothing against kids games, I just think they'll be WAY too easy for as I've been gaming for a long time. I love easy games, but when it's too easy, it gets a little boring.
I did order Origami King from Target once and got a Paw Patrol game instead but I returned it, but that's about the only kid game I only had (even if it was for 5 minutes lol)
I do like to read your posts, they bring a lot of variety to this website

Edited on by korosanbo

korosanbo

Zuljaras

@korosanbo No matter how many times or how accurate you are in your explanation he will never change his behavior towards other people tastes and opinions.

As you can see he is getting lonelier each passing day because of that.

Yes it is true that he must work harder on his behavior because of his condition but it is not impossible. The only fact is that there is zero willingness to do it on his end.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Sunsy

@Tremblucay You're welcome! I remember seeing the movie last year at my friend's house. We had to do an errand, when we got home, had some popcorn and watched the movie. My mother's side of the family is Italian, so I had fun with it being set in Italy. It was a beautiful friendship story too.

@Anti-Matter I didn't find Chicken Little all that difficult. I did find it easier than Tak and the Power of Juju as I rented that back then. Same developer, Avalanche Studios. I think the hardest might have been the car mission IIRC, it's been years since I've played it. My favorite level was the spaceship level where you played as Abby Mallard. Being able to flap her wings made her my favorite to play as.

Cool, honestly, I think the My Little Pony game might be the only OG game I play. Usually with cartoon tie-ins I usually play based on characters, shows, and movies I like. I might consider trying the Spirit game if the price drops, mostly because I side with the unpopular "I like Spirit Untamed" opinion. Honestly, I'm just wishing for a Trolls game at this point. Having a mobile game that got discontinued is a disservice to fans, especially when they loved playing Trolls Pop.

Anti-Matter wrote:

Have you ever think about some of not good Nintendo's decision during this year?

Not really, mostly because there's lots of games to play. If there's not much new that interests me, I can play an older game I may have missed out on or forgot about. I don't limit myself to upcoming games. Some Christmas seasons, I've gotten old games than the newest current one, and I'm pretty happy with that as it's a game I wanted to play.

@Snatcher Cool, I like both her styles. A few Christmases ago, I actually got an Amy shirt as a gift and she was in her classic style too. Was a grey shirt that said 25th Anniversary on it. Fun shirt to wear.

@korosanbo I have to agree with this. There's games I don't like and I really don't go to people telling them how I feel about it. I use to have people do that to me at an old gaming forum, people use to rub in my face how a game I like is bad, and I didn't want to hear it because I like said game.

Amusing part is, most of those people went by what reviews said and never actually played said game.

If I don't like something and someone asks, I'll just say "it's not for me" instead of getting forceful with viewpoints. If I like something, I'll explain why. Not everything has to be a multi-paragraph in-depth review. Sometimes it could be a simple reason.

Sunsy

korosanbo

@Zuljaras I'm not trying to change him. I think he's quite a nice person, I try to stay optimistic and see the best in people as much as I can I can be headstrong about things as well, but I like how welcoming the community is here. I usually don't post in online forums, but everyone here is so nice
BTW, that thing you're making looks interesting. I'd love to see it once it's done

@Sunsy We each have our own tastes in gaming and everything else, and saying "it's not for me" should be enough. You needn't explain your reasons for not liking a game. For example, I never found Final Fantasy appealing, can't tell you why. I might try it in the future, or maybe not.

Edited on by korosanbo

korosanbo

Fizza

I can't stop getting leak report videos for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet on completely unrelated search terms and it's really bothering me (one of them came under me looking for The Great Ace Attorney Adventures OST, help me).

Trying to avoid them is like trying to avoid the sun: only really possible if you're an extreme recluse.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Kermit1

@Fizza try hitting "Don't Recommend This Channel" (or whatever it's called) do that a few times and it might stop the problem. worked for me (btw I think the leaks are fake, for now)

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

MarioLover92

@Eel That's cool. I know that Disney+ has a feature like that, where you'd download a movie right to your device. I've done that before and it's honestly really cool that they let you do that. It especially comes in handy when you're on a plane trip or something.

@Sunsy Nice - I do like Amy's old look quite a bit, as well. I've always liked the older character designs of all the Sonic characters, back in the Genesis era. Same with Mario and his pals when the SNES was around! It's part of the reason why I love the modern 2D renders of all the Mario characters as well.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic