Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,601 to 61,620 of 96,524

WoomyNNYes

Helped teach a kid how to ride a bike on a quarterpipe today at a local skatepark. He was about 12 years old, and kept going up the ramp and sliding out at the top when he'd try to bunnyhop and turn. I've never seen anyone in my life screw it up like he was.🤣 The ramp is slippery, though, and he didn't know what he was doing. After I told him a couple things to focus on, he started getting the hang of the bunnyhop turn at the top of the five foot tall quaterpipe(two meters-ish). He was so psyched. It was pretty cool to see. I'm glad I was there. He said thanks so many times. I was glad I could share the sercrets. I remember how effing clueless I was when I was learning. I was about the same age, too, when I was learning to ride the 6 foot quarterpipe my brother built.

I'm psyched for the beach trip coming up. Taking the switch to play with the nieces. Oh crap, they have a switch now too. I forgot. There's an ok cement skatepark by the place, plenty of nature, and the weather isn't hot AF like it is most years. I love the drive to the beach. The drive takes up most of the day. First hour of driving is garbage, but the rest is great.

Hey there, @roy130390. I haven't had much to say in the past few months, but I still check forum and chit chat thread. Kind of bored of all my games lately, except for Rocket League. Very much looking forward to Splatoon 3.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

Morning.
I have returned and.... It's raining outside. 🌧😑

@WoomyNNYes
"Kind of bored of all my games lately"

Have you tried Animal Crossing New Horizons?

@Grumblevolcano @blindsquarel
Nintendo should make their Switch Sports game like Go Vacation by Bandai Namco where you can free roaming in several different resorts area and there are a lot of sports and indoor / outdoor activities to be played.

Anti-Matter

tekoii

@Tyranexx For sure! XC3 is gonna be mind-boggling as usual lol. Ahh nice nice, how're you enjoying Dread so far? I love Metroid but I feel like they revealed all the cool new stuff before releasing it. I also kinda feel like the EMMI kinda bogged the pace down a bit. But meh meh, have fun with it, it's still a great and well developed game, plus they added that sweet boss rush!

@Sunsy Ahh, I feel like I've seen some stuff on RWBY on Twitter, but I don't know much about it. I saw some character with a crazy scythe thing lol.

@MarioLover92 Dang sounds like it was a ball! Gotta get in on those races with you guys, gotta get @Sunsy on it too! Though, probably gonna stream it up, been a while since I've done a MK8D stream. Plus, wave 2 has got to be right around the corner, with that 711 thing and all!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

blindsquirrel

@Anti-Matter
That would be really cool. I thought switch sports would have had something like that, but I guess that was to much effort for Nintendo.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Sunsy

@roy130390 I'm doing well thanks for asking. Actually been really good as I got to see Trolls World Tour at a local theater. I have it on DVD, but always wanted to see it on the big screen. Also started playing Mario+Rabbids after that trial. Hope things are well with you.

@Snatcher Yeah, a friend recommended XCom awhile back, and haven't gotten around to playing any of the games. Actually, checking Steam, I have two of the XCom games. Must of been a free offer Steam had at one point. Maybe I should check them out sometime.

Sounds like a plan to me. I can't count how many times I start a game, only to restart it because I forgotten about it.

@seaboyluca Indeed. Actually, I used the spoilers in a humorous way in that post. I usually will say it's actual spoilers. For example when I said "Trolls spoilers" in the movie thread. In event someone hasn't seen the movie. Even if something is old, there's a good chance someone hasn't seen or play it.

@tekoii Yeah, a friend showed me the show awhile back. He actually is excited for the Paladins RWBY stuff, he's a big fan of it.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

So many pings in this thread....I feel loved!

@MarioLover92 Nope, the game isn't out until the 29th. It'll be here before we know it. It'll be hard for me to ignore Live A Live in the meantime, but there's no way I'd finish the game before XC3 launches. I will warn you - the Xenoblade series as a whole is amazing, but the games aren't short barring Torna (XC2 prequel), which I still put about 30 hours into. Very good stories, but it's so easy to get sidetracked.

I'll mention Origami King in here when I do get around to it. I only picked up the game a couple of months ago and originally intended to play it around then. Didn't happen. (This is where I'm lazy-tagging @BruceCM 's response)

On Thanos: As do I. I wonder about him sometimes.

@NintendoByNature I agree; October is already quite crammed! Unfortunately, it's also the month where I game less due to other commitments.

@bimmy-lee I'm doing pretty well overall, been trying to work through an interesting health issue - occasional maintenance insomnia that doesn't have an explanation 50% of the time. Other than that, all is good. Glad to read that Family Bim is doing well! Crazy that both kids will be in school this fall! Sounds like the basement was quite the project, but you're on the downward slide now. No hurry on those retro area pics, but I'd love to see them when the setup is all done and dusted.

@roy130390 Same to you! I do notice a post of yours once in awhile, but I admit I don't often stray much outside of the General forum and the occasional low-octane comment section these days. I'm definitely not as active as I used to be. Wonder if I'm getting old? XD

@tekoii I'm really enjoying Metroid Dread so far, I just got to the part where Samus discovers that the X parasite is confirmed to still exist. I intentionally steered clear of some of the pre-release content, so I went into the game somewhat blind. I do agree that the E.M.M.I encounters mess with the pacing a bit...especially when the player doesn't hit a checkpoint for awhile. The death robots aside, it's an enjoyable Metroid game and one of the better ones so far IMO.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea for sure. Stinks its all jam packed! I usually get more busy come November than October.

NintendoByNature

Eel

Thanos sometimes looks like he’s active on the Xbox. I tried messaging him once there, but no replies so far.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Heh, 1st world problems....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@Sunsy Your friend has really good taste it seems, and to just own them on steam like that? Pc gaming really is another world.

I jump from game to game often, so forgetting is my nature.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

OMG!
My game order Youtubers Life 2 PS4 from playasia has been arrived today.
It was 2 weeks earlier than my prediction! 😱
I'm not ready yet to play Youtubers Life 2 after I played the Switch version first.
I still have difficult task to get at least 10,000 subscribers for the first mission to upgrade the rank into Bronze league.
How do I get 10,000 subscribers within 2 weeks in game? 😣

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Rambler

Link-Hero wrote:

@Eel
That's good to hear. At least we know he's still alive, or at least hope it's him and not a family member or a random stranger.

Sounds like the premise for a Netflix series

Rambler

Anti-Matter

Hiya!
I got Youtubers Life 2 PS4 from play-asia this afternoon. 😃
Untitled

The game was arrived 2 weeks earlier from my prediction. 😱
I was excited but also I have to pay again some money after some games purchase last two weeks ago. 😣
Also, now I have two version of Youtubers Life 2, on PS4 and Switch version. 😁
Untitled

The base game version 1.03 on PS4 version was 1.7 GB and became 4.66 GB after update version 1.05. It was smaller than the number displayed on back cover (6 GB).
From gameplay technical and frame rate, the PS4 version was way smoother than Switch version and have more stable 60 fps. 😄
Well... My Switch version of Youtubers Life 2 will be retired after this, it will be back up games. 😏
Btw, this is my looking in Youtubers Life 2 PS4.
Untitled

I named with my real name David and I named my YouTube channel in the game with DE-STRAD, based on DDR SuperNOVA alias name.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Hope everyone's doing well today!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Sunsy

@Snatcher Yeah, from time to time, Steam and GOG sometimes giveaway free games, and XCom was one of them. During GOG's summer sale, I got a Shantae game for free. A few years ago, GOG gave away Eye of the Beholder Trilogy for free as part of a Dungeons & Dragons promo (great deal as it was a pack of three dungeon crawler games). Often times games are given away as part of a promotion.

@TheJGG I am doing well, it's hot today, but otherwise, doing well today. Hope things are well with you.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

Rambler wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

@Eel
That's good to hear. At least we know he's still alive, or at least hope it's him and not a family member or a random stranger.

Sounds like the premise for a Netflix series

I dunno... I see that he sometimes has recent times as his last login, but no activity otherwise. So I wouldn't be surprised if his xbox is just being used to watch movies or something.

I does give me that feeling that maybe it's not him after all.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Losermagnet

@TheJGG well thank you and a good day to you too. How goes the studio ghibli movies? I'm a big fan with my favorites being Nausicaa, My Neighbor Totoro, Whisper of the Heart, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away.

I've had a kind of crummy last month but I've got a job interview in the pipeline and it seems like a good opportunity. I'm a bundle of nervous energy lol.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic