Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 46,241 to 46,260 of 96,538

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Oh gotcha, I must've overlooked or forgot about that. My bad.

But yeah, I think he'd be a great addition to the SSBU roster for sure.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Ghostchip

@Blooper987 dude there are too many ace attorney games I have to beat lol. Yeah I'm in the final case of investigations right now actually! I thought that the case in the airplane was really neat as well as the one in gate water land. Edgeworth was always interesting so it was a cool take on a good character. I'm excited for dual destinys and spirit of justice but I'm playing them last on my phone (dlc is free on mobile). I'm also midway through justice for all as well.

Gobble gobble

porto

I'm glad the chit-chatting's back up again

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@Ghostchip It's a fantastic game and I honestly really appreciate the new Funky mode because it's a hard game too. But as to worth it, that's up to you. Idk your money situation.

I'm sure you could find it used now.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

@Wavey84
yep all of what you said lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Heavyarms55

Oh what a lovely morning! I guess I shouldn't complain about my sleep issues when I get up to the news of 2 family members in Michigan having COVID as well as one of their roommates.

2020 sucks. Man what even is the world right now?

Zuljaras

@Heavyarms55 There were much darker times in the world history or even in the last 20 years so I think it will be ok.

The worst thing is how much people lost their jobs.

But I am saying this because here in my country the situation is perfect comparing it to the USA regarding COVID.

Were there any quarantines there? I mean people are forbidden to go outside without a permission from the authorities? There were things like that here.

Heavyarms55

@Zuljaras When I talk about this year sucking, I am referring to everything. The virus, the economy, the political issues, my own personal issues. 2020 has absolutely sucked. Yes we've had some great games and anime but I can't say that balanced out.

No, America never did anything more than state level very limited restrictions and most have all been lifted before they mattered. Also it's become political, with a large fraction of people either denying reality or just refusing to follow what limited rules there are.

Such a stark contrast from when I lived in Japan. It's no coincidence that in Japan they've had far fewer issues. It wasn't perfect but nothing like this clusterf***!

Zuljaras

@Heavyarms55 I admit 2020 was not particularly good year but for me it is mostly because of COVID.

This year was actually better for me than most others

"Also it's become political" do you mean that people are saying such quarantine restrictions are hurting their freedom? If that the case they are idiots and should get some nice fines. Idiots should be treated as idiots.

GilbertXI

@Heavyarms55 Ah Japan. Most people don't act like *****, at least in public. Could be worse, we could have a government incapable of change period.

GilbertXI

Heavyarms55

@Zuljaras I don't want to get into too many details on this site. But the short form is that people claim that either the whole thing is either overblown or entirely fake just to hurt their preferred politicians. And they disregard hard data by claiming it's all faked. When people's "argument" is that all the evidence is false or all scientists and professionals are part of a conspiracy to fake this, there is no rational conversation left to have. Normally I wouldn't care but that irrational behavior endangers those around them.

And yes, I know for some individuals this year has been fine or even good.

@GilbertXI It's not limited to the government, it's a cultural thing. People in Japan simply value society and the group much more. America is all about individuals. There's a mentality of "if it's not directly affecting me right now, I shouldn't have to care. It's their problem, why do I have to do anything?"

In Japan if there is a societal problem the general thought is, okay let's do what we need to to fix it, or at least contain it because if it's good for them, it's probably in my best interest too. There is also a sense of "I don't want to be the guy who messes things up"

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 I sometimes get a sense you over generalize and let your own experience bias paint large swaths of folks with the same brush.
I don't have any friends, family, or colleagues that view covid in the way you're describing. Maybe it's just locally, or you're talking about the vocal minority. They're typically given way too much attention than they warrant.
I also can think of many instances in my town, state, and region where people band together after natural disasters, housefires, food drives.

I'm not knocking you, I'm just pointing out that the whole country and average US citizen likely is not what you've said you've experienced. But that's my personal opinion.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Year 2020 is cursed.
It supposed to be Rat Year Big Luck
But it turned into Rat Year Bad Luck
And i swear COVID19 must DIE !

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@GilbertXI That's fair.

@HobbitGamer I have two things to draw on, my experience and what I read about. And these support those positions. Not saying I like it. And based on those two things, I am more right than wrong.

I fully admit that my experience and the news/internet and education are limited and flawed, but it is all I have to work with.

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 You do you, brudda. Just remember that if you only draw from a poisoned well, you're always gonna feel like crap.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Heavyarms55

@HobbitGamer Not sure how I can change that. Reality is what it is.

Eel

I slipped and bought an iPod Touch. Oops. A complete accident. Of course.

Anyway... I noticed I use my iPad as a music player, a lot. Except, even though it's a Mini, it's still quite big, which is not optimal for taking it out and about. I plan to use this iPod as a dedicated music player, and leave the iPad free for other tasks.

I may install a game or two... Though I bought the cheapest model, so I may have limited space for the music alone as it is.

Watch Apple go and announce a new better model for the same price next week.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

@Wavey84
happy birthday punk!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic