Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,561 to 29,580 of 96,309

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX ...Can one really spoil the tale of Aladdin? Or any Disney children's tale?
Suprise, Jafar was Genie's sister the whole time.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, some parts are different, much like with Dumbo. But besides that, it's about the principle. You simply always take into account that other people haven't seen a particular movie or TV show, much like how you would not spoil any game's story and how that unfolds.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I haven't seen Endgame...soooo....
In the new Dumbo, does the elephant discover a sense of empowerment by embracing his uniqueness rather than letting him be beaten down by others' opinions?
A spoiler would really be Empire Strikes Back, or Sixth Sense, or Dreamhouse. Not a Disney fable

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer And you REALLY expected the bad guy to win?

I like rules to apply to any and all media, not let some media be exempt from that rule just because it's a Disney movie and/or a cartoon. Spoilers are spoilers. The ONLY exception is the Titanic.

We all know it sunk...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX to be fair, When I was in line for a different movie with my dad, two girls behind me argued with each other because one didn’t know that the ship sunk. Or that it was a real ship.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

Looking good @Anti-Matter , hope you enjoyed it even more the second time. What do you prefer, the animated originals, or the new live action remakes?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
I prefer the Live Action remake version than the cartoon version for Aladdin. 😀
A lot of changes and improvements.
If in the cartoon version there were too many ununecessary silliness, the Live Action remake had proper silliness, not too caricature.
Chasing by Giant parrot Iago that destroying the Agrabah + Sandstorm from Jafar were more thrilling than facing with Giant snake from Jafar + Jasmine trapped inside giant hour glass.
I still cried once again for second time watching Aladdin set the Genie free and became human.That was very touching moment, the kindness that made me cry in happiness.
The only thing that i still prefer from cartoon version is A Whole New World by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle, nothing can beat the original epicness of 90's version of A Whole New World.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Anti-Matter - I haven’t heard the new version, but I agree that the original A Whole New World is epic. I saw all the old Disney classics as a kid, and now I’m starting to make my way through some of the 90s classics with my kids. The live action movies are too much for them right now, but we’ll watch them some day. I guarantee I will think of you when the day comes that I watch Aladdin free the Genie.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok I know nobody cares but I finally snagged preorders for the new Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune statues. It is so hard to get their merch at a decent price. I just needed to get that out. Carry on.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Were these girls drunk, blonde or both?

On a completely unrelated side note: I see a couple of people are now all of a sudden discussing uranus.
I hope it doesn't make you feel too uncomfortable...

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Just keep to remember if Uranus name was from Ouranus, God of the Sky from Greek mythology, grandfather of Zeus.
Stupid peoples keep toying that Uranus name into inappropriate jokes.
It just only a mythology name.

Oh, actually i have my own Planetary heroes.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Greek name was Ouranus because they shared.

It rained last night after 16 days. It lasted one hour. Just enough to make the weeds grow more.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Preaching to the choir, my boy. I know FAR more about these things than you. Greek mythology is not only a hobby of mine, I actually took a course in it.

And regardless, it's still a good joke. But apparently, you seem to think that just because people make jokes about a word, that they don't seem to know what it means or what it's actual origins is. Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I do, and so do most of us.

So, I'd rather say that it's the people that don't understand that you can make a joke, and STILL understand or know the original word or name, that are stupid for not understanding that.

Live and learn, sport. Although you probably never will...

Oh, and by the way: it's not Ouranus, but Ouranos. And he wasn't the "God of the sky", but the Primal God of the Heavens. BIG difference, my friend.

Kinda disappointed that you didn't know that...

HobbitGamer

My friend is gonna pay me $100/month to mow and weed her 1/4 acre every two weeks. Nice

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer I thought you were supposed to smoke weed, and get wacky FROM it, not to wack it and throw it away...
(edit: in all seriousness, though: good deal you made there)

And what did you mean with the comment about Ouranos and sharing? Didn't quite get that...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Octane

Uranus is the god of bums and butts.

Octane

NintendoByNature

@ReaderRagfish hopefully you missed the spoilers of Aladdin 😂. That was a topic yesterday. And maybe something else. Can't remember

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic