Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,521 to 29,540 of 96,481

bimmy-lee

Mind blown by the Spanish dub translation of the Fresh Prince song. I’m going to read that repeatedly. I’m wondering now if there was different musical accompaniment in the Spanish version.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ogo79

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - Shotgun!

you want front row seats to the beatings...a masochist i see

Tyranexx wrote:

@ogo79 I lay claim to all sushi at the buffet.

ill decline the shotgun. you can have all the sushi

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

Just for fun here’s also the google translate version

And this is history
Bring attention
How my life was transformed
It changed from top to bottom what I never thought
And I became the prince of all Bel-Air.

In Philadelphia I was born and grew up
With chewing gum And basket was happy
Always quiet without hurry or anything
No school Installed in the fiaca.

Then the maliantes
I still do not know why they looked for problems and I confronted them
My mom, very scared, said to me:
You move right now with your aunt and uncle from Bel-Air.

I cried and pleaded night and day
But he packed my bags and sent me with my aunt
He gave me a big kiss and
A plane ticket and I said to myself: willi resignation.
What kind of champagne glass
they gave me my juice that terrible hoax
if in Bel-air that's how you live in everything I thought ... it could be fine.

I called a taxi and when I looked at it I noticed
that said cool I do not know why
I did not give importance to him and I approached him
and I said to myself
You're almost in Bel-Air.

At last I came to a most elegant mansion
and I told the taxi driver to put on deodorant
looking at my kingdom I finally thought
the prince of all Bel-Air has arrived
Aaaaa ......

And here’s the song itself.

It’s not like, a good performance or anything, so don’t get your hopes up. I think it’s mostly meant to be comical.

Interestingly, it was also called “the RAP prince of bel air”. Probably because calling him “fresco” (fresh) would maybe imply he’s gay.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ogo79 - Beatings always make me hungry.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
What the heck?! 😮
Prince Bel-Air in Spanish dub ?? 🤣
Prince Ali by Will Smith had some Bel-Air vibes if i remembered.

Anti-Matter

ogo79

@bimmy-lee
a good beating merits a good meal.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Oh my god. That video is going to give me nightmares for the rest of my life...
Absolutely horrible, nowhere near resembling Will Smith's voice.

I do appreciate you making the effort to do the translation, so thank you for that, but all of it combined only confirmed what I already knew:
source material is superior, and far as I'm concerned, the only way to watch or listen to anything.
I'm glad the Dutch use subtitles, instead of dubbing everything.

Just look at the original, perfectly rhyming lyrics:

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In West Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suit case and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my Walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about seven or eigth
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

Completely butchered in the translation. Not a single rhyme left.
EDIT:
And where the hell did they get the chewing gum bit from in the translation?

P.S.

What's up with the weird interrupting of the song by saying all the names of the participating actors out loud?
As if people can't read...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 I used to work at Fannie may in high school(candy company). I was the only guy who worked there (which was cool at times for a high school guy 😉) and the perks were unlimited candy , like legit. It never got old either. I stuffed my face every shift.

Also my wife used to work at Hooters and she has horror stories being a server so I get it. I don't get why people are rude to servers and workers. It's so ignorant

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Eel

@ThanosReXXX I'll share some more musical butchering later, just for you.

They often read the names outloud in old dubs. Probably to get people familiar with the pronunciation of the English names.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX My main problem is that getting to the foreign countries (Heck, some states even) that I want to would cost a pretty penny. Air travel unfortunately isn't cheap in most cases.

Then there are the other complications of who to get to keep half an eye on my house, time off work, playing catch-up to the life I temporarily left behind, etc., etc. I'm usually not too keen to be gone more than a week or so.

Maybe I'll take baby steps, like try to venture into Canada within the next few years. That's closest, but it's still a fair distance away. XD Or the northeastern or northwestern U.S. since I have no experience with either of those areas....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature I imagine working at Hooters would be particularly bad...

I also imagine the reason for this mistreatment of servers, especially in the USA, is the way we have stigmatized service work. Working at fast food or a store or a restaurant was generally used as a threat in my middle and high school as what you'd have to do if you didn't study. And in media people doing that sort of job are always portrayed as stupid, unsuccessful, unhappy, lazy, incompetent, etc...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 that sounds about right. And people think because they're paying money to eat somewhere they own that server. Not saying everyone over here thinks that way but alot of people do.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature Of course, there are plenty of people, probably most people really, who treat servers just fine. But not being rude is forgettable, we don't remember someone who was simply polite.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 it's kind of like my job. Customers have horrible memories when you do some thing great for them but great memories when you do some thing bad ( or a mistake )

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

I've never been to a Hooters and honestly have no desire to go to one. There are plenty of perfectly decent restaurants that are closer than a ninety minute drive.

I try to be nice to people in the customer service, food service, and retail industries. Their jobs aren't easy, and more often than not any anger at them is due to factors outside of their control. Some people are even perfectly happy working those jobs, so why begrudge them? That said, a small handful of these workers, as in any industry, can be rather rude themselves.....

Anyway, I try to be nice and rather patient even when I'm perturbed. Nobody needs THAT bad moment in their day...or a reason to siphon those extra rage points onto someone else.

...Speaking of days, I'm beyond done with mine. I'm sooo glad that it's close to bedtime. I need a Pokémon Center.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

I always make it a point to be pleasant and jovial to folks in food service and retail. I’ve been on the other end, and those happy customers really were the moments that I enjoyed. Ones that weren’t just nice, but engaged me as another person.

I’ve only broken that a few times, one in particular I remember about 9 or 10 years ago. I had left GameStop company to attend school full time, and one day I went to buy my mother a 12 month Live sub. The code on the card didn’t work, and I called the GameStop I got it from. Of course the ASM was somebody I had never gotten along with while I was a manager at other locations and he didn’t realize who I was on the phone, and he tried to tell me he couldn’t do a defective exchange. Long story short; So I went a mile back to the store, called a Microsoft rep I had, and put them on speakerphone with him, while we both explained exactly what the retailer’s response should be. Not only did my card get swapped, but the SM came from the back and ribbed the ASM for giving me a hard time about it because I was right. This is back when the cards were already active prior to checkout, so it was the same as a defective controller.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I think the only time I've actually gotten fired up was at Comcast.. or at and t. Or maybe both. But that's because they're always lying about everything. Always charging you more here and there. Sorry but it really fires me up wasting my time on hold for 45 min only to be transferred to.someone else who says the opposite thing that the person before them said.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

I’m a 20% tipper at restaurants, and I tip a dollar a beer, or $2-3 for a mixed drink if paying cash and not racking a tab. If I’m paying a tab, it’s 20%. However, I will crush anyone at any company with extreme prejudice who tries to mess with my money. I’m just not going to play their “wait you out on hold so we can keep stealing from you” games. I take the upper hand, and I don’t give it up. Most reps cave in because they don’t get paid enough to deal with it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

Also, that Devolver sale is great. I have eight of their games, and I like them all. I usually start every Switch session with a Gungeon run or two, and finish with a couple runs on Downwell. I’m terrible at both games, but I really enjoy them.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic