Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,581 to 24,600 of 96,305

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Haruki_NLI

Man, 64 Switch games.

I need a life.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Anti-Matter

Untitled
We do have Chicken cooked with Sweet and Sour sauce (with Pineapple as topping).

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter That looks pretty good. Would go down nicely with some rice and a beer.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Depends on how long you own the console. I've bought three games so far, and I've only just bought it after Christmas. But your comment does make me wonder that if you already think that you need to get a life, what I'd need to get then, seeing as for my Xbox 360 for example, I've got well over 200 games.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tyranexx

So I finished chapter 2 of Super Paper Mario yesterday. It was a fun one overall, but I think someone at Nintendo and/or IS might have been hitting the coffee a little too strongly with this one. It was decently written, but Mimi is the very definition of nightmare fuel. That True Form of her's could definitely make its way into a more mature Nintendo horror game of sorts.

Anti-Matter wrote:

Untitled
We do have Chicken cooked with Sweet and Sour sauce (with Pineapple as topping).

Holy cow, that looks delicious!

Pineapple pizza sounds amazing right now. Heck, any pizza with anything barring those disgusting anchovies and green bell peppers sounds pretty good right now.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX 64 games in under two years. Got 5 on my wishlist currently with dates or already released.

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Well, besides the three I've now bought (Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey and Golf Story), I think I've got about 66 titles on my wish list, so we're par for the course there, I suppose.

Don't know if I'll reach that number before the end of 2020, though, but we'll see.

Too many good titles on the little engine that could, and quite a few more coming, surely...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx You thought THAT was nightmare fuel? Just this Saturday, I bought Super Mario Odyssey,
and I played through the first bit until I got the air ship up and running. That second boss fight character,
now THAT was the stuff of nightmares. Made me think of one of those far-removed, oversized aunts that you only see on weddings and funerals and who always like to pinch the cheeks of children, leaving them traumatized for at least the rest of the day...

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Well, including currently undated games, its more like 11 titles....

I say this is unusual as my PS2, my favourite system ever, had the prior record.

And the PS4 is a far cry from that...

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Well, I was joking of course, but truth be told, I wouldn't even be surprised if it actually was around 66 titles, seeing as there's already SO much I like and want on the Switch, so we'll see where we actually are in a year or two...

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I quite enjoyed that moment actually, but dang, everyone who says that Nintendo is too kid-friendly clearly hasn't played many of their games. I'm a sucker for dark moments like that; I've been expecting them in Majora's Mask 3D, but to see that moment out of what's so far been a somewhat-cheery game (with a couple of exceptions) knocked me off-balance a bit. Then it was offset by a lighter WTF moment shortly afterwards. XD

But you actually see her neck BREAK and her eyes go lifeless before she goes full-on The Exorcist.

Congrats on getting a Switch! I'll hopefully be joining that crowd in a few months. I've admittedly built up a slight Switch retail backlog already, but it's not an astronomical size yet. At this point, I also don't plan on picking up any more games until I actually get one. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Thanks. And if you're anything even remotely like me taste-wise, then you're gonna love it to bits.
It may have Nvidia innards, but I'll be damned if it hasn't got that true Nintendo magic oozing out of all of its pores. And the screen is a beauty to behold. Crisp, responsive, and just the right size to accommodate all the various play styles and carrying it around.

I'm assuming you're talking about enjoying the moment in Paper Mario, seeing as you haven't got a Switch yet,
or have you already played Super Mario Odyssey on someone else's Switch? Either way, there's some great moments in Odyssey, right from the start. I won't go into detail, since a large part of the magic lies in your own discovery of them. And the controls are still familiar to anyone ever having played a 3D Mario game, but it feels (and is probably the case) like they've refined them even more than they already were, so before long, you're making the most insane and hilariously entertaining moves.

Yeah, I'm a very happy camper...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Octane

@Anti-Matter That looks a lot like Chinese sweet and sour pork!

@ThanosReXXX I've got it since mid 2017 and I have six games, I don't see myself getting 60 games any time soon..!

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX A lot of games I just prefer on the system. Its weird like that. Normally Im a bit of a graphics snob.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I've played Starlink on an acquaintance's system for the span of about 30 seconds before someone needed me for something. XD It was at a developer Meetup group that I attend and someone was wanting some pointers on a platformer they're working on in GameMaker Studio. I know people IRL that have them, but they aren't something you see out in the wild around here much.

And yep, I was referring to that moment in Super Paper Mario I mentioned earlier. I technically have Super Mario Odyssey already. Besides that, I also have the Special Edition of BotW (I'm part of the reason the adoption rate was over 100% when the Switch launched, though I would have grabbed a Wii U bundle if they had been a thing), SteamWorld Dig 2 (recent sale on BB), and Octopath Traveler is coming in the mail. Due to the recent Nintendo Eshop sale going on here, Target in the US dropped the prices of a couple of their physical games to match their digital counterparts.

I'm making myself stop picking up Switch games until the fated day when I buy/order one. I'm thinking the game that I'll pick up with it then will be either Smash Ultimate or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe....

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Well, that's pretty modest in my opinion. I'm probably going to surpass that before the end of the first quarter of this year. There's just too much good stuff on and coming to the Switch that makes it all the more harder to ignore.

@Knuckles-Fajita Well, that's still possible on the Switch. I am quite impressed by how beautiful Super Mario Odyssey looks, and Breath of the Wild may not be a title that is built from the ground up, but it's still something to behold as well.

By and large, it's only the bigger triple A titles, that have to be brought down a notch graphics-wise, but other than that, it's a pretty decent system.

@Blitzenexx By the way: I highly recommend you buy a screen protector straight away, once you get the Switch.
I myself got the Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Big Ben, because it has a pretty high H (hardness) value, but I do believe that's more readily available in Europe only. I checked Amazon, and these or these seems to be pretty good as well.

And I got a Steelplay carrying case. Fits the console with JoyCons attached, cables and JoyCon attachments/straps and 10 game cards. I've heard good things about the case from PDP as well.

I do also recommend buying the screen protector in a game shop where they're willing to stick it onto the Switch for you, because doing it yourself can be something of a chore, so better let the professionals handle it. Unless of course, you're completely comfortable with handling that yourself, but it's thin glass, so any small mistake or applying too much pressure, and it's >snap!<...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX I'm at 66 games now. TAKE MY BANK CARD OFF OF ME!!!

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Nah, man. You gotta gain control, my good sir. Taking away anything enticing from an addict isn't going to cure the illness. Mind over matter and all that...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic