Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,601 to 24,620 of 96,538

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX I have an addictive personality. Mercifully not to anything physically harmful. And now Im having an anxiety attack XD

Im amazing really.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HobbitGamer

ThanosReXXX wrote:

seeing as for my Xbox 360 for example, I've got well over 200 games.

I immediately thought of my Xbox line. When I logged my profile onto a friend’s box the other day and there were 187 games available to install....

@ReaderRagfihs Also, I gritted my teeth and did it. Luigi’s Mansion plays again! Can’t find anywhere this side of Charleston that resurfaces, though. I’ll have to let the ole Wii try to read it one day.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

Yeah after I saw I was at 102 games on switch I put myself on a purchasing ban.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Heavyarms55

So, I have this weird opinion that, although I hate winter, I feel like, if it is gonna be cold, it ought to snow. If I have to bundle up anyway, I want it to at least be pretty outside. I think dry winters are the worst, because everything just looks dead and grey.

I mean, I hate driving through snow, and shoveling, but I think I actually prefer that to the depressing dead dryness that is the alternative.

Anyone else feel that way?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Ryu_Niiyama That's impressive man. Here I thought I was going nuts with over 50... All the power to you though, if you can afford it.

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows Haha, yeah. Got the same problem on my Xbox One. Games with Gold isn't really helping to trim it down either...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ryu_Niiyama

@Heavyarms55 I'm female, but I blame GCU for all the buys...and the fact that the Switch is now my favorite system. However I'm getting a backlog so I decided to pump the breaks a bit. Goal is to hold out until Fire Emblem comes out. (We shall see. But I believe in myself!!!!)

I mostly agree with you on wanting a snowy winter (it is cold in Phoenix for some reason ....I moved here to escape cold weather...come on Earth, keep up!) but at the same time I'm from the south, where a snowflake can shut down a state. (well it is really the Black ice that kills us more than snow but still...)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 You probably weren't aware, but "he" is actually a woman, but she's pretty relaxed, so she'll probably overlook it...

P.S.

Just kidding. And completely agreed on your assessments and sentiment concerning winter.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Well, I'll be damned. You beat me to it. So much for chivalry...

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX LOL I overlook it as in I don't get angry or anything, just a quick correction. I know the Ryu throws people off.

It is the intent that counts right? So I think that counts as positive chivalry.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Much obliged, ma'am...

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp after seeing that JN64 thread I have a new obsession. (I just bought Wonder Project J2 like two months ago NIB). But I want to complete my Sailor Moon game collection first. (Wait....I'm not supposed to be spending money on games.) Welp this is like walking over hot coals.

PERFUME IS ON A WORLD TOUR THIS YEAR!!!! (I have NO money but I have GOT to figure out how to go to the CA show....I just...I just can't deal....) Buying tickets right now. I'll figure out the rest later.

EDIT: Just bought my ticket. No clue how im going to get there but ill hitch hike if I have to. I'm going to have to work so much overtime.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I've been debating about a screen protector, actually. There are no game specialty stores in my immediate vicinity besides GameStop though. I usually get along well without them with my 3/DS systems, but that's mainly because I'm a complete pansy when it comes to using the touch screen. My original blue phat DS though....That one had seen a little too much Guitar Hero: On Tour. I'm pretty sure those games are the primary reason the lower screen became scratched and not as responsive.

Since the touch screen on the Switch is more for the fingers though....I hate fingerprints. I'm so glad my N3DS XL no longer has a shiny finish as I've frequently wiped the thumbprints off of my other systems.

Heavyarms55 wrote:

So, I have this weird opinion that, although I hate winter, I feel like, if it is gonna be cold, it ought to snow. If I have to bundle up anyway, I want it to at least be pretty outside. I think dry winters are the worst, because everything just looks dead and grey.

I mean, I hate driving through snow, and shoveling, but I think I actually prefer that to the depressing dead dryness that is the alternative.

Anyone else feel that way?

...Actually yes, as long as the snow doesn't exceed 4-5 inches and the ice stays at a minimum.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Blitzenexx Aside from the fingerprints and so on, I've found out that the dock actually does affect the plastic screen cover of the Switch. No scratches, like some reported online some time ago, but more like slight scuff marks on the bottom left and right. And I've only had it since the 28th of December. Luckily, I was able to polish the marks off of the surface, but had I gone on for longer without protector, they would have just returned in time.

And besides, the screen protector has the advantage of both remedying that, and preventing fingerprints, because it has some kind of repellent layer on it, so that is just two of the reasons why I'd recommend it. And the Switch has a hard screen, unlike the DS line and the Wii U, which also makes a rather significant difference.

But I actually do have screen protectors on all of those too. I hate damaging or scratching my consoles,
so I always try to prevent, rather than remedy stuff like that.

On a side note: most games work perfectly fine without touch controls, or at least: most games I've tried. There's a ton of games that either have demos or are free to download/free to play, so from the selection available, I've only come across a few that have a touch screen control option, but even these also offer JoyCon controls as an alternative, such as some point and click adventures available from the eShop.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Heavyarms55

@Ryu_Niiyama Sorry about, I use "man" and "dude" for pretty much everyone, especially online. I meant no offense.

And black ice kills no matter what, I'm from Michigan originally, where we sometimes laugh off 2 feet of snow, but everyone still hates icy conditions. One time I had what would have been a 40 minute drive that took 2 hours to get home because of the ice. On the highway exit ramp, there was a gust of wind and the big truck in front of me slip sideways off the road... And I remember as a kid walking to the bus stop falling from black ice and busting my knee up good - that was a fun day... Thankfully the part off Japan I live in today rarely gets icy like that. We get snow sometimes, but in 3.5 years I have lived here, never any of the freezing rain that leads to ice like in Michigan.

GeoChrome

@Heavyarms55 Definitely agree. I live in Texas, so snow isn’t very common here. However, last winter (2017-2018), it snowed in Houston. It also helps that school was cancelled for about a week because of the snow caking the roads. I still have a picture of it, if you’d like to see it. It’s still once of the best natural occurrences I’ve experienced. Photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsUKpoeFKDy8lnMMOWI-DAeZxRCafydDi...

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX: I also hate damaging and scratching my consoles; kid me was actually pretty decent about not using my handheld systems without washing my hands (sticky/dirty controllers still trigger my OCD), but I wasn't as great with not scratching up the systems. I tried to be careful, but I was and still am quite a klutz. XD My old GBC has some worn paint and a couple of small battle scars, but my old GBA SP has seen a few drops and scratches, not to mention it has also dealt with more than its share of pocket lint. I barely use the touch screen on any of my 3/DS systems and (as mentioned before) barely apply any pressure when I do. The only system I've had to give up was, ironically, the one with the scratched lower screen, but what ultimately did that one in was an accidental drop caused by defensive driving physics while I was a passenger in a vehicle.

I have what I consider a decent Sheikah Slate carrying case from that BotW bundle, but I'm thinking the screen protector that you have (if it's easy to get a hold of) might be the way to go. The marks on the upper screen of my OG 3DS still drive me nuts sometimes, but that's due to a design issue and isn't really something I can fix. I don't plan on using many touch-centric games, but if I end up getting The World Ends With You: Final Remix at some point, I think I will use touch controls for that one.

@Heavyarms55: It's funny; here we laugh at the southern population and their gridlock issues when it so much as just spits snow or barely ices, but I'm sure that the likes of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota laugh at the likes of us when we close schools/businesses when there are more than three inches of snow on the ground.

(To be fair, much of the area that I live in is significantly rural.)

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

@GyroZeppeli Wow! Texas cancels school for such light snowfall? I suppose it makes sense, seeing how uncommon it must be there. I imagine most places don't have much equipment for dealing with it. In Michigan and Shiga (where I live in Japan) we have trucks that go around plowing the major roads and in the former's case, throwing down salt to keep the half melted snow from re-freezing into sheets of ice. They don't use salt in Japan, instead Japanese people put chains on their tires for extra traction when needed.

@Blitzenexx Yeah for 3 inches that would be just another day in a Michigan winter, and not enough of an issue to cancel school in Japan. There is no magic number for how much snow is needed though, the time of day the snow falls is more important. We could have a foot or more of snow, but if the trucks have long enough to clear it away then nothing will be cancelled. On very rare occasions we have had "cold days". When I was in college, around 2013 we had a 2 day stretch where temperatures dropped to something like -15 Fahrenheit before windchill, even colleges shut down because the heating systems couldn't handle the strain. In the dorms we locked every door but the main entrances to keep the heat in. The temp dropped so low that pipes were bursting from frozen water all around town!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

GeoChrome

@Blitzenexx I’ve had a Switch since summer of 2017 and never used a screen protector. The only problem that I’ve faced without are the scratch marks on the screen border, which are not very noticeable. The carrying case you have should do the job, I have a very similar one featuring a blue Sheikah eye, which has gone through about 10 trips with no damage to the Switch or the case.
@Heavyarms55 Texas really doesn’t have good prevention against snow and frost. One of the main reasons schools across Houston stayed cancelled for a while was a school bus driving on the highway (don’t ask me why, idk) spiraled out of control due to the ice. Just trying to go outside was a challenge, as my driveway was like an ice rink (didn’t help that all I had were tennis shoes). It’s a big problem now, since winters are getting colder and colder, eventually it could become worse than the state flood prevention (don’t get me started on that).

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Heavyarms55

@GyroZeppeli I have a treated glass protector that doesn't interfere at all with the touch screen.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic