Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,561 to 24,580 of 96,538

GeoChrome

ogo79 wrote:

GyroZeppeli wrote:

@ogo79 Where is the designated pickup location?

Untitled

So the dumpster behind the Wendy’s?

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

LuigibrineTheGreat

@ogo79 are there any more onion rings than that!? one doesn't satisfy me!!

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

GeoChrome

@Andrew_R_2000 I called dibs first.

On a somewhat separate note, Whataburger has some pretty good onion rings.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

@roy130390 I think you got worst and best confused 😉

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Yeah, I know, the graphics aren't anything to write home about anymore, although I do have to say that it looks a bit better on my TV with a VGA box, so something does get lost in translation on YouTube, as it usually does. Some things are just better when experiencing them in person.

But in this case, it is more about the rather solid gameplay, and I would say that this poll ranking you mentioned, speaks volumes towards that being the case.

@Ryu_Niiyama You're welcome. I recognized and remembered the frustration, so sending out a few positive vibes was the least I could do. Sure do think that I could have used some of those as well, back in the day...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Haruki_NLI

Decided against the date in the end. Honestly not my kind of thing and it would be too complicated family-wise.

And now my lovely mother is asking, repeatedly, what I want for my birthday... ugh.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

@CharlieSmile Nah its cool. Not really ready, even 2 years on from the last one broke me.

But the plus side, I can at least flirt again amirite?

ThanosReXXX

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

And now my lovely mother is asking, repeatedly, what I want for my birthday... ugh.

So... should I read that as you wanting your mother to drop it already, or as you having an issue with birthdays?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

LadyCharlie

@Knuckles-Fajita damn right you can flirt again. that counts for a lot.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX A little bit of both. I don't particularly view my birthday in any positive light. For all I care it's January 11th, just like Christmas is just December 25th. Plus my grandfather, back in 2015, passed on the 12th.

That and I genuinely dont care about my birthday or any public holidays. But this gift from my mother will be late due to her severance being on the 18th, but I also cant ask for anything before hand due to gifts most likely en route from my family at the other end of the country!

@CharlieSmile There was a time where flirting would make me vomit uncontrollably. But having just done it with this guy I can see it's not an issue now. Now for every other part of a relationship to be restored.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Ah, that's sad, about your grandpa. I can imagine that hanging over any potential joy you could derive from a (nearby) festive day, and I kinda agree with you about birthdays, but I do like the holidays. Birthdays are just a number, and I don't care for gifts anymore (family always give useless stuff most of the times anyway) but what I do like is family get-togethers, especially since we've gone from a large to a medium size family in the space of approximately a decade, so we cherish the ones we've still got left even more, and we always were close to begin with.

I can imagine people not caring about that when you have little or no connection to your family, but I do.

On a more brighter note: what might help, if only a little, is viewing the passing of another birthday as a small personal victory: a mark of survival, of you still being around, regardless of the odds and/or anything that life/God/the universe threw at you.

And that should, by all rights, only be seen as a positive thing.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita ask for a Chaos Emerald.

Just finishe Galaxy for the first time. Lolwut?! That ending was so ridiculous. Now to figure out something else to play...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Birthdays are just a number. Im a year closer to death. Yay. XD

Yeah honestly with my sister's birthday and the loss of her twin so close to Christmas, followed by my birthday and the loss of my grandfather I just sort of ignore all festivities.

My family just sends money usually. Well, that's what I assume is happening...

@JackEatsSparrows Galaxy is gooooooood.

HobbitGamer

@Knuckles-Fajita I get yah, birthdays aren’t a big deal to me, either. I actually take effort any time a department gets a new secretary to make sure that no calendar or memo has my birthday on it. (It’s harder than you think when the CEO sends out a monthly happy birthday email). I’ve succeed three years in a row.

Galaxy is fun. Not really getting the itch to grab 120 stars, though. I’m settling on 62 for now 😂

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita You need a refill: your glass is half empty...

But in all seriousness: with all of that in mind, I can totally understand. Just wanted to offer a small ray of light. Not for you to suddenly become more enthusiastic about birthdays, but to at least be a bit less negative about years passing. There's some good stuff bound to happen as well.

As for the gifts: well, at least you're almost sure you're getting some money, meaning you can use that to buy something that you actually want, instead of having to pretend to be happy with items of clothing (that you'll never wear more than once, to make them happy), men's bath products (from a brand or with a scent that you don't like) or stuff for daily household use (like towels, spoon racks, and so on)...
Only my friends give me games or gift cards for games, or take me out to see a movie.

Yeah, I know. Poor me, NOT. There's worse things happening in the world for sure. But due to all that, I'd rather have my family just to come over, and share some drinks and food and talk about the good old days, and toast to the ones we like and love to remember. They can leave the gifts at home...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Ah, Pizza Hawaii. Yummy! But only with salami/pepperoni, not with ham.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic