Forums

Topic: RIP Justin Carmical AKA JewWario 1971-2014

Posts 1 to 20 of 49

Mickey

Untitled
Justin Carmical (known by many fans of his show and Channel Awesome as JewWario) took his own life on January 23rd. A days later, his wife broke the news and it was just an all-around sad day for everyone who knew him, or just knew about him.

I don't want this to become a thread about whether or not it was selfish of him to do it, or if we should care if some "internet-celebrity" died, I just want to inform those who are perhaps not aware of this, and I'd also like this to be a place where we can all remember him. If you're not familiar with his work, that's fine, I myself wasn't exactly a regular watcher of his, but he wasn't just another gamer on the internet. He was probably one of the nicest people you could ever meet and... sometimes he did streams and would talk to his fans and... just take a look at this video.

I'm not very good at this, so I'll just quote something one of his friends had to say:

Justin Carmical was the nicest guy anyone had ever met. Never had an unkind word for anyone...

... The common thread you'll see in all the memorials to Justin is this: He made people happy. He was just a joy to be around. And I know so many people, so very many, who Justin offered a shoulder to cry on during rough times. He was that kind of a guy. And all of us, me, you, everyone, could stand to be more like Justin in that regard.

I'm not used to making threads, so this might come across as awkward, but I think he [JewWario] at least deserves a thread.

So for anyone else who knew about him... well, just post here I guess.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

2Pac

😱

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

2Pac

I feel sorry for all of his fans....

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

mamp

This is so sad and unexpected, I wonder what happened he was always so cheery and happy, the guy was hilarious. He kinda went off the map for me after he left TGWTG but when he was on there he was really great. He will be missed by his fans.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

sugarpixel

I know nothing about this, but sounds like a rather unfortunate case of bottled up emotions... even though I'd never heard of the guy, this still saddens me.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

MoogleMuffins

Heard about it yesterday. Seemed to have come out of nowhere, seemed a genuinely likeable guy.

Only ever saw a few of his videos, but they were pretty entertaining.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Vincent294

Never heard of him, but that's sad. I wonder what happened to him to make him feel that way.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

StarBoy91

Oh, my God, that's terrible! I only saw a few of his videos (albeit in crossovers, and a couple of TGWTG movies he was in), and I thought he was really funny and likable. It won't be the same without him. What happened that made him take his own life?

RIP JewWario

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Blast

Wow... That's very sad.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Super_Gravy

Do you have any ideas why this made him suicide or is it out of the blue? Sorry for asking this question if I offence anyone.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

Mickey

@WaveBoy I said this in the OP and I'll say it again: I don't want this to become a thread about whether or not it was selfish of him to do this. The man is dead, please try to show some respect. Now I'm not sure what exactly drove him to do this, but, whatever it was, we should at least try to respect it. If you can't, please leave before any arguments are started in this thread.

@Super_Gravy @WanderFan91 I don't think anyone knows for sure, really. His wife's post on FaceBook elaborates on what happened:

I also have to confirm he shot himself, but he was not alone, he locked himself in the bathroom and I was on the other side of the door talking with him. He knew I loved him, HE KNEW ALL OF YOU LOVED HIM. You all made him so happy, every time he was recognized from his videos, it made him giddy with joy.

His last recording was a song with Johnathan Mann, I don't know if Johnathan knows. He recorded it the night before.

I am surrounded by family and friends, and am taking this one moment at a time, remembering to breathe. I want to share with you what the Chaplain said to me, it was a momentary mistake, hold on to the good memories. I will post an update once a decision has been made about funeral arrangements.

If I need anything I will let you know, just hold on to each other and love each other, and thank you all so much for loving him so much.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

MikeLove

WaveBoy wrote:

it just pisses me off that there are children with cancer that are dieing for crying out loud who would KILL to be in this guys position...Somebody who i'm guessing was healthy and actually had a life a head of him.

Evidently not....

MikeLove

Snagrio

I've only known about Jewwario about a month or so ago, but even then this is still devastating news to his family, friends, and fans. Wonder what caused him to do it...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CanisWolfred

And I just saw a couple crossover videos without realizing it. The Pokemon Movies Reviews won't be the same without him. He'll live on in the hearts of all his fans...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Snagrio

CanisWolfred wrote:

And I just saw a couple crossover videos without realizing it. The Pokemon Movies Reviews won't be the same without him. He'll live on in the hearts of all his fans...

Those reviews are actually where I first heard of him. Watched them dozens of times. But now I don't feel like I can anymore...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MAB

WaveBoy wrote:

It always annoys me when somebody takes their own life. It's selfish...Now his mother, father, brothers or sisters are going to have to live with this for the rest of their lives...I couldn't imagine what they must be going through, over the selfish action of a loved one. It's horrible when anybody dies, but it just pisses me off that there are children with cancer that are dieing for crying out loud who would KILL to be in this guys position...Somebody who i'm guessing was healthy and actually had a life a head of him.

Yeah I know, the same can be said about the people that constantly whine about business and videogames on the internet... Imagine these same people with actual real life issues

MAB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.