Forums

Topic: IGN Top 100 RPGs - Top 20 Revealed

Posts 61 to 80 of 88

MikeDanger

Geonjaha wrote:

Emaan wrote:

I think the Pokemon games deserve to be where they are. Although, Ruby / Sapphire are so much better than Black / White, but that's just me.

Dragon Quest V pretty much invented the monster taming aspect of games that Pokemon was based on. Its existence led to the existence of the Dragon Quest Monsters and arguably the Pokemon franchise. Jus' saying.

Shin Megami Tensei would like a word with you

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Mieu-Fire

RR529 wrote:

I'm quite surprised that Tales of the Abyss didn't even make it on the list (from what I've heard, it was regarded the best in the series until a recent release).

the recent realese your talking about is vesperia but i think abyss is better sence its the best game of all time

MANGO

Mabbit

The RPG is a helluva broad genre. Even trying to compare games like Skyrim to Chrono Trigger is impossible since they're so different, it'd be like comparing Citizen Kane to Toy Story. The order might as well been randomized, so take the list with a grain of salt.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Geonjaha

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Emaan wrote:

I think the Pokemon games deserve to be where they are. Although, Ruby / Sapphire are so much better than Black / White, but that's just me.

Dragon Quest V pretty much invented the monster taming aspect of games that Pokemon was based on. Its existence led to the existence of the Dragon Quest Monsters and arguably the Pokemon franchise. Jus' saying.

The first Shin Megami Tensei game came out after Dragon Quest V was first released. Would it still like a word with me?

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Mieu-Fire

Geonjaha wrote:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Emaan wrote:

The first Shin Megami Tensei game came out after Dragon Quest V was first released. Would it still like a word with me?

erm yes it would it wants to call you about some apple pie they ordered 3 hours ago there very upset about it

MANGO

Geonjaha

Oh...well that is a different issue. They'll just have to wait their turn wont they?! >:0

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

zezhyrule

The first MegaTen game was released in 1987. DQV was released in 1992.

Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei features several gameplay elements that became standards in the rest of the series, including demon catching and fusing and first-person dungeons.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

kyuubikid213

No Dragon Quest IX. Ah well...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

turtlelink

Mother 3 deserves to be on that list much more than Earthbound.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Banker-Style

There isn't no Last Story on the list

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

SomeBitTripFan

How IGN won over more common gamers. Now with more crap than ever before. Pokemon over Xenoblade? No Tales of the Abyss. Tales of Symphonia at #77. Final Fantasy VII under SKYRIM? Could you hand me you gun @zez. My PC monitor cannot show such an abomination and live.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Happy_Mask

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

My PC monitor cannot show such an abomination and live.

if that's how you react when an inanimate object, tells you that, I shudder to imagine how you would react if a person told you.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

moomoo

I'm trying to understand where all of this Tales of the Abyss love is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, it was a solid game, but there wasn't anything truly exemplary about it. The gameplay was okay, the main characters were okay, the music was okay, and the pace was overall solid (though it felt like you were going on tangents a lot), but there wasn't anything in that game that screamed to me "I'm so awesome". If we're talking 3DS RPGs here, then Devil Survivor: Overclocked kicked it to the curb in every regard outside of an open world to explore, and if we're talking PS2 RPGs then it doesn't even stand a chance against most of the other games on the system.

I understand loving a game a lot, but you've got to look at games critically as well, and I can definitely understand why Abyss isn't on this list. (Plus if it was put on the list then Ys: Book 1 and 2 would go away and that would make me sad.)

Persona 4 being so low, on the other hand...

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

SomeBitTripFan

@Happy_Mask :

I put up with people many who would think this list is 100% true. They look at anything without massive media hype and scoff. However PC monitors can be replaced, people's lives cannot.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Happy_Mask

or can they...
Untitled

SomeBitTripFan

But, does that clone share its' conscious with the original or is it a separate unique being? On subject, I wonder who created this horrid list.

Just Someloggery

Happy_Mask

Michael Pachter. that's the answer to both questions.

retired_account

moomoo wrote:

pixelman wrote:

lol Chrono Trigger isn't #1. You missed April 1st IGN.

I don't think that is really the big problem here. #2 is pretty darn awesome, and of all the games to beat it, Final Fantasy VI would definitely be the one to beat it.

lol you missed April 1st moomoo.
yes I'm one of those people who doesn't like 6 a whole lot. I love 4 but damn it nothing gets better than Chrono Trigger.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.